Should Weale Play Against Watford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 2nd half When Vitor was shielding the ball from Earnshaw expecting Weale to collect sum it up for me. Weale hesitated and almost cocked it up, Vitor shaking his head and standing with his arms out in dismay at the keepers slow reaction. Wellens came and had words with Vitor but Weale looked rattled. Naughton was the only one who went near Weale after the goal when he lay there for what seem like age. Weale did not appear to command his area and a couple of times when they had a corner he could not decide he if he wanted a player on the post or not which led to some confusion. Also thought he could have done better with the initial save before the 2nd goal.

and his bad positioning for their first goal too, dont forget that!

and his bad positioning for their first goal too, dont forget that!

Yeah, he should have run fifty yards to close down the cross when Mee couldn't be arsed to make a challenge, then rushed back and made some vague attempt at getting to Tudgay - Vitor and Naughton presumably not believing anyone so short could head the ball. What a slacker.

Last edited:
Yeah, he should have run fifty yards to close down the cross when Mee couldn't be arsed to make a challenge, then rushed back and made some vague attempt at getting to Tudgay - Vitor and Naughton presumably not believing anyone so short could head the ball. What a slacker.

Being only 5' 9" I don't think 5' 10" is short? :102: That said he managed to get into the only position and head it in the only place that could beat two defenders and the keeper. :icon_roll

Couldn't do much about the first except cut it out at source. It was a great cross. Third goal was obviously all Weale and their second - if he'd punched it anywhere other than right infront of him to the onrushing Earnshaw then he could probably have prevented that too. I don't think we deserved to lose yesterday but unlike Sven, I don't think we were very good and even a point would have been a nothing result for us.

I didn't see the game yesterday, but would Ricardo have been any better?

I'm not sure I have confidence in either currently but on balance I still think Weale is better.

Dont be a ****ing idiot all your life, sit down for 5 minutes and take a break from it!!!
If Weale had been properly positioned he should have had that! If a defender makes a mistake it does not give the keeper the right to let the ****er in does it? The keeper SHOULD be the next line of defense....

I didn't see the game yesterday, but would Ricardo have been any better?

I'm not sure I have confidence in either currently but on balance I still think Weale is better.

Sue.... if you had been in goal, I doubt you would have let the last one in.

Getting back to the issue - no, Weale shouldn't be picked against Watford. Not that the match is any big deal - but any switched on manager would need to make the point that not only was the goal an absurd bit of carelessness but his general form has been poor.

Regretably, Sven's recent decision making has also been of a poor quality so it's difficult to say which of our misfit keepers will provide the dodgy last line of a dodgy defence.

Couldn't do much about the first except cut it out at source. .

How about Vitor actually marking his man?

If Weale had been properly positioned he should have had that! If a defender makes a mistake it does not give the keeper the right to let the ****er in does it? The keeper SHOULD be the next line of defense....

You can't blame him for that, the header was perfectly positioned.

I reckon he could have cost us 10 points this season.

Can't disagree with that. Brizzle, Watford, Boro he was so poor for the first goal, Palace.

We've been doing it since Pearson was here and it winds me up. Once they get within 25 yards put a foot in, they won't score from the majority of the free kicks but they stand a good chance if they shoot on target.

We've done for ages. A lot of teams do it as no-one wants to risk losing shape, two banks of four and all that. Remember when Wednesday whacked four from distance Kelly time?

Why not? If he is up for the game.

Hopefully, neither Weale nor Ricardo has any future with the club so why not give someone else the opportunity.

because if we don't do well in these last few games then our idiot fans will be calling for sven's head regardless of the team being kids.

No brainer really, I think he should resign from the club and **** off!

The last few games has forced me to change my opinion on him, as each game passes I now feel more comfortable with him in goal.

When he got kicked in the head last night he still got up to save the next shot. Other players would have just lay there as if shot and let the other side score.

Another fickle City fan. :081: :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673