Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% when Gray leaves he will do well for a period at somewhere like West Brom or Brighton. I dont think hes got the class or end product to do it for any length of time, but playing in a different system at a different club i can see him offering more.

I have a horrible feeling he'll get a couple more years.
Also, for me, Harvey Barnes has already achieved much more and has alot more to his game.

Didn't realise Harvey had a PL winners medal.

I'm sure Demarai often sits down and thinks 'I was great during that season'

Actually he was. There were a couple of games towards the end of the season where he was bought on near the end and he did well running the clock down. I had high hopes for him then.

I think most of us have been of similar opinion on Gray for a few seasons now. That is, the talent is obviously there. We want, if not ache, for him to use and push on, become a true great. It's saddening that he doesn't. It has to be down to attitude. Maybe he thinks he's done enough already, he expects his own talent to take over and shine through.

This is typified for me when he tries one of his tricks, maybe a step over, and the defender doesn't fall for it. They've read it, seen it a hundred times before. Gray is baffled; it always worked on the playground. Gray's got the tricks early but he hasn't worked since. True greats have tricks and work on them, they graft. Maybe not Gray. He's the same talented kid with bags of potential that we was 5 years ago. How long do you give him?

4 and a half seasons. I think that’s a pretty lengthy opportunity and much more than given to the likes of Kramaric.

Gray can be summed up magnificently in one sentence:

“All of the gear but no idea”

Leicester and Newcastle have joined the list of clubs interested in Norwich's English midfielder Todd Cantwell. (Mail)

I think most of us have been of similar opinion on Gray for a few seasons now. That is, the talent is obviously there. We want, if not ache, for him to use and push on, become a true great. It's saddening that he doesn't. It has to be down to attitude. Maybe he thinks he's done enough already, he expects his own talent to take over and shine through.

This is typified for me when he tries one of his tricks, maybe a step over, and the defender doesn't fall for it. They've read it, seen it a hundred times before. Gray is baffled; it always worked on the playground. Gray's got the tricks early but he hasn't worked since. True greats have tricks and work on them, they graft. Maybe not Gray. He's the same talented kid with bags of potential that we was 5 years ago. How long do you give him?
It is nothing about tricks, it is more about the fact that time and again he makes the wrong decision.

It is nothing about tricks, it is more about the fact that time and again he makes the wrong decision.

Tricks was a metaphor, an example to illustrate the broader point. That is, he hasn't developed. He's not worked with what he has to become a better player - and that includes developing his footballing brain.

It's his choice of course, nobody is obliged to develop their skills, but it is nonetheless disappointing to see someone neglect their talent.

If he's happy to be a substitute, I'd absolutely keep him. He does influence games when he comes on and he changes the dynamic of a match with his pace. We have seen it time and time again. He is mightily frustrating and he is far too inconsistent to be worthy of a starting place but as a sub, he's a decent option. If he wants guaranteed starts, then he needs to move.

Some large stories coming on here tonight.
Chillwell going and now this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570