Read the Sunday Mirror today lads and lasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly melts. But what he is doing with no money is to be applauded IMO, yesterday I saw in McAulay and Logan two great players for LCFC and he has to take credit for those two playing. He also moved Kismybum to CB last season and for my money he's the best we have; however he also paid for Kenton and has bought in Welsh and both I'm not too sure about.
Levien moved him there at Plymouth.

It could also be that Stowell is the motivator, he's the one involved in all the fights and jumping up and down on the touch line. In which case, Kelly brings nowt to the table

Kelly brought Johnson, Kenton, Welsh and Low here. If MM comes in and we want promotion, Kelly should be moved back to a coaching position, and a high profile, experienced manager in his place.

sunday mirror :icon_roll ffs guys and girls have word with yourselves:icon_roll

Kelly brought Johnson, Kenton, Welsh and Low here. If MM comes in and we want promotion, Kelly should be moved back to a coaching position, and a high profile, experienced manager in his place.

Kelly also had no money to spend! Give the man a break. He had a tremendous end to last season and we are now unbeaten in 7.

Come on people, we can't keep changing managers. I am also tired of reading that Kelly needs to prove himself. In what sense is that true?!?! He has more than proved himself by saving us from dropping off the face of the earth last season...

IMO the man should have a great fu**ing statue built in his honour.

Stick with him, he has pride, passion, integrity and with some money has every chance of being a premier league manager. Hell even the much beloved Martin O'neill wanted him on his staff...this man will make us proud we just need to staick with it.

Remember a couple of months ago though, the way we slumped to defeat against Hull, Luton and Burnley without hint of optimism or fight. What if we stick with Kelly and our run ends now? I can see us dropping back to that position.

I am not saying change just for the sake of it. We should change IF MM brings in someone like Pardew or Curbishley, someone with loads of experience and the ability to change a Championship team into a stable Premiership club.

No point in saying 'move him back into coaching' to make ourselves feel better, now Kelly has had a taste of management he's not going to go backwards, especially with an ok record. If MM decides he's not the one to manage the club, then Kelly is going to leave.

He has more than proved himself by saving us from dropping off the face of the earth last season...

IMO the man should have a great fu**ing statue built in his honour.
When will people realise that Kelly didn't save us last season, Levein leaving saved us, he was a negative influence that was removed. We would have been saved even if were managerless for the remainder of last season

Last edited:
sunday mirror :icon_roll ffs guys and girls have word with yourselves:icon_roll

Might as well have read it on footballrumours.com - or read it in a post from Cainy :icon_roll

When will people realise that Kelly didn't save us last season, Levein leaving saved us, he was a negative influence that was removed. We would have been saved even if were managerless for the remainder of last season

In your opinion, just as I have mine. Neitherof us can conclusively prove that, however we can go on what the players said...which was that they respected Kelly, they wanted to play for him, and he also removed the confusion from the tactical side of their preparations.

He had the helm at the time mate, so whether you'd like to admit it or not, he deserves the credit. It is no small task restoring belief in a side void of confidence.

Why people can't see that is what baffles me

By the way I'm not getting at you Melts, it just annoys me that some folk percieve Kelly to not be a 'proper' manager.

He has made a believer out of me.

By the way I'm not getting at you Melts, it just annoys me that some folk percieve Kelly to not be a 'proper' manager.

He has made a believer out of me.
He is a proper manager, and he will be a very good one at that. For the minute, I haven't seen any signs of greatness though.

He is like Richard Stearman, highly valued and well respected but I'll be fecked if I know why other than unrealized potential.

If Rob Kelly was manager for another club, we wouldn't even register his existance

Kelly has done a good job over the last few months and over the last few games my faith in the team has been restored with there effort and never say die attitude, also if this newspaper report about MM is true then the last few game especialy the one against villa would definetly of caught his eye and maybe even increased his interest a little.

1. The only thing you can believe in a newspaper is the price.
2. If there is any fact behind this story then it needs to come out soon because takeover speculation is never good for a club.
3. I still want to know why this Portsmouth fan suddenly wants to take over LCFC. Has he walked the road to Damascus and seen the light or is this just a business deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669