Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Tokyo that day the PS2 was launched, that was great fun. All the Japs were going mental and shouting at each other

Really?
Was it like that with the xbox?

Not necessarily with the Xbox but in general with these Xmas items that are heavily restricted to create hype. All the stock that has been held back will be winging its way to stores now.

In a way it was the same with Xbox 360, first off you couldnt get one for anything then the next day the stores are awash with them. I bought one from Woolworths in Hinckley for fecks sake. I bet they have Wii's pre xmas.

Stores are getting regular stock but it is just a handful of units per store per shipment.

If you are in the right store at the right time, that does not need to complete pre-orders you could be lucky.

I did not get my 360 until the 6 Jan 06 (which i pre-ordered in September 05) so had to wait for the Xmas rush to get out of the way.

GAME's webpage has changed today which now says they are working with Nintendo on securing more stock as soon as possible.

Is this good or bad??!?!

If you manage to get one before next year I shall be surprised.. I would say your best bet would be to keep in contact with Game as I'd wager they get more Wii consoles in than anyone else in the UK. You could run around town on Saturday like a mad man checking everywhere..? :102:

I'd say it's well worth getting one anyway..

I read though the other day that unfortunately Metroid Prime 3 might be delayed :icon_frow

i remember working last christmas ( i got my 360-a preorder someone didn't pick up within the first 48 hours :icon_bigg ) we got the original lot in then about 20 more before christmas-dunno what the wii supply is like compared to the 360 though

That's a bit cynical Webbo, I'm sure they don't actually do that.

The problem in some cases is that the staff at the shop get to know as soon as they arrive, so they buy them without them ever going on sale to the public and sell for a profit on ebay.

Half the time they never whats in stock and what isnt.

My advice to people (for whats its worth) is to look in stores where others may not. I got my 360 fom Woolworths for instnace.

Just been into Woolies in the Haymarket, they have them in stock

Last edited:
Good old GAME!
Picked up my Wii and Zelda, COD3 & Wii Play!
Can't play it till christmas though!! :(
They had six in today, I got the last one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670