Post Match Stoke 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season Robert Huth missed both Everton games through suspension. Just saying.

If that challenge was made against me, I'd want the other player sent off.

If that challenge was made against a Leicester player, I'd want the other player sent off.

First time I have seen it. Definite red card.

Second time I watched it. Not sure as there was a push.

Third time, I watched the push closely. Yes he was pushed and his momentum took him in to the player. I did not see a deliberate lunge.

Not guilty.

If that challenge was made against me, I'd want the other player sent off.

If that challenge was made against a Leicester player, I'd want the other player sent off.

In indoor 5 a side yes. In proper outdoor football I'd just accept that being on the ground is (or used to be) allowed.

In indoor 5 a side yes. In proper outdoor football I'd just accept that being on the ground is (or used to be) allowed.
When I used to play, he'd have been facing a good few players coming at him for making a challenge like that.

It isn't different, there is no consistency, especially when you look at Rojo's challenge v Palace and Vardy's today, both games officiated by the the same referee

It isn't different, there is no consistency, especially when you look at Rojo's challenge v Palace and Vardy's today, both games officiated by the the same referee
Vardy gets the red today because the same ref has been heavily criticized for not giving Rojo red against Palace.

I think Vardy's challenge warranted a red card. That is one issue.

I think Rojo's also warranted a red card. That is a separate incident, though. The consistency issue (or lack of), is where I agree with you.

That's all I'm saying :102:

Vardy gets the red today because the same ref has been heavily criticized for not giving Rojo red against Palace.

Maybe if he can't make the same decision (which ever way it goes) for the same type of incident in successive games he shouldn't be officiating these games.

Maybe if he can't make the same decision (which ever way it goes) for the same type of incident in successive games he shouldn't be officiating these games.

Possibly a result of referees being briefed on which teams/players to look out for before games as has been made public a few times. How can you be expected to use sound judgement when that shit happens. How the **** we were allowed to win it last season is more ridiculous than us being technically capable.

I think Vardy's challenge warranted a red card. That is one issue.

I think Rojo's also warranted a red card. That is a separate incident, though. The consistency issue (or lack of), is where I agree with you.

That's all I'm saying :102:
Genuinely serious question PPF.

Did the shove he got make him change his mind and go in two footed or do you think he lost his balance due to the push?

I can't see how the shove (which there was but no big thing in the scale of things) caused Vardy to go at the ball as he did. That is, 2 footed.

Personally, I think he got rattled by the shove and was battling to get to the ball first. It was aggressive, no doubt. Reckless even. But I think he was focused entirely on the ball. I don't think he saw it as a tackle, as Diouf isn't on the ball at the time. Vardy went after the lose ball, which he has every right to do. Diouf was after the same ball but Vardy got there first.

However, it was arguably reckless. He did go in 2 footed, and that's a no-no. Reason being, it's potentially career ending - intentional or otherwise. I don't know the laws of the game to know whether, in those circumstanves, a yellow would have been more appropriate but it certainly merited some reaction from the ref.

Both feet pretty much on the ground, no studs showing, got to the ball first, it was a follow through which was a result of his forward momentum that made him contact Diouf, a yellow, yes, a red? I think was very harsh.

Genuinely serious question PPF.

Did the shove he got make him change his mind and go in two footed or do you think he lost his balance due to the push?
I think the "shove" is irrelevant. Yes he got nudged a bit, but that doesn't make him put two feet together and challenge as he did. If the shove was hard enough, he wouldn't have been able to do that, as he'd have been going sideways more. I think he'd lost his rag and went in recklessly, with or without the push.

Both feet pretty much on the ground, no studs showing, got to the ball first, it was a follow through which was a result of his forward momentum that made him contact Diouf, a yellow, yes, a red? I think was very harsh.
I've just watched it back again, to make sure. At the point where he contacts the ball, his feet are indeed very close to the ground. Just before that however, he is clearly both feet off the ground towards the player. I've been on the receiving end of far worse tackles, but that was a good few years ago now (I stopped playing about 10 years ago). If I'm the ref and I see a player lunging in like that, these days, I expect him to be sent off.

I can't see how the shove (which there was but no big thing in the scale of things) caused Vardy to go at the ball as he did. That is, 2 footed.

Personally, I think he got rattled by the shove and was battling to get to the ball first. It was aggressive, no doubt. Reckless even. But I think he was focused entirely on the ball. I don't think he saw it as a tackle, as Diouf isn't on the ball at the time. Vardy went after the lose ball, which he has every right to do. Diouf was after the same ball but Vardy got there first.

However, it was arguably reckless. He did go in 2 footed, and that's a no-no. Reason being, it's potentially career ending - intentional or otherwise. I don't know the laws of the game to know whether, in those circumstanves, a yellow would have been more appropriate but it certainly merited some reaction from the ref.
I agree with most of this, as I think it sums up the chain of events very well. Except that I would expect, these days, for that to result in a red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669