Should Weale Play Against Watford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok igor akinfeev then or vincent eneyeama

As in the Igor Akinfeev who plays for CSKA Moscow and Russia and who has been extensively linked in the past with Man Utd? I'm not sure he'd come to us to be honest :icon_roll

Get behind Chris Weale & we may, just may, see his return to form of last season when he was a fantastic keeper for LCFC.

I just do not believe he hasn't been affected by Ricardo's arriving.

Come on Alex, he was decent enough last season til that feck up at the Sheep, and let's face it- there's been summat not quite right since.

Whatever confidence he had disappeared more quickly than my wages the day I get paid! It's not just todo with ricardo imo- it's more to do with the fact he ain't fecking good enough.

I reckon all players have dips in form, a goalkeeper's dips and striker's easiest to spot.. Gomes was shocking when Harry Redpants arrived at Tottenham, and although still prone to the odd error, he is widely accepted as a cracking keeper now...

Come on Alex, he was decent enough last season til that feck up at the Sheep, and let's face it- there's been summat not quite right since.

Whatever confidence he had disappeared more quickly than my wages the day I get paid! It's not just todo with ricardo imo- it's more to do with the fact he ain't fecking good enough.

I think Chris's (and the team's) season was set by the very first half of the first game against Palace (wasn't one of their goals a slightly smaller cock-up than Friday's?). Chronic defensive instability ever since. If only the season had started an hour later ....

Not defending as a team has cost us an awful lot more goals and points than Weale's admittedly growing list of screw-ups, and there's no question I'll be cheering him on this afternoon if he plays (though not the sarcastic ones if and when he actually saves a shot).

That's not the same as thinking it's better for all concerned if he moves on (Conrad, too), or re-signing Wayne Brown, though I'd love to see Pearson back with a transfer budget.

I hope he will construct a team that will be strong enough to get promoted and then worry about what might be good enough for the Premier League if and when we get promoted.

No different from his policy this season re: loanees.

Neither option is building for the future except the very short term future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669