Post Match Stoke 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever the wankers were who threw coins at the Ref do me a favour get a grip or **** off! Will we appeal against some of the decisions?

Should not have been a red card. Vardy is pushed over and clearly wins the ball with his feet on the ground.

Not a penalty. The arm is where you might expect it to be when a player is lunging forwards horizontally with his leg.

For those that were beginning to think that Ranieri was losing the plot and did not care, I hope that his passion shown at half-time and his substitutions show he clearly is still focused and has a plan B.

... And thank **** that Kasper is back, for everything he brings to the team and dressing room. I am sure he will become captain when Morgan steps down

Some very considered and balanced words there from Hackett. And I say that not just because he gives verdicts that I agree with on both the red card and then penalty!

No, what he says about acting in the interests of the ref is, I think, right. Those guys don't have an easy job and they cop shit when they get it wrong. They need chill time to reflect and recharge before being thrown back in.

Tough call on whether it was a red or not really. I don't think it was, but you can see why he's given it.

But ultimately happy with the point, and the feeling of injustice over the red card and penalty would've helped fire the team up. To come back and grab a point from 2 goals down in those circumstances will do a lot for the team's confidence and belief and for the fans too. Need to get back that 'we refuse to lose' attitude we had a lot last season, and this will help. So ultimately the ref might've done us a favour!

Early last season we made a series of dramatic comebacks from being behind in games, doing it over and over again and I think it now only showed our mentality but also helped breed it throughout the team and it set us up for our title fight, because the team knew we were never out of a game. Hopefully this will remind them of that

This decision just goes to show how tough referees have it. Everyone (us, pundits etc) have seen multiple replays and still can't agree. Some say it definitely was and some say it definitely wasn't.

The ref gets one look at it and has to make the decision.

That's got to be one of the silliest rules - fining a PL team £25k is almost like fining the man in the street 25p!

That's got to be one of the silliest rules - fining a PL team £25k is almost like fining the man in the street 25p!
I think I remember reading somewhere that the standard FA fine for a red card I something like £60 regardless of division or salary. Think I was when Balotelli's payslip at Man City was leaked.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the standard FA fine for a red card I something like £60 regardless of division or salary. Think I was when Balotelli's payslip at Man City was leaked.
It was Tevez and £24.

Tevez-payslip.jpg

This decision just goes to show how tough referees have it. Everyone (us, pundits etc) have seen multiple replays and still can't agree. Some say it definitely was and some say it definitely wasn't.

The ref gets one look at it and has to make the decision.

And they get paid for it.

**** all! You could pay them £50,000 a match and say they get nothing if they get it wrong, but they would still get sometimes get it wrong.

We have all seen it many times, in slow motion, from several different angles.

The ref had one glimpse from a not helpful angle, for a split second.

If we cannot agree on whether it is a red or even a foul, or even a foul on Vardy, why should we think the ref should be able to see something in a split second and get it right every time? So the appeal should overturn the red.

I remember the infamous Henry penalty handball against Ireland, and the replay shown, engineered to show it from the position of the referee, clearly showed that the players in the way stopped the referee from seeing it, so he could not award the penalty.

The only grounds for appeal would be the push on Vardy I would think.

Personally I don't think the push was responsible for him going in to the tackle with both feet though.

It will be interesting to see what decision is made though, especially with the media attention on this particular referee.

Will he face any further punishment for appealing if the decision is upheld (as I too think is likely to be the case)?

Will he face any further punishment for appealing if the decision is upheld (as I too think is likely to be the case)?

If the Commission considers that the rejected claim (appeal) had no prospect of success and / or amounts to an abuse of process, the Commission shall have the discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment set out in this Memorandum.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the standard FA fine for a red card I something like £60 regardless of division or salary.

It's not a fine. It's an administration fee - An administration fee of £10.00 will be charged for the cost of processing each report

If the Commission considers that the rejected claim (appeal) had no prospect of success and / or amounts to an abuse of process, the Commission shall have the discretion to increase the penalty up to twice the standard punishment set out in this Memorandum.
Should be ok then. I do think that any other outcome than the decision being upheld would set an unfortunate precedent, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669