Pearson Sacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb5000

No more than any of the other assertions in the thread. Rumour and speculation however soon become established fact, particularly if some in the media fuel it.

I am reminded of when Gordon Brown became prime minister. Some hack speculated that he might call an early election. This became a matter of wide discussion and speculation over the next weeks as if it were fact. Eventually he made a statement saying he had no such intention. The next headline read "Brown cancels election".

What is being postulated by some of the media and many on here, sometimes in minute dstail, may or may not be wholly or partly true. It's a game that keeps people happy.

I can assure you that all three major parties, Labour included, were preparing for a general election in 2007. I bet there's a lot of people who wish Brown hadn't bottled it now. I dare say there's plenty of evidence online if you want to look for it, although if I've understood historical terms correctly (I wouldn't give me evens) - I'm a primary witness, having been party to some of those preparations.

Lako42

Down with this sort of thing
I can assure you that all three major parties, Labour included, were preparing for a general election in 2007. I bet there's a lot of people who wish Brown hadn't bottled it now. I dare say there's plenty of evidence online if you want to look for it, although if I've understood historical terms correctly (I wouldn't give me evens) - I'm a primary witness, having been party to some of those preparations.

OldGit

Me too, though there was never actually a plan or intention in place to be cancelled. But that's not the point I was making. I was using it as an illustration of how speculation based on very little can take on a life of it's own and become established "fact".

jb5000

The fact is that printing companies up and down the land had to trash plates that had been prepared for leaflets.

Chrysalis

I been thinking.

I am sure footballers do all sorts of things that are considered naughty but the public never find out about them, how did this video manage to get into the eyes of the public?

Is it possible the media put effort into finding something to affect the club after been annoyed with pearson's rants?

Or am I just been paranoid?

Lako42

I think you are underestimating the utter stupidity and lack of braincells from the players involved, to do what they did and then share the video shows an outrageous lack of awareness.

No hunting required from the media

Mike - True Blue Tinter

It amazes me how many fans believe that all players share the pride and ethos that they do as fans for our club.

'I would give my right leg to play for City', etc.

These lads did not need awareness, because they did not give a toss. Maybe 3 + Nigel sackings will be a wake-up call to the younger players that just because they are paid stupid amounts of money before they have proved themselves, does not they can just do as they please.

If you hear interviews with players such as Terry and Giggs, they were proud to clean the boots of their heroes as part of their learning when young at their clubs.

I think the owners will want to recruit more senior, experienced players, that are far less likely to embarrass the club.

That is why we could see Cambiasso here, but never Balotelli!

Matt_B

It amazes me how many fans believe that all players share the pride and ethos that they do as fans for our club.

'I would give my right leg to play for City', etc.

These lads did not need awareness, because they did not give a toss. Maybe 3 + Nigel sackings will be a wake-up call to the younger players that just because they are paid stupid amounts of money before they have proved themselves, does not they can just do as they please.

If you hear interviews with players such as Terry and Giggs, they were proud to clean the boots of their heroes as part of their learning when young at their clubs.

I think the owners will want to recruit more senior, experienced players, that are far less likely to embarrass the club.

That is why we could see Cambiasso here, but never Balotelli!
Yup, Terry and Giggs turned out to be upstanding members of society.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

As I remember their wayward indiscretions happened late in their careers, not when they were 18.

They most certainly were not on thousands a week when they were 18, with the attitude of 'I have got money so I can do what I like'.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Volpone

Mirror claiming 'perspective' difference with owners was Pearson Snr defending his sons behaviour as 'his only crime was letting the video get public' and 'he did not use racist language on the film so he should not be sacked'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/leicester-city-boss-sacked-after-6003978?

So this is the You are only speeding and breaking the law if you are caught on a camera defence?

Simply unbelievable. Pearson has gone so far down in my estimation that he's now less than zero. Thank God he's gone. I'm so ashamed he was ever associated with our club. Forget about him.

Lako42

What a complete mind fart from Pearson, seems his principles and strong morals are a falacy.

The fact he got away with hiring his shit son in the first place makes me glad they have both gone, the corupt nature of it really leaves a sour taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669