Name a big signing that paid off for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian Walker.

We have only ever hadbig names on loan and even then they were big names that were past their best,surprising really for a big club.Mind Middlesborough are the same that Juninho and Ravinelli,nobodies they were.

Last edited:
Ormondroyd, Philpott and Blake were all record signings at the time of their purchase - as suggested by HF.

Incorrect Mr Statto, Ormondroyd and Gee were swapped for Kitson i seem to remember?

I can't remember if there was a wonga changed hands though?

Our history of signing big players is littered with some absolute disasters (or at the worst, terrible dissapointments) that were so called BIG signings.

Success for Leicester has always come from one or two home grown alongside the astute, frugal signings that we didn't know the value of until they'd fit in to the side: Parker, Draper, Franz Carr, Gee and Ormondroyd, Steve Thompson, Steve Agnew, Mark Blake, David Lowe, Iwan Roberts, Lee Philpott, Steve Claridge. MUZZ IZZET

ALL of these players with perhaps the exception of Draper (who was over a million) were signed at knock down prices and helped build a much stronger team rather than a collection of individuals.

That's why i'm more interested in signings like adjarevic, weale, nielsen and n'guessan than any of the better known names i've heard bandied about.
One or two of those kick starting a good career will make the difference in us getting back to success or not.

Does Kevin Campbell count?

What makes it a big signing? Money or name? If name then Dickov was quite a capture and worked out OK, first time around of course. Or Deane

Incorrect Mr Statto, Ormondroyd and Gee were swapped for Kitson i seem to remember?

But the value of Kitson was the equivalent of being a record signing when we signed those two clowns in exchange for him

I don't see how Lee Philpott made this thread. he was shit. My 2 year boy shows more trickery and abilty to beat a man when he is kicking a cushion twice his size.

how about Dickov and McAllister for good buy

while Mark Bright - big signing, glad to said good buy

They were swapped for Kitson - but notional values were put on each player; that which attached to Ormondroyd made him our most expensive signing up to that date.

Dickov, the 19th choice striker at Manchester City who we got for next to nothing?

And Mark Bright?!? Are you having a laugh?!?

But the value of Kitson was the equivalent of being a record signing when we signed those two clowns in exchange for him

Knowing our skill in the transfer market we probably gave them cash on top. I seem to remember 1.2 million (they gave us that is), is this correct?

Knowing our skill in the transfer market we probably gave them cash on top. I seem to remember 1.2 million (they gave us that is), is this correct?

Kitson's fee was £800,000 + Ormondroyd (£350,000) + Gee (£200,000)
Total of £1,350,000.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673