The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed to be honest.

Don't know what Pearson has seen from this group of players to suggest extra reinforcements aren't required.

I suppose if he couldn't attract the right player he didn't have much choice.

Seems a bit harsh. It was clear that Pearson had trouble getting his targets over the summer, and I don't think that was down to him. Losing the director fella (forget his name) suggests that the club may agree with that, his late replacement (only November?) won't have helped much with this window though.

Despite this, we've got the goalkeeper, centre-half and striker we've all been saying is needed. We're just a left-back and maybe a centre midfielder away from the re-enforcements that will have been all that's needed - I think most of us would be very wary of the more wholescale recruitment other clubs have shown tends to be ineffective.

Typical arrogant NP believes his squad is good enough despite te league table saying different, all we can do now is prey, as good as the Prem is, with the right summer preparation we would have been ok

Typical arrogant NP believes his squad is good enough despite te league table saying different, all we can do now is prey, as good as the Prem is, with the right summer preparation we would have been ok

Riiiiight.

I would certainly agree with you, as far as the summer was concerned.

I think that he has brought three useful players in during the January window. Personally, I would have liked to see another midfield player and, if one were available, another left back: however, the right players may not have been around and, Pearson may not wish to bring too many players in during the season. I am quite pleased with the window: 8/10 for Mr. Pearson.

I can tell you for a fact we've tried all over this window. We had two lined up in the final week. Huth came in, other didn't. Transfers are like jigsaw puzzles. You only have to see West Brom's transfer dealings to realise we did fairly well over January.

As example of it being like puzzles, WBA wanted rid of Ideye Brown and replace him with Carlton Cole. The Cole deal broken down mostly likely because West Ham didn't get who they wanted. Therefore the deal for Cole broke down and Brown is now still at the Hawthorns.

Similarly Dorrans wanted out of WBA, three clubs come in for him but they are only happy to deal with Norwich as they are not a divisional rival. As a result WBA think we will sort a deal for Olsson which falls through because he wanted a relegation clause. That breaks down the Dorrans deal.

Think we did surprisingly well in the transfer window and pushed the boat out as far as could be reasonably expected. Three worthwhile signings - hopefully!

Of course this was a limited salvage operation after the ineffectual summer but we are where we are etc and must hope for the best.

I'm going to stick my neck out and declare to all of you that Kramaric will be the biggest flop in the clubs history.

He will score a maximum of 3 goals this season and then want to leave in the summer after not settling.

I'm going to stick my neck out and declare to all of you that Kramaric will be the biggest flop in the clubs history.

He will score a maximum of 3 goals this season and then want to leave in the summer after not settling.

Wow.

Thanks for that!

I don't disagree with you tbh. From whatever I seen him so far he's a good player but he's going to struggle to get the chances and fit into the system of our team. It will be like Yann where the impatience from a set of fans about a foreign import will come to the fore and that's before he pisses a penalty up the wall against QPR on the final day.

Only upside is I reckon we will get around £5 million for him in the Summer.

i think we need to back Kramaric and Ulloa all season to try and win every game we possible can.

personally i'd play Mahrez Schlupp Ulloa and Kramaric as my first choice front 4 and tell the back 6 to run their arses of to get the ball to these guys as quickly as poss.

Don't knock Kramaric already. People can make whatever forecasts they want, but if the fans actually started being a bunch of dickheads - like the majority of fickle fans who support this club, then even if he was improving, they'd be on his back and make him unsettled/feel nervous. Some players can dick up because of fans jumping on him from the word "go" and the last thing we need to do is that.

Some stupid woman called up the football forum after the first match he played in when he came on for a short time as a sub and was berating saying he wasn't good enough and he was slow. Jesus. Let the guy settle in a little bit. He will need to settle, most definitely, because he's come from a much slower league which doesn't seem as physical as this division. It isn't his fault that he needed to come in and hit the ground running - that will be the fault of the league position we are in for which Mr. Pearson must assume full responsibility.

Either way, I'll stick my neck out and say that we'll survive, and whether it be this season or the next, he will be a goal scoring hit with us and become one of our most important players. NP got us here, for the first time in a decade, let's not forget that. In NP we trust.

Last edited:
Don't knock Kramaric already. People can make whatever forecasts they want, but if the fans actually started being a bunch of dickheads - like the majority of fickle fans who support this club, then even if he was improving, they'd be on his back and make him unsettled/feel nervous. Some players can dick up because of fans jumping on him from the word "go" and the last thing we need to do is that.

Some stupid woman called up the football forum after the first match he played in when he came on for a short time as a sub and was berating saying he wasn't good enough and he was slow. Jesus. Let the guy settle in a little bit. He will need to settle, most definitely, because he's come from a much slower league which doesn't seem as physical as this division. It isn't his fault that he needed to come in and hit the ground running - that will be the fault of the league position we are in for which Mr. Pearson must assume full responsibility.

Exactly the reasons why I think he might struggle, rightly or wrongly.

Please don't get my prediction mixed up with thinking it means I'll be berating the lad, I hope he smashes the back doors out of Saturdays game.

Typical arrogant NP believes his squad is good enough despite the league table saying different

That's incredibly undeserved. Harry Redknapp's just resigned because of QPR's failure to secure a selection of transfer deadline day targets such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon and Matt Jarvis. We were more successful than most. Who could possibly have imagined we would outfight and outbid Chelsea to get Kramaric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566