Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not overly keen on Lennon.

Yes, he was a great player for us, but his team's seem so dour and his record is hardly insprining. When you see some of the signings he made for Bolton - a 37 year-old Eider Gudjonsson and a 36 year-old Emile Heakey, he doesn't strike me as the kind of manager who'd build young exciting sides over the long-term like Pearson did.

If he wasn't Neil Lennon and wasn't a great player for us but had the same record, I think he'd be well down the list of candidates.

Yes, totally agree with that.

Rightly or wrongly I also discount his achievements in Scotland give the poor quality of the teams and fact he had a lot of money to spend.

He's done OK at Bolton. At least steady a sinking ship. But hardly set the world alite.

Lennon would be an abysmal appointment. His only managerial achievements have been at Celtic, and I think any of us could have won what he did up there. Ok, he joined Bolton who were in a real slump, but he's not exactly been pulling up trees there. There is also the factor of ex club legend taking the reigns. This nearly always never works out, so on that basis alone, we should stay clear.

Eddie Howe is a decent option, however he's in a win-win situation IMO at Bournemouth. Even if they get relegated he'll be classed as an hero. Coming here would tarnish his image if he failed. He left Bournemouth once to take the step up, and it didn't quite work out at Burnley. Left for 'personal reasons' which were based around him struggling to relocate away from the south coast area IIRC.

There isn't anyone that stands out for me, certainly on the list we've currently got. Aitor Karanka would be worthy of a shout IMO, but will be come with risks as I guess any other appointment would.

Neil Lennon.... Pah. Nah. Not convinced. I want Klopp. Klopp.....Klopp. Moyes or Hiddink. Want. Want. Want.

An interesting read on Lennon at Celtic, it's long but skip to the management part for obvious reasons.

I was seriously underwhelmed before reading this, now I would be devastated if we swapped someone as thorough as Pearson for a tactical lightweight like Lennon.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Lennon,+Neil

Neil Lennon.... Pah. Nah. Not convinced. I want Klopp. Klopp.....Klopp. Moyes or Hiddink. Want. Want. Want.
Klopp turned down Liverpool allegedly.He obviously knew a chance with a massive club was just around the corner.

I can hear, just, the whimper of mediocrity Championship nonsense... Actually, I smell it.

This is still pissing me off. Twats. What a ****ing club. If I could be 10 again I'd pick a decent team instead, say no to drugs and never get into New Romanticism.

An absolute feckin' disaster, in my opinion, borne out of a collection of idiots who have no idea how to make a footballing decision, and advised by utter feckwits like Birchenall

The mongies will be appeased, for a while at least

It's bound to be Championship standard garbage, there are no other options.

It doesn't really matter how ambitious the owners are, a manager of any real worth won't be taking a risk as big as us.

I'm afraid pre-season is looking a tad farcical

Can't believe Gary Rowett doesn't appear to be in the running. Did a great job at Birmingham last year.

Although he is likely the kind of man we will get, it's really quite ridiculous that he would be even thought of for a Premier League club with as much going for it as us.

Seems to me that we are quick to have a go at the owners but that that ****ing moron, James Pearson, is to blame. The owners, at least as far as I'm concerned, have done exactly the right thing. The longevity of the club starts, and ends, with financial backing, and lots of it.

We need somebody who is going to command the respect of the players. Like the fans they will be shocked at what has happened and (if the team spirit was truly that strong) will be angry that NP has been sacked - whatever the reasons.

Unless it is an experienced Premier League Manager or a 'big name' I really think we will struggle and wouldn't be surprised to see an exodus of players.

Whoever we bring in they wont have the same relationship with these players that Nigel had, naturally.

It's going to take a massive character or someone with renowned expertise who demands respect regardless of style.

We wont get either is my guess.

Although it shouldn't be the case, my guess is there are a fair few players who are mentally not where they need to be because of this, I guarantee some will not be the same.

Weirdly, I felt much more optimistic when Paulo Sousa and Sven were being appointed.

The current list of names are all horrifically bad, and I can only see one outcome at present for the end of this season.

I'll also bet that whoever it is doesn't last past Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566