Relegation?

Do you think we're going down?

• Yes

Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters

Biggest concern I have for this club going forward is the worry that Top and Co. weren’t asleep at the wheel but actually drank the BR Koolaid even when it turned sour. There’s nothing to stop this cycle being repeated ad nauseam based on either their total incompetence and /or naivety. I simply don’t trust the current leadership team to know the difference between a charlatan and a decent gaffer. Don’t think they have a scooby and this can’t / won’t change unless Top suddenly recognizes his own limitations (he hasn’t yet) or we hit the proverbial lottery by sheer fluke. Not currently liking our chances now or into the future.

Can't imagine Pea Son would want the job. I've no idea what level of manager we'll be aiming for but it can't be the interim bellend.

Biggest concern I have for this club going forward is the worry that Top and Co. weren’t asleep at the wheel but actually drank the BR Koolaid even when it turned sour. There’s nothing to stop this cycle being repeated ad nauseam based on either their total incompetence and /or naivety. I simply don’t trust the current leadership team to know the difference between a charlatan and a decent gaffer. Don’t think they have a scooby and this can’t / won’t change unless Top suddenly recognizes his own limitations (he hasn’t yet) or we hit the proverbial lottery by sheer fluke. Not currently liking our chances now or into the future.
Hence why Pearson might not be as bad an appointment as some think.

Genuine question - what in Pearson's post Leicester managerial record suggests that he might be the right manage us next season?

Yep. He also almost got a squad containing 8 of 11 title winners relegated in 14/15.
14th place, 6 points above relegation zone. With Paul Konchesky as left back.

Genuine question - what in Pearson's post Leicester managerial record suggests that he might be the right manage us next season?
I’m more interested in his Leicester managerial record to be honest

I’m more interested in his Leicester managerial record to be honest
So what he did almost 10 years ago is more important/relevant than what he’s done recently?

I ask you again, why in 2023 would he be a good choice as our manager?

So what he did almost 10 years ago is more important/relevant than what he’s done recently?

I ask you again, why in 2023 would he be a good choice as our manager?
He and this club have a special formula. **** the rest of the clubs.

But here are a couple more reasons for you to add to the others

1) we were never embarrassed by a team when he was here
2) we looked well organised
3) players actually played like they gave a shit
4) who else are we going to attract to this horrifically run club?
5) he was part of a couple of major rebuilding efforts at this club, and was very successful. A major rebuild will be needed when we go down.

Get the band back together and get them to repeat what they did the last time when they came to sort Sven’s mess out.

I’m not saying he is the best option, he clearly isn’t. but I’m also terrified of what Top and Co might choose. It could be a lot, lot worse….Nathan Jones is available….as an example…and they’ve got previous on narcissists.

The Pearson talk is ridiculous. And as crazy as getting MON back 10 years ago would have been.

Let's take a step back - what worked so well in the 2014 to 2020 era was having a clear structure in place that was irrespective of who the manager was. It's why Claudio didn't need to change anything when he joined, and why we were successful despite mediocre managers coming and going.

Like many clubs now (Brentford, Brighton), we had a structure built around scouting for key gaps in the squad, and playing to those strengths. The Manager then fits into that; not the other way around.

Since Vichai's death, that structure has slowly crumbled away, and we're back to being dependent on a Manager alone to lead us. So our success hangs in the balance of one person.

The Pearson talk is ridiculous. And as crazy as getting MON back 10 years ago would have been.

Let's take a step back - what worked so well in the 2014 to 2020 era was having a clear structure in place that was irrespective of who the manager was. It's why Claudio didn't need to change anything when he joined, and why we were successful despite mediocre managers coming and going.

Like many clubs now (Brentford, Brighton), we had a structure built around scouting for key gaps in the squad, and playing to those strengths. The Manager then fits into that; not the other way around.

Since Vichai's death, that structure has slowly crumbled away, and we're back to being dependent on a Manager alone to lead us. So our success hangs in the balance of one person.
Is it not worth us putting that structure back in place?

So many of our fans blame Brendan for this, but I think there are so many at this club at fault for this.

It's also hard to know for sure who blame for different parts of it, because the manager doesn't control all parts of the club and transfer policy etc

For example, the decision to let Kasper go and not replace him is IMO one of the most deciding factors in how shit we've been this season. Rodgers likely sanctioned the decision for him to go, but I'm almost certain he would've done so in the expectation he could bring in a replacement.

We've also got into a huge mess with contracts which I doubt is the manager's responsibility either.

It was right to let Kasper go, it’s just even that was protracted out too long for us to get a worthy replacement in , but trouble had been brewing long before then .

I was thinking similar to that yesterday but then I remembered watching Danny Ward and Daniel Amartey play about 30 games each this season!

You're right though in that it is no 1 persons fault we are going down.

It's just been an epic failure from pretty much every one associated with the first team squad.

And you could probably chuck the u18s, U21/23s and the women's team in too as they have all been complete shite this year.

Even the medical and fitness side has been a complete disaster for 2-3yrs now.

It's just been a show of spectacular complacency from everyone involved in the club.

The best platform for long term success (top half pl) the club could have ever wished for has been completely pissed up the wall because we thought we were one of the big boys already and it couldn't happen to us.

So many of our fans blame Brendan for this, but I think there are so many at this club at fault for this.

It's also hard to know for sure who blame for different parts of it, because the manager doesn't control all parts of the club and transfer policy etc

For example, the decision to let Kasper go and not replace him is IMO one of the most deciding factors in how shit we've been this season. Rodgers likely sanctioned the decision for him to go, but I'm almost certain he would've done so in the expectation he could bring in a replacement.

We've also got into a huge mess with contracts which I doubt is the manager's responsibility either.
I agree, you name it, we’ve done it badly for the last two years.

Fitness, recruitment, contracts, developing youth…. We rinsed Chelsea for Fofana but then went and spent what little money we could on Wout Faes.

Too much power was devolved to Rodgers but he was no longer incentivised with help from above so the whole thing has become a ****ing train crash.

For this many things to go wrong at once I don’t think anyone can escape blame.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463