Michael Rensing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read that Times article posted earlier it said'

Doesn't say who paid who. Sounds like a publicity stunt to me but I don't have any evidence either way so I might be wrong.

You're welcome to use the template in post #32 to apologise. :icon_wink

(I agree that no team plays FM to scout for players, although it does look like they use the database, which is another matter entirely...)

You're welcome to use the template in post #32 to apologise. :icon_wink

(I agree that no team plays FM to scout for players, although it does look like they use the database, which is another matter entirely...)

I don't understand why it is that much of a different matter. They use the same database that is available to players of the game. The only difference is that they don't actually have to play the game.

Nowadays I believe it would be silly for some clubs (or at least their scouts) not to use it as an additional tool. It's a cheap way of narrowing down searches without actually having to spend money travelling around the world.

I'm not saying that clubs sign players solely on their FM ability(or don't sign them because of it), although I wouldn't be surprised if it has happened.

Everyone seems to be assuming that football professionals trust the people that compile the database as competent to judge. Seeing as one manager can make a star out of someone who was rejected as not good enough by another club proves that there are varying opinions in the game.

The fact that the lads I know who play this game always seem to be able to take Bristol Rovers into the champions league tends to make me a bit sceptical as well.

PS Can anybody tell me who Everton have signed using this database?

Last edited:
Everyone seems to be assuming that football professionals trust the people that compile the database as competent to judge. Seeing as one manager can make a star out of someone who was rejected as not good enough by another club proves that there are varying opinions in the game.

The fact that the lads I know who play this game always seem to be able to take Bristol Rovers into the champions league tends to make me a bit sceptical as well.

In doing this its fair to say that they nurtured well known rising stars over time and built a squad over 10-15 seasons. Maybe even cheated ?

But dont forget Man City were in League 1 not long ago, now look at them!

They wouldn't sign a player without going to watch him or doing any research at all.

SELECT * FROM playerTable WHERE mongieView = 'Legund!!!!11!!!!eleventyone!!1111';

Well let us hope he can speak English otherwise Camp Commandant King will be telling Sven he is crap because he does not understand his dressing room jokes.

You're not really getting the reason why Everton use the database. It's not about using it has a judge of character but to get a raft of information about players with relative ease.

If Everton have a scout who spots a player, they get a name and then from the database FM produces they can find age, dob, height, weight, club history, birthplace, international status etc. all through a few flicks. Very, very useful for players outside of Europe and players in academies.

Last edited:
Fell out of favour at Bayern. Came to the end of his contract and it wasn't renewed. Premier League clubs have shown interest but nothing has happened as yet.

Anyone know how recently he was a first-teamer at Bayern?

Translation from a Spanish paper.http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2010/11/01/2193471/mercado-eriksson-y-un-segunda-pueden-salvar-la-carrera-de-un

Football is giving a new opportunity for Michael Rensing. Having sunk a product of their problems out of Bayern Munich, the former international U-21 Germany launched has received a cable from England: Sven-Goran Eriksson has opened the doors to test it in the Leicester City team that acts in the second category and Xes be able to return this season for the elite.

Following the withdrawal of Oliver Kahn at Bayern Rensing seemed to have the great opportunity of a lifetime. He was young, had qualities and all his supporters to be the successor to the White Gorilla. But Rensing not only failed, but soon became an expendable player for the Bavarian club, who let him out with a free agent last summer.

Rensing, who played more than a hundred games for the reserve team of Bayern, has received an invitation from Leicester to try on for weeks, dreaming about being able to convince Eriksson and earn a professional contract in England.

"He has come here. It's just a test and nothing is decided yet. But he is training with us,"confirmed Eriksson on the goal of 26 years.

After his slack season 2008/2009, where he committed errors that cost recalled several points in all competitions for Bayern, Rensing played only seven games in the following year, before seeing how he terminated the contract last summer. In England could have a great opportunity for revenge sports.

Its beginning to look like wheale is on the way out, Spens looking for a good goalkeeper and im affraid its looking like he dosent rate weale or logan,and moving up the field waghorns got to show some form and get us some goals ,or i can see him on the bench, hes certainly not looking like a 2 million pound striker at all ,BIG CHANGES ARE ON THE WAY.

Its beginning to look like wheale is on the way out, Spens looking for a good goalkeeper and im affraid its looking like he dosent rate weale or logan,and moving up the field waghorns got to show some form and get us some goals ,or i can see him on the bench, hes certainly not looking like a 2 million pound striker at all ,BIG CHANGES ARE ON THE WAY.

Welcome Alli. You might be right about Sven and the goalkeepers.

A word or two of advice: It's allowed to use more than one sentence in a post. And mind your spelling or you'll soon be branded the new nwets.

Thanks for the reply Blaarev.
Ill take note of your advice:
very helpfull .im sure ill get the hang of things on the site .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669