Name a big signing that paid off for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were swapped for Kitson - but notional values were put on each player; that which attached to Ormondroyd made him our most expensive signing up to that date.

Whooooops!

We had paid the same amount for Mike Newell almost five years earlier - but never more than Ormondroyd cost us.

They were swapped for Kitson - but notional values were put on each player; that which attached to Ormondroyd made him our most expensive signing up to that date.

Who put the value on Ormondroyd, Nick Leeson?

I got in a whole lot of bother regarding Ormondroyd, there was a game he played in where he was booed more loudly than usual, i rang the Leicester Mockery and said the manger should be booed for picking him and not the player.

They ran a quotes section at the back with the sport, mine was in there. 4 days later it was on the front of the same paper as quote of the week, my name is distinctive and i worked at the club. Got a royal bollocking off the the 2nd in comand at City at the time: Ian somebody or other, can't remember his name. Brian Little was none too pleased either!

Yes I am. Poor typing I am afraid.
In short - Dickov and McAllister great. Mark Bright as a replacement for Lineker, my arse - Good BYE, (ie. fack off). Thanks Blue Maniac for pointing that out.

Sir Les Ferdinand

Also paid about 3mil for Scowcroft and I think he was a good player for us.

Last edited:
I thought Kitson was valued at £1.3 million, we received around half that in cash, the rest being the value of Ormondroyd and Gee.

Kitson's fee was £800,000 + Ormondroyd (£350,000) + Gee (£200,000)
Total of £1,350,000.

A right royal joke that particular transfer. I can't remember a player so hot and cold as Gee or so cold as Ormondroyd.

How about Johan Cruyff ?

They sold a fair few tickets on the back of that made up nonsense, so that certainly paid off

Roger Davies. :043:

(Mind you, a legend at Club Bruges).

Fair play to Google as this post just six minutes old is already found under a Google search. :icon_bigg

Also paid about 3mil for Scowcroft and I think he was a good player for us.

Disagree, i think he was a very, very average player, and i certainly dont think he was worth anywhere near 3mil

Last edited:
Can't see these names already so SOOPA Stevie Claridge - 2 of the most recognisable goals in recent history £1.2m

Also Pontus Kamark was pretty big news at the time too.

Can't see these names already so SOOPA Stevie Claridge - 2 of the most recognisable goals in recent history £1.2m

Also Pontus Kamark was pretty big news at the time too.

When PK first played for us, i thought wtf as he come to Leicester for:102: he looked way too good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669