Stearman and Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
£1.2M for ten goal a season Hume!!!

Looks a bargain compared to what we paid for Campbell...he had a similar record, but was playing in a good team so he should have scored more.

City have always bought players from lower divisions (remember Lennon, Savage, Elliott, Taggart etc?).

Taggart was already a Premiership player when we signed him.

The argument is not about whether the prices we got were good, but about whether we can replace them with players who are as good or better. If we can't (or won't) replace them and it's the difference between a promotion season and a second season in the lower divisions, it's a bad move.
Of course I'm assuming MM is serious about wanting to get promoted immediately, and is not just selling as many players as possible to get some money back.

I won't argue about Campbell. You win some, you lose some.

However, my point is, players who leave can be replaced with players from a lower division (Lennon, Savage, Elliott and Taggart (Can't remember whether Bolton were in the Prem at the time when Taggart was signed, but he was developed to become a better player).

Even Kisnorbo was not an established centre half and MacAuley came from Lincoln on a free!

As I said, It depends on whether Pearson can spot a good player, get him to the Walkers and make him play.

Anyone remember the last player signed who was at the top of his game and maintained that standard for Leicester?

Whoever they bring in, they will not be as good as Hume, McAuley and Stearman

But lets just completely ignore that fact, and instead just carry on saying how good it is that they have now been sold

Thank god for that! :038:

However, my point is, players who leave can be replaced with players from a lower division (Lennon, Savage, Elliott and Taggart (Can't remember whether Bolton were in the Prem at the time when Taggart was signed, but he was developed to become a better player).

Unfortunately, you are referring to player acquisitions made when we were not in the Third Division ourselves.

The players to which you refer would not have signed for us in our current situation.

Whoever they bring in, they will not be as good as Hume, McAuley and Stearman

But lets just completely ignore that fact, and instead just carry on saying how good it is that they have now been sold

How can that be a fact, we don't know who the replacements are going to be.:102:

Stop scaremongering, there was life after Lineker, Smith, Heskey et all, there will be life after Hume and Stearman etc.:icon_roll

I won't argue about Campbell. You win some, you lose some.

Even Kisnorbo was not an established centre half and MacAuley came from Lincoln on a free!

As I said, It depends on whether Pearson can spot a good player, get him to the Walkers and make him play.

Anyone remember the last player signed who was at the top of his game and maintained that standard for Leicester?

Frank Large

Well done to Humey and Stearman on coming back to the club to say thankyou and bye to the staff, players and Fans, sounds like Leicester really meant alot to them, Best of luck boys...see you next season

I am old enough to remember us losing Shilton and Nish. Most contributors will remember us losing Guppy and Lennon. I won't get sentimental about players who were part of the worst team in Leicester history. I hope that in a few years time none of last seasons players will not be brought out at half time as "Leicester City Legends."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669