the met

Status
Not open for further replies.
instead of citing "the real world" it would help the argument if you were in London at the time

it was a very strange place, everyone catches the tube every day and suddenly the tube could kill you and everyone around you in an instant

and with kings cross shut, all tube did a slow crawl through it... like a ghost train

imagine walking by Mario's chippy every day knowing that dozens of people were maimed and killed there and it could happen again at any second

if the man had done as he was told he would still be alive today :bang:

Having said that 5 lads and myslef from my unit in the army had to go to court for unlawfull killing in irland about 11 yrs ago or so now ,

At that time the orders we where given was to check all cars ,truks white vans and so on for IRA members and semtex .if anyuone one didnot do as was asked we had to give a warning shot then shoot to kill

we had checked about 20-25 cars when this ford drove straight through our check point ,We gave the warning shot ,but didnt stop so we took them out :icon_sad:

Trun out they had nicked the car and shit them self when they got to us and didnt stop ,we where cleared of all charges in the end but for 6 months we where shiting it ,we could have all got 15yrs for it .

So my point being it dont matter what orders you are given the top nobs wont addmit they are wrong its poeple like us that have to carry the can

Last edited:
So my point being it dont matter what orders you are given the top nobs wont addmit they are wrong its poeple like us that have to carry the can

wow, nasty story newts

wrong though... it's subjective, it's not an absolute

i'd say you did right

I am confused by the use of the word "warzone". :icon_conf

You should feel free to have you own defintion of 'warzone'. I was in London when deMenezes was killed; at the time I was just 3 tube stops away from the event. Bearing in mind the events of the previous day and the events that had taken place just over a fortnight earlier, I would definitely say that I was in a warzone at that time.

I am pleased that the Met police were there protecting me, even if they did make a mistake on that occasion. I am also pleased that the officer involved was allowed to carry on in his job and kill an armed robber down here in Kent a short time later.

Mistakes will be made. When the stakes are high, the mistakes will be of greater consequence - that is a matter of fact. The only way to stop making mistakes is to do nothing at all - and that would be a far greater mistake.

Last edited:
You should feel free to have you own defintion of 'warzone'. I was in London when deMenezes was killed; at the time I was just 3 tube stops away from the event. Bearing in mind the events of the previous day and the events that had taken place just over a fortnight earlier, I would definitely say that I was in a warzone at that time.

I am pleased that the Met police were there protecting me, even if they did make a mistake on that occasion. I am also pleased that the officer involved was allowed to carry on in his job and kill an armed robber down here in Kent a short time later.

Mistakes will be made. When the stakes are high, the mistakes will be of greater consequence - that is a matter of fact. The only way to stop making mistakes is to do nothing at all - and that would be a far greater mistake.

Amen to that Bob.

I have a theory.

I try not to break the law, I think my chances of being killed by the law preventers are slim, very slim.

If I start breaking the law, I expect my chances to rise slightly.

Personally, I put it down to the fact that I try not to break the law that I am alive today, and not been killed whilst committing a mistermeanor by those that are employed to stop me.

I have in the past been naughty, and when instructed by the law enforcers to do something when I have been caught, I have promptly done it.

It is a policy I try to stick by.

Last edited:
I have a theory.

I try not to break the law, I think my chances of being killed by the law preventers are slim, very slim.

If I start breaking the law, I expect my chances to rise slightly.

Personally, I put it down to the fact that I try not to break the law, that I am alive today and been killed whilst committing a mistermeanor by those that are employed to stop me.

I have in the past been naughty, and when instructed by the law enforcers to do something when I have been caught, I have promptly done it.

It is a policy I try to stick by.

Was that philosophy put to you by Earl Hickey?!? :icon_bigg

He probably never existed,the person in charge had dreamt it

If you really believe that, I don't think you are qualified to comment on the matter under discussion.

Last edited:
If you really believe that, I don't think you are qualified to comment on the matter under discussion.

:icon_roll I'm sorry it was an attempt at humour,I'll leave the grown ups to it.I try not to take myself or this place too seriously

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670