Sports Personality of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren Clarke is the only one worth of winning it this year.

Darren Clarke is the only one worth of winning it this year.
Why, cause his wife died?, you can't hand out awards for that kind of nonsense. but in the curent light, there hasn't been any great sporting action so you may well right.

So, look out for pretentious phrases such as "courage in the face of adversity", "on the verge of giving up his golfing career" and "the bravest man in sport"

I would however rather see Clarke win it than that non sporting tosser Walliams, he has his own awards shows wiothout tresspassing on ours

Why, cause his wife died?, you can't hand out awards for that kind of nonsense. but in the curent light, there hasn't been any great sporting action so you may well right.

So, look out for pretentious phrases such as "courage in the face of adversity", "on the verge of giving up his golfing career" and "the bravest man in sport"

I would however rather see Clarke win it than that non sporting tosser Walliams, he has his own awards shows wiothout tresspassing on ours

Hadn't even given his wife dying a thought to be honest Melton, Just think it is the best sporting achievement we have had in a very poor sporting year.

Plus I would hate a show jumper to win it.

Hadn't even given his wife dying a thought to be honest Melton, Just think it is the best sporting achievement we have had in a very poor sporting year.

Plus I would hate a show jumper to win it.
What has Darren Clark actually done to deserve this award above Montgomerie or Woosnam?

Woosnam led the Ryder Cup team to victory, surely he's more deserving?

What has Darren Clark actually done to deserve this award above Montgomerie or Woosnam?

Buggar all.

Nicole Cooke (riding a bike) and Joe Calzaghe (hitting people) are the only ones I can think of who have actually won something this year.

I agree but they aren't the nominees.

He is the only one nominated from the succesful Ryder Cup team, so if I voted ( which I won't) I would vote for him.

What makes me laugh about golf is that Henman and Rusedski got no end of stick for never winning a grand slam despite being in the world's top 20. Yet the British golfers are very rarerly openly criticised for the fact that none of them have won a major since a flukey win in 1999.

And Tiger's dominance isn't an excuse because no-one ever gave Henman an allowance for Sampras and Federer winning them all.

Clarke was part of a TEAM. He's personal circumstances only slightly make him more worthy than the rest of them.

I'd vote for f*r*st before twat rash Walliams

Glad to see there are not any footballers up for it. None of the over payed prima donnas deserve it. Of those selected imo Calzaghe should be in with a shout for his super effort against the yank Jeff Lacy. Also he's been a good champion over the years.

Glad to see there are not any footballers up for it. None of the over payed prima donnas deserve it. Of those selected imo Calzaghe should be in with a shout for his super effort against the yank Jeff Lacy. Also he's been a good champion over the years.

I thought Gerrard was up for it.
Either way I hope he doesn't win it.

I thought Gerrard was up for it.
Either way I hope he doesn't win it.

The BBC must be really struggling with it this year. They have 10 nominees instead of the usual 6, of which most wouldn't get a look-in on any average sporting year. Defo no footballers.

Buggar all.

Nicole Cooke (riding a bike) and Joe Calzaghe (hitting people) are the only ones I can think of who have actually won something this year.

Ricky Hatton and he at least has a personality

Nicole Cooke.....World Champion Cyclist

I think I might be wrong but she's the only world champion up for it along with the boxers.

Are you sure Nicole's up for it, do you have her number? You can have the boxers though if you like.

:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570