Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profondo Rosso View Post
was there not talk of a possible entry into administration being on the horizon just before MM came in?
I don't know if there was any truth to that or whether it was just propaganda to make people support the MM takeover.

I don't know if there was any truth to that or whether it was just propaganda to make people support the MM takeover.

It was propaganda, what would have happened is the sale of our best players at the end of that season to keep the club financially stable, now 3 a bit years later.......

With regards to the VAT rise, I'm sure that the Trust responded to this before I could in a previous thread; it was raised at the last FCC, [url="http://www.lcfc.com/page/FansConsultativeCommittee/0,,10274~1959153,00.html]minutes attached[/url]. Although it was stated where the money had gone, the club still hasn't published the list on the website or through the media, although I would guess that someone might think by including it on these minutes and then on the website that way constitutes notice???

We will again raise it at the next FCC and the one after & so on, until something is published, not providing the information only leads fans to one conclusion

Some what surprised that nobody's mentioned the fact that Milan could be planning to spend a decent amount of time in jail shortly. It may not be LCFC that Pearson feels he cannot be seen to be involved with, but Milan.

I believe his trial is scheduled for next spring.

MM 03/03/10 - 'I am always confident Nigel will not leave. As for as the legality of the deal, we are working on that as well. And before the season is finished - well before the season is finished; I'd say the next 30 days or so - we will sort it out. He's here to stay at least as long as I'm here, so there is no problem with Nigel's contract. We are in contact, we have dialogue - it is really a rolling contract so when the year is finished there is another year coming. We are trying to do something more but Nigel is not concerned - it is not an issue. He says: 'Milan, I look you in the eye - I'm going to go nowhere'.'

MM 28/04/10 - "I am in contact with Nigel all the time and we will discuss his long-term contract at the end of the season, because we have to focus on every game now. It is a sensitive time of the year for us and we don't want to lose focus. Nigel and I agreed we would put that to one side and deal with it at the end of the season. I am not worried about any competition for a lot of reasons. He has another year on his contract but, most important, he has a good club, he is well supported and well respected by everyone - I can't see any reason why Nigel would move anywhere."

NP 14/05/10 - "I can't give anyone any assurances because, as I have said before, managers get sacked all the time. The ball is in the court of the club now and has been for some time. All those sorts of things (budget talks) at this moment in time are private. I don't want to discuss targets for next season. The ball is very much in the club's court in terms of the next stage. We will see how things develop. There are going to be a lot of changes, because we have a number of loan players. We will have to, if we are to progress, develop the side again. We will let the dust settle now and move on. We may need to make changes to the playing staff, as I suppose we did when we first came in, because you have to have players who are ready for the next challenge."

MM 03/03/10 - 'I am always confident Nigel will not leave. As for as the legality of the deal, we are working on that as well. And before the season is finished - well before the season is finished; I'd say the next 30 days or so - we will sort it out. He's here to stay at least as long as I'm here, so there is no problem with Nigel's contract. We are in contact, we have dialogue - it is really a rolling contract so when the year is finished there is another year coming. We are trying to do something more but Nigel is not concerned - it is not an issue. He says: 'Milan, I look you in the eye - I'm going to go nowhere'.'

MM 28/04/10 - "I am in contact with Nigel all the time and we will discuss his long-term contract at the end of the season, because we have to focus on every game now. It is a sensitive time of the year for us and we don't want to lose focus. Nigel and I agreed we would put that to one side and deal with it at the end of the season. I am not worried about any competition for a lot of reasons. He has another year on his contract but, most important, he has a good club, he is well supported and well respected by everyone - I can't see any reason why Nigel would move anywhere."

NP 14/05/10 - "I can't give anyone any assurances because, as I have said before, managers get sacked all the time. The ball is in the court of the club now and has been for some time. All those sorts of things (budget talks) at this moment in time are private. I don't want to discuss targets for next season. The ball is very much in the club's court in terms of the next stage. We will see how things develop. There are going to be a lot of changes, because we have a number of loan players. We will have to, if we are to progress, develop the side again. We will let the dust settle now and move on. We may need to make changes to the playing staff, as I suppose we did when we first came in, because you have to have players who are ready for the next challenge."

Thats called playing for time M.M's court case was deferred, now its due in a short while, he's facing either jail or a hefty wedge in fines, there was also talk earlier in the Season of him wanting a partner or partners to help the club........in january NFP was hoping for M.M to cough up some money in the transfer window to help the promotion bid
but nothing transpired. There something going on thats not good, M.M has always acknowledged he got the right man for the job and has said so many times..........so why has he kept putting matters off with the managers new contract, is he skint or has he been warned about his upcoming date with the law????

I can remember it being the end of the world when Little left. I can remember it being the end of the world when McGhee left. I bet people said the same when Jock Wallace left, but as I was young enough to get upset about these things, I don't trust my memory.

Players, managers, chairmen, they all come and go. Even the fans do, if truth be told. I'll still be supporting the club for the foreseeable, and if Pearson thinks his future is in Hull, rather than Leicester, I won't question his judgment, as I don't know what has made him leave. It could be a fall out with MM, it could be his unreasonable demands. It could be both. Unfortunately, which seems the appropriate word to use, I don't really give a crap. I have more important things to worry about at this present time.

Having said that, he'll get no response from me, favourable or unfavourable, when we play Hull.

:038: Top post

Thats called playing for time M.M's court case was deferred, now its due in a short while, he's facing either jail or a hefty wedge in fines, there was also talk earlier in the Season of him wanting a partner or partners to help the club........in january NFP was hoping for M.M to cough up some money in the transfer window to help the promotion bid
but nothing transpired. There something going on thats not good, M.M has always acknowledged he got the right man for the job and has said so many times..........so why has he kept putting matters off with the managers new contract, is he skint or has he been warned about his upcoming date with the law????

Or did NP put off signing the contract because he wanted to keep his options open?

Last edited:
One person's total guess is as good as another's.

Last Octobertime MM. publicly stated he would provide NFP with funding to get to his target of the Prem he also said that he had at last found the manager he could work with so that the club progressed, in January that premiss went down the drain when he would'nt fund any transfer deals in the window he also knew at that time that he needed to sit down with NFP in regard to a new contract and get some continuity at the WALKERS now if you are seeing that the club is going the right way, you're ultimate goal is to keep the staff that are trying to get your plan to succeed happy and sweet, can you then tell me WHY this contract failed and has failed dismally yes there are bound to be a lot of haggling but you will find a comprimise if you want to that saves face to all parties...... in other words give and take. but NFP has it in the back of his mind January and wants to secure the best deal of pay and funding for the future, also in the back of MM'S mind is what can i afford to give in dangling the carrot to make him sign and can I afford to do so, remembering the significant losses of the last two years
MM was also in the clutches of the taxman along with his former sidekick harry, but later finds himself alone under the cloud of two more charges of tax evasion which could be more serious than the first.

Also in the meantime MM has publically stated he would'nt mind a partner to shoulder some of the burden of L.C.F.C........ BEAR IN MIND HE IS ALSO GETTING ON IN YEARS and is probably thinking of retiring
anyway, I honestly do not know how much he has put into the club but my honest guess is that 75% is in the form of loans.
Remember he made his money in America but he is'nt immune from the upsets in the commercial money markets and might be feeling the pinch

This also reflects on his ability to run this financial venture at the Walkers. I am not guessing I am trying to find a viable solution to this bombshell...I could be wrong but it certainly is'nt far away from reality
I believe

I think he is a fraud. He says one thing in the press about wanting to "do everything possible" to keep his man, but in reality he has most probably manufactured this situation.

I want to say two faced, but if that were the case, why pick that one?

Last edited:
can you then tell me WHY this contract failed and has failed dismally

Of course we can't tell you why, none of us know why the contract negotiations failed. How could any of us, you included, possibly know? All we do know is that they took place.

Can you tell us why you're convinced that Milan, and not Nigel, is somehow to blame for the contract not being signed?

Remember he made his money in America

I'd be delighted if anyone could actually show this. I've read Wikipedia too but I've also read a shitload of SEC filings without getting any closer. I know places where he's pissed money away but I've yet to see where he's verifiably made money.

I think he is a fraud. He says one thing in the press about wanting to "do everything possible" to keep his man, but in reality he has most probably manufactured this situation.
Why would he do that? It's hardly a comfortable sitaution for him. Nobody was bashing Milan when things were going well the last two seasons. What possible reason could he have for manufacturing a situation that makes himself unpopular with the fans?

Why would he do that? It's hardly a comfortable sitaution for him. Nobody was bashing Milan when things were going well the last two seasons. What possible reason could he have for manufacturing a situation that makes himself unpopular with the fans?

Because it couldn't be Nigel who has ****ed us about. He's the messiah you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669