Name a big signing that paid off for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy Melrose - a record £ 250k signing. Thought he was a great player. Gordon Milne's decision to swap him for Tommy English has to be one of the worst blunders in LCFC history! English was utterly useless and failed to live up to the promise he showed at Coventry.

Not sure if you would class him as big name signing but as a European Cup Winner, Gary Mills was great for us and one of the few bright sparks in the dreary Pleat days.

Hoovering? I'll bet she hasn't even washed up the breakfast pots yet, too busy watching Jeremy Kyle

I watched Jeremy Kyle then washed up the breakfast pots... every time I see it I am amazed at the scum of humanity that he manages to find and put on national tv.

Oh and I have done the hoovering too ;)

Last edited:
I watched Jeremy Kyle then washed up the breakfast pots... every time I see it I am amazed at the scum of humanity that he manages to find and put on national tv.

Good woman yourself. Now whisht up and make us all a nice cup of tea, good girl.

Rob Ullathorne, Gary Mills.....the definition of big name isn't quite what I thought it was.

That Richie Wellens was expensive and hasn't put a foot wrong to date.

Quite like Jeremy Kyle Show,its that bad its god and I like when he shouts at them

I think that Jack Frogatt was the last 'big signing' that paid off - that would be in around 1954.

Since then, our big money signings have mainly ended in disappointment/ loss of money or both.

I think that Jack Frogatt was the last 'big signing' that paid off - that would be in around 1954.

Since then, our big money signings have mainly ended in disappointment/ loss of money or both.

You consider Matt Elliott a disappointment?

Also, anyone mentioned Draper, yet?

You consider Matt Elliott a disappointment?

No - he was good value, wasn't he.

I suppose that what I was thinking about was 'big name' signings. Elliott was practically unknown before he came to Leicester but obviously rated inside the game because he cost £1.6m from Oxford.

If we are going to be serious about the matter, then I suppose Tim Flowers is another example of a big name signing who gave value for money at Leicester and before that the likes of Lenny Glover. But most of the big name signings haven't been that successful. In the main we have done better with players 'hungry for success' e.g. Izzet, Lennon and Savage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunlaugsson was a big name. So was Ormondroyd.

Gee wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670