Millwall 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how we lack leaders, mentality as a team isn't good enough, not working hard enough, hence conceding easy goals.

Can see him being a manager in the future-clearly has a great understanding of the game.

season is far from over , but we need a good kick up the arse, we need a fighter in the middle someone like alan smith or barton both horrible i know but good players

The stats tell the story.

Attempts on target
Millwall 2 Leicester 6
Attempts off target
Millwall 2 Leicester 8

Plus another 5 corners from which we have failed to score!!

Needed: goalie, commanding centre half, creative midfielder, striker who knows where the goal is.

totally agree..

at least 5 of these need to be replaced

keeper

centre half (s)
centre forward
physical midfield player

that's the season over now... at best mid table mediocrity...

:bang::icon_sad:

that's the season over now... at best mid table mediocrity...

:bang::icon_sad:

Bit of over reaction there I think.
One game over half way, only 5 points from play off position, yes there's lot's to be done, but season already over, don't talk bollox!

Way too soon to be saying the season is over, especially when we're likely to spend decent money in the transfer window.

Think the team needs a new spine almost though. Keeper, centre back (someone with experience and commanding as a leader), a midfielder with some bite (in the Makelele/Gravesen/Carsley type mould), and a GOOD striker who will score goals being the priorities. Would like to see at least 1 creative player brought in as well, as I don't believe Gally/Dyer/Vassell are good enough to be first choice and our only options in those areas.

We're 5 points off play offs aren't we? Nothing is 'over' yet.

Momentum is everything - and the lack of it is as big a problem as the lack of points.

The diffficulty is that we have had upheavel in managers, playing styles and personnel....and its clear that further big changes are needed.

It's against that background that i think we have lost touch with having a realistic chance of reaching the play offs.

Still half a dozen wins on the trot would change all that.....but as I've said Sven really needs to get his act together because he seems to be floundering a bit at the moment.

Bit of over reaction there I think.
One game over half way, only 5 points from play off position, yes there's lot's to be done, but season already over, don't talk bollox!

HTB

i wouldn't feel like that if we didn't keep on putting performances in like that today..

the point against Leeds came form a fairly fortunate penalty in that Vassel would never have reached the ball. ( and wonder strike from King.) They had more shots than us and controlled large parts of the game.

Most of our back 4 are loans & we don't have a 15/20 goal striker.

23 games gone ... hmmmmm ..

i hope i'm wrong.. it's just very deflating when you keep getting your hopes up each week..
:102:

how is it going to miraculously turn-around ....

HTB

how is it going to miraculously turn-around ....

If Sven wants to give me a call, I'm sure I could enlighten him.:icon_wink

On a serious note, I don't think it needs to be anything miraculous.
What we could do with is somebody to play in the midfield that isn't afraid to get down and dirty. We are too nice!

Way too soon to be saying the season is over, especially when we're likely to spend decent money in the transfer window.

Think the team needs a new spine almost though. Keeper, centre back (someone with experience and commanding as a leader), a midfielder with some bite (in the Makelele/Gravesen/Carsley type mould), and a GOOD striker who will score goals being the priorities. Would like to see at least 1 creative player brought in as well, as I don't believe Gally/Dyer/Vassell are good enough to be first choice and our only options in those areas.

Pretty much spot on, though perhaps Gallagher could fit in with a Carsley type in midfield. We need some fight. I thought Ipswich was crucial, the excuse of 'we wanted to play football' wasn't good enough.

Didn't go today, haven't spoken to my brother since half-time, but my impression is that Sven isn't a promotion or English league expert. His real test will be how he learns:

Think of O'Neill after 0-2 Sheff U 1996, or 0-3 (I think) Leeds 2007, how he changed things around after these losses. Or even Little after 0-2 Charlton in 1991, or Adams after 1-6 Ipswich 2002... it's not the quality or age of a manager which is necessarily important, but rather how they adapt to the needs of the job and the league they're in. Contrast those examples with Taylor persisting with Lewis, Levein with De Vries and Maybury, Kelly with Andy Johnson etc. The jury's still out, only 5 or 6 points off still, all depends on how he fixes things.

What's the chance of Kirkland injuring his back whilst picking the ball out of the net. Again.

I think Sven is intelligent, and will know what kind of players he needs to sort it out in January.

I have faith we'll do a lot better in the second half of the season. Doesn't necessarily mean we'll go up, but I expect us to finish higher up than we are now. New players coming in will take time to settle etc. Unless they are top quality players (Given, Santa Cruz, Keane etc), I'd rather us bring players in on permanent deals rather than loans now

What concerns me is how he is selecting Bednar for the team ahead of Howard and Waghorn. Clearly he is not long term, clearly he is not interested, clearly he does not want to work hard, clearly he has no desire, clearly he needs to go back to West Brom as quickly as possible. Continuing to select him does nothing for team spirit which is what will get us through this inconsistent spell.....along with some shrewd signings next week.

What concerns me is how he is selecting Bednar for the team ahead of Howard and Waghorn. Clearly he is not long term, clearly he is not interested, clearly he does not want to work hard, clearly he has no desire, clearly he needs to go back to West Brom as quickly as possible. Continuing to select him does nothing for team spirit which is what will get us through this inconsistent spell.....along with some shrewd signings next week.

Howard and Waghorn have been just as shite

:icon_eek:

Bit harsh that.
Fair enough he hasn't been brilliant by any means, but last season and the season before he more than pulled his weight in the side.

He was useful in League 1, but didn't do much last year apart from a cameo appearance in the second leg of the play off. He's too old and slow to be an effective striker in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669