Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about supporters trying to put opposition players off their games in order for their team to win.

I have no problem with chants at football matches they add to the atmosphere. I can remember chanting very insulting and racist chants as a youngster and I'm not at all racist and never have been.

Pull that trigger ... was an incredibly racist chant but it was sung by most of us just to put players off.

Sure there are racists out there - most white men over 60 in the UK are racist. Some of them need sorting out but most people singing the chants are not racist.

Good points by many here Jeff - racism comapred to every other ism, BG the cash, Melts etc...

Beighton you must be on drugs to compare Woodgate incident with this I guess you think we are all Joeys and wise's.

Perhaps stamp out racism between the professional players and in society in general before worrying about a few supporters grunting like apes in a crowd. (silly feckers)

He's a Professional Footballer thats his chosen career.Getting vile disgusting abuse from retards comes with the job I'm afraid if Campbell doesn't like it then he should find another career.

He's a Professional Footballer thats his chosen career.Getting vile disgusting abuse from retards comes with the job I'm afraid if Campbell doesn't like it then he should find another career.

I agree - Sewer cleaners accept they'll be covered with shit.

It is important to remember that there were children at the match. I am even told that some of the fans who were chanting this vile stuff had children with them. It is worrying that some people on this forum have made excuses for the chanting or played it down. Have they read what was chanted?

It is important to remember that there were children at the match. I am even told that some of the fans who were chanting this vile stuff had children with them. It is worrying that some people on this forum have made excuses for the chanting or played it down. Have they read what was chanted?

Nobody is making excuses or defending what was chanted or the people who chanted it.However Sol Campbell is a Professional footballer and he knows that morons go to football matches and he will get vile disgusting abuse thrown at him.Its up to the Police and Portsmouth stewards to sort out the offenders

I'm astonished that people think its o.k just because its conducted in the confines of a football stadium. If i was on the street witnessing a person abusing another person with the same vile stuff, i would feel a moral obligation to defend the person being abused.
I dont have a problem with Spurs giving Sol Campbell plenty of stick over him being a ' judas ' but the personal abuse is at best both ignorant and distasteful.

I'm astonished that people think its o.k just because its conducted in the confines of a football stadium. If i was on the street witnessing a person abusing another person with the same vile stuff, i would feel a moral obligation to defend the person being abused.
I dont have a problem with Spurs giving Sol Campbell plenty of stick over him being a ' judas ' but the personal abuse is at best both ignorant and distasteful.

Do you think the Police would launch a full investigation to one ordinary bloke getting some verbal, especially as there is no way on gods green earth that it can be proven as racist or homaphobic.

I expect the ignorant thick twats who chanted it are loving the attention they are geting

Do you think the Police would launch a full investigation to one ordinary bloke getting some verbal, especially as there is no way on gods green earth that it can be proven as racist or homaphobic.

Why do you assume that it cant be proven:102:

"On the street", I would be shocked if people were asking who the wanker in the black is, shouting "wanker, wanker, wanker" at people who were from another city, doing mexican waves, singing random songs in unison, banging drums and laughing at men in fox outfits.

Football isn't reality, and inside a football cannot be compared to outside of one.

Why do you assume that it cant be proven:102:

The chants that I have seen that were sang at SC cannot be proven as either.

There is not one thing in those chants that is concrete or even near concrete racism.

Last edited:
"On the street", I would be shocked if people were asking who the wanker in the black is, shouting "wanker, wanker, wanker" at people who were from another city, doing mexican waves, singing random songs in unison, banging drums and laughing at men in fox outfits.

Football isn't reality, and inside a football cannot be compared to outside of one.

I'm sorry i really cant see where that makes it anymore acceptable.

I'm sorry i really cant see where that makes it anymore acceptable.
I don't think I would be too presumptuous in guessing that at least once in your life, you have joined in abusive chanting towards opposition players.

If so, how did you justify it?

If the chants that have been written are the ones being made the fuss of, they are poor taste even for football fans. I don't believe they are racist or homophobic. Additionally, if Sol Campbell isn't gay why is he upset about the 'apparantly' homophobic chanting.

The fact of the matter is that Sol Campbell has moaned for years about the chanting directed at him, whilst other players, Savage et al, have made careers about the abuse directed at them. 'Big' Sol should act like the grown man he is and pipe down IMO.

The chants that I have seen that were sang at SC cannot be proven as either.

There is not one thing in those chants that is concrete or even near concrete racism.

My god, i wouldnt wish to know what your interpretation of racism is then :102:

I don't think I would be too presumptuous in guessing that at least once in your life, you have joined in abusive chanting towards opposition players.

If so, how did you justify it?

Your are absolutely right i have, but never in the context of personal abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566