Stearman and Hume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those like Highland who admire Hume from afar should reflect on the fact that it was his pathetic and woeful penalty attempt against Sheff Wed that effectively relegated us. Had he scored we would have drawn or won the game instead of losing and would have stayed up.
Apart from the dig at Highland, who is entitled to his opinion, I thought this paragraph was f**king poetic.

Hume was a charlatan and deceived the stupid, and the not so stupid for far too long.

I think that's harsh. Hume was not the all encompassing hero some thought but he was a regular scorer of goals and always gave 100% to the cause.

Let's not forget he scored important goals at the crunch of this season and but for one goal on the last day of the season in one of two games could justifiably claim to have kept us up.

He was an average, hard worker. Nothing more nothing less. He will never improve. A very average striker. Not someone who can get that 15-20 goals a season. £1.2million is a great piece of business :038:

As for Stearman. Well... can't say I will cry about him leaving. He has had a couple of decent seasons and many very poor seasons. If the reported £1.6million price is correct then another good piece of business :038:

Hume has pulled some stunning goals out of the bag but never really learnt to play alongside anyone else. He's part of the reason why Howard and Cort looked so shite. (the other part being of course that they were, in fact, mostly shite).

I think that's harsh. Hume was not the all encompassing hero some thought but he was a regular scorer of goals and always gave 100% to the cause.

Let's not forget he scored important goals at the crunch of this season and but for one goal on the last day of the season in one of two games could justifiably claim to have kept us up.

And let's not forget the number of times he blasted shots into Row Z during the rest of the season, many of which I am certain, and I am sure there is a stats Geek who will confirm this, if on target, would have resulted in us winning or drawing games we drew or lost!

So he did NOT nearly keep us up. His woeful strike record was a major factor in us going down!

To me a great example of how far this club has fallen - however good Hume was he was still our best foward...

...and the best club that wanted him was....Barnsley :icon_roll

Oh for the days when we got upset about selling ouir "heroes" to Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool....

Last edited:
To me a great example of how far this club has fallen - however good Hume was he was still our best foward...

...and the best club that wanted him was....Barnsley :icon_roll

Oh for the days when we got upset about selling ouir "heroes" to Everton, Arsenal and Liverpool....

Right on the mark.

Here we are arguing about Hume - a very ordinary player but the best forward player we had. Not so long ago we would have hardly noticed him leaving. As for Stearman, he was part of a defence that was reasonably sound. That defence is now completely dismountled. Cashing in on better players whatever the level has never been a recipe for success.

Hume was the epitome of the headless chicken. Gave 100% but to no effect whatsoever. Anyone can run around like an idiot for 90 minutes.

Stearman and McCauley were decent enough players but wanted away so we are well shot of them.

This is a great time for LCFC. We are getting rid of the passengers that have dropped us in this mess in the first place.

The fact they have no sense of responsibilty to help put right what they have caused means they are not the type of players we need.

If it is correct that McCauley had a clause in his contract so he could leave if we were relegated then why should he have bothered once he knew Ipswich wanted him back in January?

Those like Highland who admire Hume from afar should reflect on the fact that it was his pathetic and woeful penalty attempt against Sheff Wed that effectively relegated us. Had he scored we would have drawn or won the game instead of losing and would have stayed up.

Hume will always be a square peg in a round hole.

WTF are you on about ? He's a footballer I don't admire him,I admire people who have overcome hardship etc in their life...admire a footballer FFS:icon_roll.I just think he's an ok footballer,I have no intention on reflecting on anything involving LCFC unfortunately I have other things slightly more important in my life:icon_roll

Right on the mark.

Here we are arguing about Hume - a very ordinary player but the best forward player we had. Not so long ago we would have hardly noticed him leaving. As for Stearman, he was part of a defence that was reasonably sound. That defence is now completely dismountled. Cashing in on better players whatever the level has never been a recipe for success.

Absolutely spot on

Fact is, if we were still in the Championship it would be feckin' party time if these two feckers left - mainly because there would be a strong likelihood that we would be able to bring in someone at least as good, if not better

Sadly some people do not realise that we were actually relegated last year and, painful though it is, these two complete tossers were amongst the best we have, and are more than good enough for this level

They leave behind players worse than them, and they will be replaced by players much worse than them.

The fact that some people cannot see that, and just wish to carry on spouting "good riddance to the wankers" etc, displays their complete inability to understand what a complete shithole we are currently in

Lets face it, Leicester have been awful for the last few seasons, cheap buys from lower divisions, never would or could be the way forward, we've made a few quid on them, thats about the only positive.The playing side has to be be rebuilt, If we can hold on to the good youngsters we have, Mattock in particular, get them in the team where they will be hungry for success and get some experience around them, I think we will see some pride coming back. We need players commited to the team and club, if they don't want to stay, get rid, thats why Hume and Stearman are no loss, no doubt there will be others following them out, now we find out whose willing to play for the shirt, not just the money.

Yesterday was a sad day fo the club IMO, hopefully Pearson can start bringing in a few players who will get us excited again? Darren Moore.....Joey Tits.....you know, real exciting prospects.

Yesterday was a sad day fo the club IMO, hopefully Pearson can start bringing in a few players who will get us excited again? Darren Moore.....Joey Tits.....you know, real exciting prospects.

Whoever they bring in, they will not be as good as Hume, McAuley and Stearman

But lets just completely ignore that fact, and instead just carry on saying how good it is that they have now been sold

Whoever they bring in, they will not be as good as Hume, McAuley and Stearman

But lets just completely ignore that fact, and instead just carry on saying how good it is that they have now been sold

I know...It don't look great, plus Clem, Mattock, Oakley and Howard will most probably be on the way, followed swiftly by our best player for years in Kisnorbo...yet another re-build, only this time at our lowest ebb.

I know...It don't look great, plus Clem, Mattock, Oakley and Howard will most probably be on the way, followed swiftly by our best player for years in Kisnorbo...yet another re-build, only this time at our lowest ebb.

No no, you haven't got the hang of this at all, have you

You are supposed to come on and say something like "Thank **** they're gone, the useless tossers - great bit of business - good riddance to the lot of 'em etc. etc."

Than everyone will agree and use the :038: smilie, like the ignorant feckwits that they are

Still Darren Moore, eh ? Just what we need a this level, don't you think ? Real hard man on the pitch, and a real leader

In all honesty I think Darren Moore could be a good leader, particularly for Worley, but time will tell..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669