Stearman and Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those like Highland who admire Hume from afar should reflect on the fact that it was his pathetic and woeful penalty attempt against Sheff Wed that effectively relegated us. Had he scored we would have drawn or won the game instead of losing and would have stayed up.

MA2 relegated us on the fist day against Blackpool. We only needed a draw in that game to stay up.

Aye, because absolutely no one on here makes things up, or simply says things for effect do they :icon_roll
Outside of General Chat, I'd say only the thick people, or liars would do that on a regular basis.

No no, you haven't got the hang of this at all, have you

You are supposed to come on and say something like "Thank **** they're gone, the useless tossers - great bit of business - good riddance to the lot of 'em etc. etc."

Than everyone will agree and use the :038: smilie, like the ignorant feckwits that they are

Still Darren Moore, eh ? Just what we need a this level, don't you think ? Real hard man on the pitch, and a real leader

And Hume missing that penalty was the main reason we were relegated you know,not the fact we were utter shite.Think its time to give the LCFC forum the swerve for a bit,place has gone absolutely ridiculous,I'm all for opinions but saying good riddance to some of our best players because they don't want to stay here and play in Division One is just silly talk

And Hume missing that penalty was the main reason we were relegated you know,not the fact we were utter shite.Think its time to give the LCFC forum the swerve for a bit,place has gone absolutely ridiculous,I'm all for opinions but saying good riddance to some of our best players because they don't want to stay here and play in Division One is just silly talk

I think people are off their heads. It's something like there is a pent up resentment against the players - which is understandable, but this is providing an irrational cloak for rejoicing in the loss of any semblance of modest quality which was left in the squad.

I bet MM and the club are feeling pretty good about pulling in all the cash whist supporters seem to have no problem in losing players that might have taken us straight back up next season.

Unfortunately come the new season, there will be a reality check and i don't think those applauding the loss of the only sellable players are going to enjoy it.

I agree 100%...

However please stop saying you're off for a bit, it's a bit pathetic and below you. Just do it, or not, stop being such a queen.

In my opinion, whether or not you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that they've left, people are being very naive if they thought they would stay

It doesn't matter whether you think we won't get replacements who are as good as that's another argument and implies we have some sort of choice in this situation - we will have to get replacements and so all we can do is hope they turn out to be decent

I'm not expressing an opinion of their merits while they were with us, just feel that the debate about whether we should have sold them is redundant as whether it was MM's/player's/agent's decision for them to go isn't important, reality is they will go

Like I say, just my opinion :)

I agree 100%...

However please stop saying you're off for a bit, it's a bit pathetic and below you. Just do it, or not, stop being such a queen.

I meant the LCFC bit and until the dust settles because when Oakley and Howard go we will have the same episode

Last edited:
Hume was the epitome of the headless chicken. Gave 100% but to no effect whatsoever. Anyone can run around like an idiot for 90 minutes.
Well, Melt's has his serious illness and I have my ingrowing toe-nail - and I suspect that at least one Mod may well struggle if demanded to run non-stop for the full 90 minute period unless there regular snack breaks...so you may want to reconsider this statement FR?

And let's not forget the number of times he blasted shots into Row Z during the rest of the season, many of which I am certain, and I am sure there is a stats Geek who will confirm this, if on target, would have resulted in us winning or drawing games we drew or lost!

So he did NOT nearly keep us up. His woeful strike record was a major factor in us going down!

If you watch arsenal and barca games you see henry doing 10 shots over the bar for every goal he scores, same with rooney, gerrard etc. Hume was our most consistent striker in both fitness and goal scoring, he was often out of position as well. Not great but I think a good striker at least. I expect him to get 12-18 goals for barnsley next season.

Can't understand what the fuss is about. 3 players sold for good money (£1.1M for McAuley- way over priced in my opinion, £1.2M for ten goal a season Hume!!!).

Yes, they probably were good enough to be succesfull next season, but only if they really wanted to stay.

City have always bought players from lower divisions (remember Lennon, Savage, Elliott, Taggart etc?). Didn't Alan Smith arrive from Alvechurch? We will see whether NP can spot potential in players from League 1 and 2 and be able to develop them further. Let's face it Bristol City did OK last year with the bulk of their players coming from the lower divisions.

Not gloom and doom as far as I'm concerned. Leeds only had 4 players after their relegation to League 1. They managed to attract some good players and then do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669