Stearman and Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty spot on apart from the gratuitous anti-Canadian dig. :icon_roll We have a soft spot for Canadians in our family as both my parents remember getting Canadian apples during the War. :icon_wink

Seal clubbers the lot of them, good riddance...........:icon_wink

Seal clubbers the lot of them, good riddance...........:icon_wink

Canadians no :018: :018: :018: , seals yes :icon_razz :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Always going to happen.I can't believe anyone actually put any faith in that rubbish Hume came out with about "wanting to stay to get us back up" Utter bollox.These are pro footballers,nothing matters to them other than money.You can worship them,the club can bend over backwards for them in either footballing or other terms (see Dickov) & they can spout all the shite they like about loyalty but at the 1st sign of a few bob extra they're off.That's the modern game & it ain't gonna change.
You only have to look at David Bentley.Mouthing off in the press about wanting to leave Blackburn.he went there from Arsenal where he was never going to get a regular start (what with being English & all) & thanks to Blackburn having faith in him & taking a risk he has become probably the best English player in his position in the Prem,broken into the England squad & team & is now a big name.The thanks Blackburn get? "cheers,now all i want is to feck off & get a nice wedge from a big move" They are all the same.
This years LCFC side will be journeymen & kids,the same as every other squad in the division.
Welcome to the new reality that is Division 3 football

I saw it after I posted. I would have seen it sooner if I wasn't checking my facts, rather than just making stuff up :icon_wink

Get a little excitement into your life!

I'm not shedding tears its just my opinion that Hume will be alot better than anyone else we could hope to attract.However he wanted to leave and I think a few are a little bitter that he didn't want to stay and play Division One football,I don't blame him for leaving for one second but its folly to say he was shite because he was clearly one of the best players we had.We can't completely scrap the Squad we have and it would have been nice to keep 2 or 3 of a better players,rather than be left with the total dross,that won't leave because nobody wants them

Spot on HF

My guess no:1:

1) Some players put in transfer requests.

2) MM said "No, I won't accept them, I'll leave them on my desk and wait to see what the new Manager thinks".

3) New Manager doesn't want anybody playing for him who doesn't want to play, and he accepts their requests on day one. A week later they find new clubs.

4) Melton Fox applauds the decision if his guess is correct.

My guess No:2

1) The naughty players wait to see who the new manager is

2) The naughty players think he might shout at them so decide to f**k off.

My guess no:1:

1) Some players put in transfer requests.

2) MM said "No, I won't accept them, I'll leave them on my desk and wait to see what the new Manager thinks".

3) New Manager doesn't want anybody playing for him who doesn't want to play, and he accepts their requests on day one. A week later they find new clubs.

4) Melton Fox applauds the decision if his guess is correct.

My guess No:2

1) The naughty players wait to see who the new manager is

2) The naughty players think he might shout at them so decide to f**k off.

For ****s sake man don't leave us like that, does Melton Fox applaud guess no 2 if correct? :102::icon_bigg

I must confess to only knowing three Barnsley fans. The one I have spoken to is horrified that they spent that much money on Iain Hume.

worse than that melton i live in Barnsley. People i have spoke to didnt think they had that sort fo money to spend!!.

IMO Hume had to go especially for 1.2m, good luck to him, if we had had eleven with his attitude on the pitch we would not have gone down

worse than that melton i live in Barnsley. People i have spoke to didnt think they had that sort fo money to spend!!.

IMO Hume had to go especially for 1.2m, good luck to him, if we had had eleven with his attitude on the pitch we would not have gone down

If that also means of the same quality as Hume then I fear we are doomed anyway.

In fairness to Hume the Club have never played a system that suits his style of play, which is being put behind and running beyond the last defender. Oh no he has to the target man or a winger. :icon_roll

That said there is not much to his game there is his pace against central defenders and he is looks like a good finisher when he tries to pass the ball into the net. :icon_wink

However he is not good at bringing others into the game, he is not good at creating his own opportunities, and don't confuse endeavour followed by a wayward twenty yard shot as an opportunity :icon_wink, and we have all seen the tantrums and sulks during a game.

£1.2 million. Good business. :icon_cool

is not good at creating his own opportunities, and don't confuse endeavour followed by a wayward twenty yard shot as an opportunity :icon_wink, and we have all seen the tantrums and sulks during a game.

£1.2 million. Good business. :icon_cool

too right it is :icon_bigg

A worrying aspect is that our back 4 is nearly gone bar mattock,and even more so, if the rumours are true is ngotty with darren moore as centre halfs

Has anybody mentioned Howard. He for me would struggle in this league. Slow and predictable. Lets hope we can get some doe-rae-me for him............

He scored a panfull of goals for Luton in this League I think:102:

Hume was the epitome of the headless chicken. Gave 100% but to no effect whatsoever. Anyone can run around like an idiot for 90 minutes.

Stearman and McCauley were decent enough players but wanted away so we are well shot of them.

This is a great time for LCFC. We are getting rid of the passengers that have dropped us in this mess in the first place.

The fact they have no sense of responsibilty to help put right what they have caused means they are not the type of players we need.

If it is correct that McCauley had a clause in his contract so he could leave if we were relegated then why should he have bothered once he knew Ipswich wanted him back in January?

Those like Highland who admire Hume from afar should reflect on the fact that it was his pathetic and woeful penalty attempt against Sheff Wed that effectively relegated us. Had he scored we would have drawn or won the game instead of losing and would have stayed up.

Hume will always be a square peg in a round hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669