Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

give_us_a_wave

It won't take much trying to prove it. He was offered a new contract, so it would have been renewed. Fact.

The fact he was offered one is probably the most bizarre part of the whole sorry tale (& that's saying something!) Hopper & Smith were both picked up almost instantly but this waste of space wasn't as the whole of football knows he's bloody useless.Nige needs to cut the apron strings & let Little Jimmy find his niche in life.It certainly isn't going to be football.

David Gwilliam

Pastor Martin Niemoller has a poem for people like you David.

A poem is not necessary. I am sure that London Fox will agree that a simple "Thank you" will suffice.

On a more serious note I am sure I read somewhere that just before the "shock" sacking the odds on Pearson being sacked shortened dramatically. Did anyone else see this and if so what do people make of it. Was there a leak from the meeting?

Lako42

Its utterly disgusting that this parasite was able to piggy back off his dads involvement with the club.

Pearson should be ashamed, its no worse ghan the dodgy dealings of agents.

camberwell fox

A poem is not necessary. I am sure that London Fox will agree that a simple "Thank you" will suffice.

On a more serious note I am sure I read somewhere that just before the "shock" sacking the odds on Pearson being sacked shortened dramatically. Did anyone else see this and if so what do people make of it. Was there a leak from the meeting?

Yes I remember seeing that NP was favourite to be the first manager in the premier league to get the sack this season.

fox58

NP's suddenly became favourite to be the next managerial causality, being 1/10 within the hour it was announced he'd gone . I saw the odds but didn't think for a minute it warranted starting a new thread, i posted a link in the brucie v ostrich thread. How wrong can you be.

Volpone

I'm mystified as to how the passage you've quoted makes that clear.

It wasn't much of a mystery to the Leicester Mercury either. His defence of his son is indefensible. What a knob!

'The reason for the sacking is believed to be Pearson's defence of his son, James, following the scandal over the three development squad players who filmed themselves in an orgy with Thai girls while on a goodwill tour of the club's owners' homeland.'

Brown Nose

It wasn't much of a mystery to the Leicester Mercury either. His defence of his son is indefensible. What a knob!

'The reason for the sacking is believed to be Pearson's defence of his son, James, following the scandal over the three development squad players who filmed themselves in an orgy with Thai girls while on a goodwill tour of the club's owners' homeland.'

I understand why NP has taken the stand that he has. If you look at the situation in context, it isn't really a surprise.

NP is from the 'old school' footballing tradition. He is supportive of his players and staff being of that culture. After all, he learnt all about footballers social cohesion from that serial piss-head Bryan Robson.

Whilst the three (or four) members of the squad were in that hotel bedroom, pretty much everyone else, NP included, were downstairs drinking Bangkok dry on an all night session. NP turned that trip into an end of season party. And so it is difficult for him to detach himself from a consequence of this decision.

The owners wanted the squad to turn up, be seen and photographed with people and get some positive publicity. NP took some first teamers and a bunch of staff and U21 players over there for an end of season piss up.

When there is some fall out from this, and goodness only knows what else wasn't filmed and shared, he cannot detach himself from it. Maybe James Pearson said to his father, 'It's all well and good me getting the can for this, but you were the one that told us to get wankered, let our hair down and enjoy ourselves. What about what x, y, z got up to? Etc, etc, etc.'

Maybe if NP condemned the actions of the three players that were dismissed, he knew he'd lose a lot of respect from a lot of people that knew what that trip was really all about. So, maybe it isn't just a father going out on a limb for his son.

Whilst we're forced into speculation and inference because of our lack of a full understanding, this would make the position of NP easier to understand and see why there has been silence from him since it happened and why it has resulted in his dismissal.

Redditch Fox

Pearson was second favourite PL manager to go at odds around 3-1 days before the news broke.

I assumed at the time that the Thai 'orgy' fall-out was proving difficult to resolve. Given NP's loyalties and personality it all appears inevitable in retrospect.

Pearson has proven that he has very strong plusses as a manager- but I can't imagine that he is much into modifying his position on big issues.

I also agree with BN that the purpose of the Thailand trip doesn't seem to have been understood by the participants.

Matt_B

I understand why NP has taken the stand that he has. If you look at the situation in context, it isn't really a surprise.

NP is from the 'old school' footballing tradition. He is supportive of his players and staff being of that culture. After all, he learnt all about footballers social cohesion from that serial piss-head Bryan Robson.

Whilst the three (or four) members of the squad were in that hotel bedroom, pretty much everyone else, NP included, were downstairs drinking Bangkok dry on an all night session. NP turned that trip into an end of season party. And so it is difficult for him to detach himself from a consequence of this decision.

The owners wanted the squad to turn up, be seen and photographed with people and get some positive publicity. NP took some first teamers and a bunch of staff and U21 players over there for an end of season piss up.

When there is some fall out from this, and goodness only knows what else wasn't filmed and shared, he cannot detach himself from it. Maybe James Pearson said to his father, 'It's all well and good me getting the can for this, but you were the one that told us to get wankered, let our hair down and enjoy ourselves. What about what x, y, z got up to? Etc, etc, etc.'

Maybe if NP condemned the actions of the three players that were dismissed, he knew he'd lose a lot of respect from a lot of people that knew what that trip was really all about. So, maybe it isn't just a father going out on a limb for his son.

Whilst we're forced into speculation and inference because of our lack of a full understanding, this would make the position of NP easier to understand and see why there has been silence from him since it happened and why it has resulted in his dismissal.
Is there any evidence, any at all, that any of that is true?

pork pie fox

No, but that doesn't mean it's untrue

I've just been talking to someone who suggests elements of what BN posted are true, and more so beyond that. There's a lot of stuff flying around at the moment and whether the truth ever materialises is doubtful. The problem is, until it does, it just further fuels the speculation.

David Gwilliam

Thank you. You have asked exactly the right question. Matt you should have been a historian.

Amidst all the pseudish posts about neo-con/liberalism, zeitgeists and long dead German pastors this is the voice of sanity.

OldGit

No more than any of the other assertions in the thread. Rumour and speculation however soon become established fact, particularly if some in the media fuel it.

I am reminded of when Gordon Brown became prime minister. Some hack speculated that he might call an early election. This became a matter of wide discussion and speculation over the next weeks as if it were fact. Eventually he made a statement saying he had no such intention. The next headline read "Brown cancels election".

What is being postulated by some of the media and many on here, sometimes in minute dstail, may or may not be wholly or partly true. It's a game that keeps people happy.

SwedeFox

If they don't want speculation, set the record straight. I actually think BN's thoughts sound plausible.

TornadoShaunUK

All I have to say about this now is that James Pearson is a ****ing knobhead. Hope he winds up in the dole queue...

His dad has practically forged him a highly coveted, well-paid career with a big club much better than his ability level and not only has he thrown it back in his face but has taken his dad down with him. Loser. I expect Nigel has stuck up for his son and that's what has led to this. Some parents just need to chuck their offspring in at the deep-end and say 'your mess, you deal with it'..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669