Michael Rensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I do, but you didn't appear to be using irony, you appeared to have misinterpreted my post

It wasn't me who using irony. Your post was ironic, not sarcastic. Ergo, you don't.

teblin

football manager has the largest scouting network in the world. And believe a number of clubs use the database.

The Major

Just because Everton are paid to say that they use Football Manager doesn't mean that they actually do.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Just because Everton are paid to say that they use Football Manager doesn't mean that they actually do.
True. Professional football clubs are always telling pointless lies that don't benefit them in the slightest and paying for things they have no intention of using.

The Major

True. Professional football clubs are always telling pointless lies that don't benefit them in the slightest and paying for things they have no intention of using.

My guess is is that Football manager pay them. There's not much point in Everton paying them when they could just buy a disc at ASDA.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
My guess is is that Football manager pay them. There's not much point in Everton paying them when they could just buy a disc at ASDA.

None of them use FM. They use the database that is used by FM - and they pay for the privilege.

The Major

Then why do they pay Sports Interactive actual, real money for the database? Why are you blindly asserting things we know to be false?

Having read that Times article posted earlier it said'
On Friday, it was announced that Everton have signed an exclusive deal with Sports Interactive, the game’s developers, to give the club special access to the full database. At a stroke, David Moyes’s scouting team gained details of more than 370,000 players and staff at 20,000 teams in 50 countries. Why Everton, when other clubs had approached the makers about a similar tie-up? It helped, no doubt, that Paul and Oliver Collyer, those brothers, are diehard Evertonians
Doesn't say who paid who. Sounds like a publicity stunt to me but I don't have any evidence either way so I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669