Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, the little scroats have been told 'don't do it again, you naughty boys. Now go and buys some flowers and say your sorry'. A couple of months down the line they will probably do the same again. The world has gone far too soft in my eyes. I would have got a clobbering for doing that and rightly so!

Neither you nor I know whether or not they will 'do the same again'. Physically assaulting them would also not guarantee that they won't 'do the same again', as I said, it would just be sadistic retribution.
I really don't see how you can make the jump from being pissed off for a thoughtless act to getting enjoyment from abusing children.

Or maybe psychologists and scientists have studied human ways of behaviour and shown that smacking people can actually cause these behaviours to worsen and for the individual to resent the person hitting them? :102:

That is exactly what it did to me.
I was a horrible little bastard when I was a kid and was regularly assaulted by adults. It just made me worse.

As an adult, I'm still a horrible bastard but at least I know that it is wrong, very, very wrong to physically assault children.

That is exactly what it did to me.
I was a horrible little bastard when I was a kid and was regularly assaulted by adults. It just made me worse.

As an adult, I'm still a horrible bastard but at least I know that it is wrong, very, very wrong to physically assault children.

Yes, but if they'd whipped off your goolies early doors, then the whole world would have been a safer place, and you know it...

I believe it was Alan Partridge who said, 'Scum, sub-human scum'.

So they're not going to be punished then? Glad to see the club and police are taking the issue seriously.

So they're not going to be punished then? Glad to see the club and police are taking the issue seriously.

Considering their age I think it was a sensible way to handle it. They were humiliated in front of their parents and forced to think about what they'd done, what punishment would you have dished out?

Community Service and being forced to make a public apology to all and sundry at a Leicester game would have been fitting enough, in my opinion.

Considering their age I think it was a sensible way to handle it. They were humiliated in front of their parents and forced to think about what they'd done, what punishment would you have dished out?

I would agree with city-faithful's suggestion of community service (of sorts). Get them doing some street cleaning or litter picking. A ticking off in front of their parents would have done very little to 'punish' many people I knew when I was their age.

Community Service and being forced to make a public apology to all and sundry at a Leicester game would have been fitting enough, in my opinion.

And you think that would be effective punishment for an 11 year old? To be forced to apologise to 20,000 beying fans?

I think they got off lightly.

If they were of primary school age, it may have been a sufficient punishment, but 11-13 year olds would've known exactly what they were doing.

And you think that would be effective punishment for an 11 year old? To be forced to apologise to 20,000 beying fans?

No! I would insist that it was at least a sell out!

It would be politically incorrect to punish them any further. They have been told that they have been naughty boys and one even had his playstation taken off him for a week. I'm just glad they didn't take his tv out his room as well. That would have been far too harsh!

Last edited:
Yes I definately DO think that'd be a fitting punishment. At 11 years old you are capable of reasoning and making your own decisions, if he was not why was he allowed out of his parents sight? They actively chose to vandalise the garden and I feel that, by having to confront the very people it offended, a huge lesson would be learnt. A 'rollicking' from Birch and having to read plaques is hardly a befitting punishment is it? The remorse they supposedly showed would have been more likely remorse at getting caught.

Neither you nor I know whether or not they will 'do the same again'. Physically assaulting them would also not guarantee that they won't 'do the same again', as I said, it would just be sadistic retribution.
I really don't see how you can make the jump from being pissed off for a thoughtless act to getting enjoyment from abusing children.

I don't think Jeff or Micky really are serious in their suggestions. They are just irritated that the children are being let off and rightly see that this sends the wrong message.
It is more disturbing Macky that I think your reaction is serious and you think it is right that they should have been let off.

There are sadly extreme cases when youngsters of that age have to be put into custody. These should not usually happen for first offences. However, we have not solved the problem of punishing children who commit serious offences without the farce of community service or the extremity of locking them up.

This gap used to be filled by the stocks or corporal punuishment. Wothout wanting to rival Macky for political correctness I would not want to see these back but we do need a halfway house between the extremes of Guardianista let-offs and Daily Mail harshness.

I don't think Jeff or Micky really are serious in their suggestions. They are just irritated that the children are being let off and rightly see that this sends the wrong message.
It is more disturbing Macky that I think your reaction is serious and you think it is right that they should have been let off.

There are sadly extreme cases when youngsters of that age have to be put into custody. These should not usually happen for first offences. However, we have not solved the problem of punishing children who commit serious offences without the farce of community service or the extremity of locking them up.

This gap used to be filled by the stocks or corporal punuishment. Wothout wanting to rival Macky for political correctness I would not want to see these back but we do need a halfway house between the extremes of Guardianista let-offs and Daily Mail harshness.

My opinion has nothing whatever to do with 'political correctness'. It is my own opinion, formed after years of being physically abused by adults as punishment for various misdemeanors. Also, never once did I suggest that they should be 'let off', I was just disgusted at Mickey's suggestion that he could derive enjoyment and entertainment out of abusing children.

Adults hitting children is wrong, it is counter productive and generally just teaches children that bullying is okay. It's indefensible.

Instead of trying to dream up even more bizarre and unusual punishments to inflict on children like this, why not try and prevent it from happening in the first place?

Last edited:
Jeez I'd have thought time spent being lectured by the Birch would have been enough to put any youngster off repeat offending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669