News of the World phone hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

I'd rather have ground glass mixed with Tabasco rammed up my penis than suffer sharing a glorified bath & sweatbox with a bunch of jumped-up arseholes.

Two body parts in one post - this is the thread which just keeps on giving.

What a sheltered life I have lived!
Are you sure the "luxury health spa" that offered these was respectable and not in Soho?
Is it possible to go for the option where all you get is a relaxing time and the occasional massage by a nice young lady?

As for the scandals carrying on it is worth remembering that Murdoch has masses of enemies here and in America. Murdochs political allies also have enemies who may be looking for points of attack.

American newspapers are normally far better than ours. One exception is the Murdoch owned New York Post. There must be people interested in how it got its stories. American politics seems more open to corruption than ours - the last two governors of Illinois are both in prison for separate crimes. There may be more there.

An Australian historian told me in the 1990s that Australian politics were the most corrupt in the industrial world. Whether that is still true I would not know but the 1990s was the very time when Murdoch was an Australian citizen and establishing his "media empire".

One last point is that for all the Murdoch empires boasts by far the most important pieces of investigative journalism in my lifetime have been the Watergate investigation by The Washington Post and the Parliamentary expenses scandal by the Daily Telegraph. It is perhaps no coincidence that these are the two newspapers with arguably the highest journalistic standards in their respective countries.

Mawsley

What a sheltered life I have lived!
Are you sure the "luxury health spa" that offered these was respectable and not in Soho?
Is it possible to go for the option where all you get is a relaxing time and the occasional massage by a nice young lady?

I fail to understand how paying to have an expensive bath followed by some bint rubbing mud into your flesh is in the remotest bit relaxing or invigorating.

If she uses a bottle of baby oil, a soft hand and a box of tissues I can get my head around it. To my mind it is nothing more than a way for people with money to be ostentatious.

"Look at me, I can afford to throw money away having stones put on my back even though there is no scientific basis for this treatment" they would say if they had half a brain. "Then I will have a seaweed wrap, again with **** all scientific evidence to support the mumbo jumbo practise."

I don't like health spas.

David Gwilliam

I'd rather have ground glass mixed with Tabasco rammed up my penis than suffer sharing a glorified bath & sweatbox with a bunch of jumped-up arseholes.

I don't like health spas.

Given the experience in yout first quote I am not surprised you don't like them.
I would go for a luxury health spa that included Lincolnshire sausages in the breakfast, lashings of cream on the afternoon scones and a good whisky in the evening.

Meanwhile in America the two of the most important newspapers New York Times and Washington Post both have Murdoch on the front page. This is important because this is where the majority of the NewsCorp shareholders are.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
for me i
t flashes something briefly that looks like the front page of The Sun then gives a 403 forbidden error whatever that is

The site it's been redirected to now has the 403 message.

It looks like maybe they're using some kind of load balancing system with the site on more than one server, so some people have been seeing the normal version of the site and some are seeing the hacked version.

Graz

The site it's been redirected to now has the 403 message.

It looks like maybe they're using some kind of load balancing system with the site on more than one server, so some people have been seeing the normal version of the site and some are seeing the hacked version.

Lulzsec said if you were seeing the old site it was because of it being stored in your cache.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for The Sun being hacked.... but these online hacking groups are surely as bad? So I don't really support them either.

The Sean Hoare death is surely too timely to be coincidental?

Last edited:

Real Sharapova

The Sean Hoare death is surely too timely to be coincidental?

As much as some would like to think so, I would guess not. He's been raddled with booze & drugs for years, not in the best of health recently according to reports. Body just gave out methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669