N Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
You pay to go in to see the match - you don't pay so that they can give you some of your money back in the shape of a free scarf.

In the 60s people were relatively a lot worse off than they are now, but everybody had a scarf!

and one of those noise rattles too which you spun around your head....

this debate is ridiculous

You pay to go in to see the match - you don't pay so that they can give you some of your money back in the shape of a free scarf.

In the 60s people were relatively a lot worse off than they are now, but everybody had a scarf!

But so that it is not them just giving them away if they let season ticket holders have one. They are making money from the sale of a season ticket and I doubt a product which will cost the club no more than £4 will eat away at the profits from that. Also if people can afford to go to watch a football match then they can definitely afford a scarf.

The reasoning behind my IDEA to give a scarf away was to promote the use of it in previously said manner, not because people cannot afford to buy the scarf.

My original idea stated that if/when MM comes into the club and he wants to get the fans on his side quickly, then one way in which that can be done is a promotion similar to this.

ST approx £300

Transport - Manchester to Leicester, £20 a match by train. Total approx £500

Where are you spending the other £700?

£30 a match on pies?

It was a estimate that I said, either way at £800 I would still be unable to afford to go to matches so there is no point to what you said other than an attempt at a cheap joke. How grown up of you.

But so that it is not them just giving them away if they let season ticket holders have one. They are making money from the sale of a season ticket and I doubt a product which will cost the club no more than £4 will eat away at the profits from that. Also if people can afford to go to watch a football match then they can definitely afford a scarf.

The reasoning behind my IDEA to give a scarf away was to promote the use of it in previously said manner, not because people cannot afford to buy the scarf.

My original idea stated that if/when MM comes into the club and he wants to get the fans on his side quickly, then one way in which that can be done is a promotion similar to this.

The flags worked well for the current mob, didn't they?

It was a estimate that I said, either way at £800 I would still be unable to afford to go to matches so there is no point to what you said other than an attempt at a cheap joke. How grown up of you.

It wasn't an attempt at a cheap joke, I was just trying to understand where you got the £1500 figure from. My feeling was that you'd just plucked a figure out of the air without thinking about it, obviously I was right.

14,000 sth at a fiver a throw, £70k, that's nearly half of a Joey

MM doesn't need to get the fans on his side, they're already there (well, most of them). The best way he can do that is to help build a winning team

14,000 sth at a fiver a throw, £70k, that's nearly half of a Joey

MM doesn't need to get the fans on his side, they're already there (well, most of them). The best way he can do that is to help build a winning team

And help build a winning team will cost less than £70k?

All it is, is an idea anyway and explained how it may work.

Anyway 70k would be a drop in the ocean for MM.

It wasn't an attempt at a cheap joke, I was just trying to understand where you got the £1500 figure from. My feeling was that you'd just plucked a figure out of the air without thinking about it, obviously I was right.

Well you ended it with one anyway!!

If I really worked it out then I suspect the figure would be nearer to £1.5k. The cost of travel to and from the station, a few drinks before/during the game, cost of going to any away games and a few other things would soon mount up to well over £1k. So the money saved by me not going to watch Leicester would be not to far short of that.

ST approx £300

Transport - Manchester to Leicester, £20 a match by train. Total approx £500

Where are you spending the other £700?

£30 a match on pies?

he took MHS's budget and halved it, seemed fair...

If I really worked it out then I suspect the figure would be nearer to £1.5k. The cost of travel to and from the station, a few drinks before/during the game, cost of going to any away games and a few other things would soon mount up to well over £1k. So the money saved by me not going to watch Leicester would be not to far short of that.

I'm sure you're right and the total cost would be more than the £800 I came up with (although that figure should include enough to get to/from the station). But you said the £1500 was for a season ticket and travel, no mention of away games, beer etc. So if you want me to stop being pedantic you should make make your posts clearer. :)

Same principle - different merchandise.

No different, flags is something for the kids.

As said before, everyone in the 60s/70s had a scarf so this would be encouraging you older supporters to try and recreate the old atmosphere as it is plain to see that all the older supporters are in completely against all this new wave atmosphere.

I'm sure you're right and the total cost would be more than the £800 I came up with (although that figure should include enough to get to/from the station). But you said the £1500 was for a season ticket and travel, no mention of away games, beer etc. So if you want me to stop being pedantic you should make make your posts clearer. :)

OK then, the cost of me attending all home games including all associated costs.

£800 would not be enough for a season ticket and travel home and to and from station.

£250 season ticket cost

£529 train fairs (23 home games = 23 return tickets priced at £23)

£92 bus fairs (1 bus to manchester station at £1, 1 bus to home from Leicester station at £1 doubled for there and back = £4 a game x 23 games)

Grand Total of £871

and none of that includes any associated costs!! ;) :icon_lol:

this forum gets weirder, i cannot believe that a scarf has created such a huge debate. anyway carry on dont mind me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669