Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not convinced that Pearson is staying, too many rumours confirmed by too many different people that he was a goner, also the lack of a statement from the club, just reading through the Rob Tanner piece in the merc and there is no confirmation it is purely conjecture and now there is further confirmation on Bentleys Roof that the only reason he has not been confirmed as sacked is due to a technicality.

I think he has gone but the gossip has already got into the public domain without the club being able to complete the formalities. I expect the story to break with the media sometime over the weekend or Monday morning.

Absolutely guarantee you he will still be here next season. Or I won't post again. not that I do much now but you know in case I need train help again.

Best news in ages.

Now, are you winding us up? :icon_bigg I agree that Tanner does not have any direct quotes from the board but he certainly expends a considerable amount of his journalistic credibility, "Nigel Pearson WILL be staying" and I suspect that ,"the Mercury understands..", is shorthand for, "the board said, but would not be quoted on...."

I think that Pearsonophiles can relax, whilst I go and sulk in the corner for a bit! :089: :081:

:081:

Of course he's staying. Just in case there is any doubt John Percy, who is normally reliable, has tweeted this morning that Pearson met with the board yesterday and was assured that he will remain in charge. We should just treat this as an opportunity to see what could have been had he not departed three years ago.

There are positives to him staying. He obviously has a plan to build a young squad on (relatively) low wages and they showed at the front end of last season that they are capable of winning games and entertaining us as they do it. I'm quite pleased now that Pearson will have the opportunity to finish what he has started. Next season year is the last on his contract so he might as well get the season unless we do particularly poorly.

Still not convinced that Pearson is staying, too many rumours confirmed by too many different people that he was a goner, also the lack of a statement from the club, just reading through the Rob Tanner piece in the merc and there is no confirmation it is purely conjecture and now there is further confirmation on Bentleys Roof that the only reason he has not been confirmed as sacked is due to a technicality.

I think he has gone but the gossip has already got into the public domain without the club being able to complete the formalities. I expect the story to break with the media sometime over the weekend or Monday morning.

Journalists don't need quotes to back up their stories, there seems to be a bit of a misconception where that is concerned. If their sources are good - and presumably somebody like Tanner's are - then we should have no reason to doubt what he writes.

And, as LeCovFox says, if Percy has spoken that is usually pretty definitive.

I don't live near Leicester and I don't want Pearson to go!

For what it's worth, same here. I know he's not Alex Ferguson but I can't see any of the likely candidates being a step up. And as Boc says, he should get the chance to capitalise on a promising season unlike 3 years ago. The upheaval would set us back further in my opinion.

The run from Feb to April was truly horrendous and clearly something went badly wrong, but he sorted it out for last 6 matches.

Anyway that's where I stand. I'll go back to the cricket forum now. Still can't really face much football talk since last Sunday :-(

in the absence of the availability of a much better option, i guess we have to stick with pearson. however, we cannot get away from the fact that it took him far too long to stop the rot post jan. if that 15 game form streak was repeated, the board would have no option but to get rid. what we also cannot have is a manager that wont speak to the local radio station. that has to be sorted.

...what we also cannot have is a manager that wont speak to the local radio station. that has to be sorted.

I wonder if "the local radio station" could be blamed for this.

Pearson speaks to 442, he's just doesnt talk to Stringer.

Stringer even said post Watford game phone in that NP talks to everyone else except IS.
Maybe therein lies the problem, take a look in the mirror Mr Stringer!

in what way?

it his job to speak to the media, if he doesnt want diffilcult questions then he shouldnt lose games.

what made him stop talking to them?

it's not the difficult questions, it's the downright idiotic questions that IS seems to excell in.

I think he will stay and i think that is the right thing to to do , for now. He has done enough to have another pre season and he has balanced the books or will do with getting the big earners off the books with FFP coming in. In relation to Hull this is what he did there and to a certain extent he has paved the way for Steve Bruce. I hope, if he stays he will be given the first half of the season, if he doesn't move us forward any further on the pitch i would expect us to be in a position where a new incumbent can take us over the line. Sustainability is the name of the game and i feel he has the credentials to do what is needed, even if he does not see the job through.

U
I think he will stay and i think that is the right thing to to do , for now. He has done enough to have another pre season and he has balanced the books or will do with getting the big earners off the books with FFP coming in. In relation to Hull this is what he did there and to a certain extent he has paved the way for Steve Bruce. I hope, if he stays he will be given the first half of the season, if he doesn't move us forward any further on the pitch i would expect us to be in a position where a new incumbent can take us over the line. Sustainability is the name of the game and i feel he has the credentials to do what is needed, even if he does not see the job through.

I said it last season and I'll say it for next season, the manager that starts preseason should be the manager on the last day of the season, most mid season changes don't work.

I have a serious question:

Why does Nigel Pearson have this aura of controversy about him? I have known popular and unpopular Leicester managers, but never one that has split the fans in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669