Sheff Utd 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grind out a result like we did last night.

I think of grinding out a result as shutting down their midfield so they cannot threaten us, not letting them have 14 corners, 9 shots on target and expecting defenders, woodwork and goalie to make world class saves to keep us in the game!

I think of grinding out a result as shutting down their midfield so they cannot threaten us, not letting them have 14 corners, 9 shots on target and expecting defenders, woodwork and goalie to make world class saves to keep us in the game!

You don't mention the handball penalty shouts in your summary, as well.

All of the above was the bit of luck we've deserved for playing so well since the turn of the year, sick of the amount of games where we've played well and got nothing out of it, or conceded late goals.

Grinding out a result, earning the luck you recieve... whatever. Last night was our touch of luck.

Apparently some City fans were shouting 'DIE! DIE! DIE!' when Mattock was laid injured - if you were one of them then hang your head in shame......

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, they might have been Germans

I didn't think he worse worse than Bamba tbh, he gave the ball away loads and put us in danger saveral times for Mee to tidy things up.

As for Vassell, the effort was there, just a tad too greedy at times and again, passing wasnt up to much. I wouldve taken him off instead of Dyer for Gally.

I thought Bamba started well. He made some good challenges and a crucial block that might've beaten Weale due to his restricted view.

I much prefer this back four to the ones that were playing at the beginning of the season. Hopefully they'll improve together whilst they play more games.

Not really, he's a liability. An accident waiting to happen. He might turn out to be a great player but I'm finding it difficult to understand why we are blooding him, teaching him the game and letting him make all of his mistakes during a promotion push. It's madness.

Ben Mee - I wasn't there Durham, so I only based my comments on seeing him against Millwall and the glowing praise from Alan Young who said Mee was absolutely outstanding for us last night.

As you were there and didn't rate him then fair enough.

Weale - 9
Naughton - 5
Bamba - 7
Mee - 4
Van Aanholt - 2
Abe - 5
Wellens - 6
King - 6
Vassell - 3
Yakubu - 5
Dyer - 5

Mee got 4? And every player in front of him bar the Yak got higher? I must have imagined him heading absolutely everything that was thrown at him and having to deal with the fact that the midfield or forward line couldn't string a handful of passes together, which would have enabled the massively overworked back 4 to have a bit of a breather.

We should never have sold Nicky Mohan. :icon_cool

Ben Mee - I wasn't there Durham, so I only based my comments on seeing him against Millwall and the glowing praise from Alan Young who said Mee was absolutely outstanding for us last night.

He's talking balderdash. In a piss poor performance, Mee and Weale shone out like beacons. Bamba's always gonna get a higher mark cos he's got his own song. :icon_roll

He's talking balderdash. In a piss poor performance, Mee and Weale shone out like beacons. Bamba's always gonna get a higher mark cos he's got his own song. :icon_roll

agree. i thought mee was outstanding, bamba did well too but i get your point with regards to his song. sol tries to over play at times.

weale is a good shot stopper and did well yesterday but he isnt the most commanding on crosses. but would be extremely harsh to criticise too much after last night.

naughton did well, he keeps his head well and tries to keep the ball. he only lost it a few times as there were no options at all. vassell and yakubu were static to the extreme and i'm still trying to work out why dyer got taken off first.

wellens also excellent but the jury is still out on van aanholt, probably not his kind of game.

Durham also thought Chris O'Gravy was the dogs bollocks as well.

Highlight of the match has to be Joe Mattock being stretchered off. :038:

Hope you've ended your career you poisonous little feck.

his ankle and knee were pointing in direction they shouldn't have been.

Mee got 4? And every player in front of him bar the Yak got higher? I must have imagined him heading absolutely everything that was thrown at him and having to deal with the fact that the midfield or forward line couldn't string a handful of passes together, which would have enabled the massively overworked back 4 to have a bit of a breather.

We should never have sold Nicky Mohan. :icon_cool

No you didn't imagine it, he was usually clearing up the mess he created 10 seconds before by giving the ball away or delaying a challenge until it was too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566