Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
They're now saying the gunman killed at least 80 people.

The gunman was an ethnic Norwegian, nothing to do with Islamic terrorism. Named as Anders Behring Breivik.

I was looking at his Facebook page earlier, there was nothing there to suggest he was planning something like this. Lots of music videos posted last weekend and some photos of him but nothing since. No friends. It's now been deleted.
He also has a twitter account - his only tweet: "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests.".

The gunman was an ethnic Norwegian, nothing to do with Islamic terrorism. Named as Anders Behring Breivik.

I was looking at his Facebook page earlier, there was nothing there to suggest he was planning something like this. Lots of music videos posted last weekend and some photos of him but nothing since. No friends. It's now been deleted.
He also has a twitter account - his only tweet: "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests.".

Apparently somebody fitting his description was seen near the bomb sites. A 6ft blonde guy in Norway must stick out like a sore thumb.

The gunman is also being held responsible for the bombing.

Apparently somebody fitting his description was seen near the bomb sites. A 6ft blonde guy in Norway must stick out like a sore thumb.

He was also wearing the same false(?) police uniform as the gunman.

According to news over here today, he has nationalistic views and has expressed strong anti-islamistic views on several forums.

The whole nation is in a state of shock

Last edited:
Heard anything about a motive, Blaarev? Apparently he was anti-islamic.

Posted too late. Sweden is shocked too, this is obviously so much worse than the scare we had last year.

Last edited:
Heard anything about a motive, Blaarev? Apparently he was anti-islamic.

The police is very careful not to give any premature information, but it seems like he wanted to hit the government, and epecially the norwegian labour party, for their, in his eyes, liberal attitude to immigration

Latest numbers are 84 shot to death at Labour youth camp, 7 killed in bomb explosion in Oslo

Fair point, but why diminish one tragedy by comparing it to another?

How did I diminish it?

Pretty sure I agreed with you and went on to pass comment about other event around the world which are more horrific but no one cares about because the people involved aren't white.

Because then he doesn't have to feel bad for either of them. Oldest trick in the world.

I don't have to feel bad for them because I don't know them, don't live near them and know no one who does. I don't have to feel bad for them because I chose to look at things with perspective rather than knee-jerk emotive responses.

I agreed with the opinion that it is a sad event.

Apologies if you required the whole of Europe to don sackcloth.

How did I diminish it?

Pretty sure I agreed with you and went on to pass comment about other event around the world which are more horrific but no one cares about because the people involved aren't white.

And I agreed that you had a fair point.

Maybe I'm a little touchy today, but I found an underlaying (probably non-existing) suggestion that this incident isn't that bad when you compare it to other events. I believe that you don't mean that but it just felt it a little out of place to compare these tradegies.

Last edited:
I don't have to feel bad for them because I don't know them, don't live near them and know no one who does. I don't have to feel bad for them because I chose to look at things with perspective rather than knee-jerk emotive responses.

I agreed with the opinion that it is a sad event.

Apologies if you required the whole of Europe to don sackcloth.

Why do these events always bring out the worst in some people, I have enjoyed your wit for some time but feel you're wide of the mark here.

I appreciate you don't feel the need to don black and weep, but do you not think a bit of respectful silence would be more apt than baiting two people who may actually have been affected by this tradegy.

Why do these events always bring out the worst in some people, I have enjoyed your wit for some time but feel you're wide of the mark here.

I appreciate you don't feel the need to don black and weep, but do you not think a bit of respectful silence would be more apt than baiting two people who may actually have been affected by this tradegy.

Would you care to show us where he was baiting anybody? He offered a (valid) point that there are equally upsetting events elsewhere in the world that we pay little or no attention to. He didn't at any point question the distressing nature of this particular event.

Would you care to show us where he was baiting anybody? He offered a (valid) point that there are equally upsetting events elsewhere in the world that we pay little or no attention to. He didn't at any point question the distressing nature of this particular event.

I agree that the point he made was valid, I disagree with the timing and using it one tradegy as a top trump to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566