Millwall 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should be entitled to their view. The question is whether the current squad of players are capable of mounting am serious push for promotion. My view is that they are not, and that Sven needs to bring in 4-5 quality players in January, whilst dispensing those who are surplus to requirements ( Howard,Oakley, Berner etc).

On the train back home.

Millwall were shit but battlers. Two chances all game and a striker who worked his socks off. We were worse and they gifted us three good chances with probably four half/chances. Lack of bottle, fight and leadership; horrible to watch as we were defeated with attitude and bottle. The ref was excellent allowing the game to flow and the red card fully deserved.

I worry a bit about us tbh. Whoever comes in January will be expected to perform immediately and we're talking important areas of the pitch where players need time to work relationships and understandings. We all know what happened the last time in this situation.

Kirkland didn't do a lot wrong but his reactions to both goals were pre-historic. Weale had nothing to do.

Naughton, marking poor on the first goal but at least eager in the second half.
Hobbs/Morrison were dreadful first thirty and then hardly troubled. The second goal pretty much their fault acting like a couple of clowns.
Cunningham was very poor.

Oakley didn't do a lot wrong.
Wellens a lot of wasteful passing and King tbf looked our biggest threat but made a right cock up of an easy pull back in the first half.

Gallagher and Dyer, pair of them worked hard second half but both missed good, good chances.
Bednar, total waste of a shirt. Abysmal, in the Cort category of strikers.

Howard cocked up a great chance and was also a waste pretty much.
Vassell works hard but hardly created anything.

So, all all players were quality, in which case we should have won the League at a canter!

God, you really are pathetic

You are wittering on about your named players being not good enough for a promotion push

Well they were easily good enough last year

Which part of that can't you understand ?

But that isn't all you were saying. You were saying certain players have done feck all for us since joining the club.

No one is saying the squad we have right now is good enough- for whatever reason (ability, confidence, motivation, fitness etc etc) but it COULD be with two or three shrewd signings and not relying heavily on loanees.

God, you really are pathetic

You are wittering on about your named players being not good enough for a promotion push

Well they were easily good enough last year

Which part of that can't you understand ?

You're obviously very worked up about this, but I don't understand how these players were 'easily good enough last year' either. If they were, why aren't we in the Premiership? As for Howard, Brown, Berner, Oakley... all over 30. Brown gone, and playing for a shit club.

Which part of that can't you understand?

You're obviously very worked up about this, but I don't understand how these players were 'easily good enough last year' either.

We made the play offs with ease, and were unlucky not to make it through to Wembley. Pretty good 'promotion push', that

All with a load of totally shit players who are not fit for the conference, according to some of you idiots

I give in - they all need shooting and we should start all over again, obviously

What we lacked in quality last season was made up with team-spirit...and above all else they knew there jobs.

We were not pretty on the eye but effective...If Sousa had a tactical brain he would have built on it...not try to change it,but he did and we are still paying for it now.

Ritchie Wellens made a good point on the radio,he said you have to earn the right to play,this Leicester team think all they have to do is turn up,play the opposition of the park, job done.

Teams know what Leicester are all about,close us down and wait for the openings.

When Sven does make these signings,it will tell us a lot more about what his plans are.

Here's hoping that he will sign players who can allow us to a play 4-4-2 which works.

Re: Millwall 2

Apologies for harping onto an old theme of mine but I do not believe you should judge a manager until he has had a pre-season.

Players who were good last season put us bottom of the league after Paulo's pre-season and it was right to sack him. I believe (and cannot prove) that had Sousa stayed we would be in relegation trouble. Sven has got us out of that in difficult circumstances.

Sven has made one permanent signing in Vassall. The other signings are "make do and mend" as loan signings tend to be - some successful and some not.

At the moment it is not Sven's team. In August of next season it will be Sven's team and I look forward to seeing it.

I remember talking to Lazio fans in a Rome hotel while Sven was England manager. They spoke about Sven with the admiration that Forest fans spoke about Clough. Give him time. I think he is worth it.

Sven has a proven track record at the highest level and in that sense has nothing to prove. Whether he is ideally suited to achieving success in this league might be a different matter.

No matter how good Sven is - he is capable of making mistakes. The loan signings of Bednar and Kirkland had 'mistake' written all over them before they kicked a ball for us (which in Bednar's case is not very often and in Kirkland's case probably a physical risk too far).

It's the teams with pace, power and bottle that tend to get promoted infrom this league - and I hope that Sven can quickly make the changes to build on the high expectations that get dashed currently at least every other week.

Sven draws from a finite pool. I don't believe he's waiting until the transfer window to make his mark. One of our greatest downfalls as a club is that our supporters implode when things start to go against us. We are wonderfully vocal and ambitious prior to games, because we are Leicester. SK1-4 and the drummer in the East Stand raise the hairs on the back of my neck.... and then we concede.
Silence.
Why?
You score one, we'll score 2. This used to be the mantra. We are the twelfth man. And yet we belittle each other with snappy comments. Can we just get behind the team that we have, and complement them and sing the roof off?
BTW where is the best area to hear the singing for the Swansea game?

Kirkland - 4 - Not the real problem today, but could have been more alert.
Naughton - 5 - Got shaken by his man a couple of times but generally ok, particularly when asked to play further forward.
Morrison - 6 - Decent return to the side. Spent a lot of the first half cleaning up after Hobbs.
Hobbs - 4 - Truly awful first half, looked like he had his feet on backwards. Better after the break.
Cunningham - 3 - Worst game in a City shirt. Couldn't do two things right in a row. Flashes of adequacy, but not many.
Wellens - 5 - Gave the ball away a couple of times but didn't look too bad.
Oakley - 6 - Saved the defence at least twice, decent going forward. A good brain to have on the field.
King - 5 - Wasn't given the sort of room Leeds allowed him, and was ineffective by his standards.
Gallagher - 4 - Poor.
Bednar - 1 - Absolutely disgraceful display. Barely jumped for any high balls, can't run, shoot or pass. Lazy. Abused repeatedly by City fans and while it's not something I condone I can understand them. He shouldn't get paid for today.
Dyer - 4 - Not as penetrative as usual, misplaced some balls and just wasn't on today. Should have scored from a one-on-one with Forde but placed his shot wide.

Weale - 5 - Safer pair of hands than Kirkland.
Vassell - 5 - Made a couple of chances and should have scored.
Howard - 4 - Considerably better than Bednar, but not as effective as he could have been.

Can we just get behind the team that we have, and complement them and sing the roof off?
BTW where is the best area to hear the singing for the Swansea game?

You'll get more atmosphere and positive vocals at Leicester Cathedral.....

Kirkland - 4 - Not the real problem today, but could have been more alert.
Naughton - 5 - Got shaken by his man a couple of times but generally ok, particularly when asked to play further forward.
Morrison - 6 - Decent return to the side. Spent a lot of the first half cleaning up after Hobbs.
Hobbs - 4 - Truly awful first half, looked like he had his feet on backwards. Better after the break.
Cunningham - 3 - Worst game in a City shirt. Couldn't do two things right in a row. Flashes of adequacy, but not many.
Wellens - 5 - Gave the ball away a couple of times but didn't look too bad.
Oakley - 6 - Saved the defence at least twice, decent going forward. A good brain to have on the field.
King - 5 - Wasn't given the sort of room Leeds allowed him, and was ineffective by his standards.
Gallagher - 4 - Poor.
Bednar - 1 - Absolutely disgraceful display. Barely jumped for any high balls, can't run, shoot or pass. Lazy. Abused repeatedly by City fans and while it's not something I condone I can understand them. He shouldn't get paid for today.
Dyer - 4 - Not as penetrative as usual, misplaced some balls and just wasn't on today. Should have scored from a one-on-one with Forde but placed his shot wide.

Weale - 5 - Safer pair of hands than Kirkland.
Vassell - 5 - Made a couple of chances and should have scored.
Howard - 4 - Considerably better than Bednar, but not as effective as he could have been.

Generally agree with this, but think you may have been too generous to Morrison (the entirety of the back four were the problem today) and have not given Dyer enough credit (he should have scored his one on one, but it was actually saved - despite not being given a corner - and he was always an available, enthusiastic and generally compotent outlet).

We have better individuals than Millwall. Fact. Worringly, they wanted it way more than we did and we made it far too easy for them to score. Once they were two nil up, the whole composition of the match was changed.

Overall, it was a shit day out. And Gallagher remains a work-shy girl, with no desire, grit or mindset to compete in this league.

Ok I was out in Leicester today, didn't listen to the game nor attend the game. Was Kirkland injured again and that was the reason he was took off? Or just dogshite?

We made the play offs with ease, and were unlucky not to make it through to Wembley. Pretty good 'promotion push', that

All with a load of totally shit players who are not fit for the conference, according to some of you idiots

I give in - they all need shooting and we should start all over again, obviously

I agree with you and I'm sad to see people slating Morrison, Fryatt, Berner, Hobbs and so on, it's a question of team building (which I assume is your point) - Pearson built a team, and right now we have a mish-mash. What worries me is that we have a load of loan players which on paper should beat our last season's team, but they're unlikely to gel as it stands.

In a way, our worst ever teams have had the revolving door feel about them; McGhee January-May 1995, Taylor January-May 2001, Bassett (throughout), Adams 2003-2004, Levein (throughout), Kelly 2006-2007 and Holloway January-May 2008. We're in danger of going down that road again. And when that happens, even the best of players seem like god awful shite.

Generally agree with this, but think you may have been too generous to Morrison (the entirety of the back four were the problem today) and have not given Dyer enough credit (he should have scored his one on one, but it was actually saved - despite not being given a corner - and he was always an available, enthusiastic and generally compotent outlet).

We have better individuals than Millwall. Fact. Worringly, they wanted it way more than we did and we made it far too easy for them to score. Once they were two nil up, the whole composition of the match was changed.

Overall, it was a shit day out. And Gallagher remains a work-shy girl, with no desire, grit or mindset to compete in this league.
Only reason I gave Morrison a 6 is because he saved us twice in the first half when Hobbs should have dealt with it. He was doing the work of two men for half an hour.

I agree with you and I'm sad to see people slating Morrison, Fryatt, Berner, Hobbs and so on, it's a question of team building (which I assume is your point) - Pearson built a team, and right now we have a mish-mash. What worries me is that we have a load of loan players which on paper should beat our last season's team, but they're unlikely to gel as it stands.

In a way, our worst ever teams have had the revolving door feel about them; McGhee January-May 1995, Taylor January-May 2001, Bassett (throughout), Adams 2003-2004, Levein (throughout), Kelly 2006-2007 and Holloway January-May 2008. We're in danger of going down that road again. And when that happens, even the best of players seem like god awful shite.
Stephen Hughes.

That said, I still think we need something new in there. At least if we're going to insist on this unnecessarily slow-build-up football.

Then again, if I had my way we'd buy ourselves a 25-year-old Welshman from Huddersfield, go long ball, kick the shit out of everyone and go up via a play-off final in which we fielded a reserve side and cheated unashamedly.

Kirkland didn't do a lot wrong but his reactions to both goals were pre-historic. Weale had nothing to do.

Naughton, marking poor on the first goal but at least eager in the second half.
Hobbs/Morrison were dreadful first thirty and then hardly troubled. The second goal pretty much their fault acting like a couple of clowns.
Cunningham was very poor.

Oakley didn't do a lot wrong.
Wellens a lot of wasteful passing and King tbf looked our biggest threat but made a right cock up of an easy pull back in the first half.

Gallagher and Dyer, pair of them worked hard second half but both missed good, good chances.
Bednar, total waste of a shirt. Abysmal, in the Cort category of strikers.

Howard cocked up a great chance and was also a waste pretty much.
Vassell works hard but hardly created anything.

Very much the way I saw it, but couldn't be bothered to write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669