The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have mentioned I currently live in Australia and been in this property a year, the council won't give us extra bins tried that line. They charge us for any excess waste. I have phoned them a few times saying the binmen forgot to empty out bins after having refilled them myself , so exhausted that option.

The property I am sure is not registered for multiple occupancy. It is due for redevelopment but the submitted plans have been knocked back again. I think the development company envisaged work would have started by now.

Not a bad place to live been lucky so far. I'm sure they are nice enough downstairs the guy is English, just not sure how to approach them with my save the world speech. Think I might just leave it be and they can learn the hardway when we get overrun with rats and possums.

What is it with websites now? Loads of them are doing it - LCFC, Leicester Mercury, etc. You get fed a couple of paragraphs and then, if you want to read the rest of the article, you have to click on a link that says Read More or something equally insipid. Why? Can't you tell me on this web page? Can I not be trusted with all of this information in one go? Is it assumed that I don't have the attention span to possibly read more than two paragraphs without a break?

Drives me ****ing mad! I guess it's seen as "progress" that I now have to click on a link and wait for the rest of the ****ing story. Absolute, utter twats! Modern life is rubbish! Grrrr! :mad:

What is it with websites now? Loads of them are doing it - LCFC, Leicester Mercury, etc. You get fed a couple of paragraphs and then, if you want to read the rest of the article, you have to click on a link that says Read More or something equally insipid. Why? Can't you tell me on this web page? Can I not be trusted with all of this information in one go? Is it assumed that I don't have the attention span to possibly read more than two paragraphs without a break?

Drives me ****ing mad! I guess it's seen as "progress" that I now have to click on a link and wait for the rest of the ****ing story. Absolute, utter twats! Modern life is rubbish! Grrrr! :mad:

Partly to keep you on the site longer, partly because they can feed you adverts on article pages without cluttering up the home page and partly to fit more headlines on to the homepage.

Partly to keep you on the site longer, partly because they can feed you adverts on article pages without cluttering up the home page and partly to fit more headlines on to the homepage.

Probably tablets and mobile phones account for some of the reasons too.

Then perhaps they should stop taking the tablets, put down their mobile phones and concentrate on producing decent websites.

Fly-posting.

Hidden tracks on CDs. **** off and put it on the listing you ****s and stop leaving 18 minutes of silence before it.

Hidden tracks on CDs. **** off and put it on the listing you ****s and stop leaving 18 minutes of silence before it.

And each minute can be a separate track or tracks as well. One I remember was like track 74 or something on the cd and to get to it you had to keep pressing forward from track 11 or whatever. Tracks 1-11 or so were like normal then there were like 60+ tracks of silence. Crazy not sure what the idea behind it is.

Verified by VISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569