News of the World phone hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as some would like to think so, I would guess not. He's been raddled with booze & drugs for years, not in the best of health recently according to reports. Body just gave out methinks.

You may well be right. People often say "I don't believe in coincidence" but coincidences do happen.

However, it is significant because perception is important and people love conspiracies especially sudden deaths. This does not raise the news value here where it is already the top story but it does raise it in the United States where Murdoch is most vulnerable. (I am aware that the death of a man is far more than just "news value".)

One journalist described the scandal as the biggest for seventy five years by which they meant the abdication. The abdication had a bigger emotional impact on the country and divided people more. However, the two sides in the abdication including the foolish but often unfairly maligned Edward VIII behaved with integrity. The Profumo scandal of 1963 in which the Minister of War was found to have a mistress who was also the mistress of a top Russian spy was enjoyed by a public just entering the Permissive Society. This scandal has a much nastier set of villains plus a flame haired villainess.

The abdication and Profumo both led to movies. Who should play Rupert Murdoch?

You may well be right. People often say "I don't believe in coincidence" but coincidences do happen.

However, it is significant because perception is important and people love conspiracies especially sudden deaths. This does not raise the news value here where it is already the top story but it does raise it in the United States where Murdoch is most vulnerable. (I am aware that the death of a man is far more than just "news value".)

One journalist described the scandal as the biggest for seventy five years by which they meant the abdication. The abdication had a bigger emotional impact on the country and divided people more. However, the two sides in the abdication including the foolish but often unfairly maligned Edward VIII behaved with integrity. The Profumo scandal of 1963 in which the Minister of War was found to have a mistress who was also the mistress of a top Russian spy was enjoyed by a public just entering the Permissive Society. This scandal has a much nastier set of villains plus a flame haired villainess.

The abdication and Profumo both led to movies. Who should play Rupert Murdoch?

This guy :)

the-dark-knight-clown1.jpg

Just when the story should be the Murdoch's credibility being torn apart by MPs Tom Watson and Louise Mensch some fool comes along and makes the story the assault on an 80 year old man.

The number of times James Murdoch used the phrase "I have no knowlefge about that" was fascinating. It is understandable that he may have had no detailed knowledge of relevant events at the time before his appointment. It is not understandable that when those events became the biggest scandal in News International's history he has not asked for and got details. The phrase "wilful blindness" which had been used about the Enron scandal of 2001 was directed toward the Murdochs and seemed to me relevant to father and son.

The concept that not one person knew what was going on within the NOTW newsroom is laughable - and that this doesn't extend to other papers within the group is beyond belief.

Just when the story should be the Murdoch's credibility being torn apart by MPs Tom Watson and Louise Mensch some fool comes along and makes the story the assault on an 80 year old man.

How very English that the protester attacks with a custard pie and the retaliation is the wife slapping him.

Other countries would have had bombs, armed police, riots ensuing, rather than mutterings of "outrageous".

(Just how did someone with a can of shaving foam get past security though?)

I did think that as I was typing my post.:icon_wink

I know this sub-thread is being written in jest, but those who are concerned about Macky's disappearance may be heartened to know that he is posting at least occasionally elsewhere.

Jonnie Marbles. You literally could not even imagine how to begin making this stuff up.

I regard the Murdochs as very dangerous and never thought I would one but I thought the best bit was when Mrs Murdoch thumped the idiot.

These people with their pies are cowards. They know that they will not get prison for attacking with a pie. Apart from the fact that this time the victim was an 80 year old man they pick celebrities who they know cannot attack back. Well this one did not reckon with the wife. Well done Mrs M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669