The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that Matt!

Hopefully the boundless optimism on here for next season will keep you distracted and happy.

It's not me thankfully but my grandad. He has stomach cancer and after chemo was told it had shrunk enough to operate and the scans showed it hadn't spread. They opened him up to operate today and it was everywhere so he now is on the ticking clock instead.

It's not me thankfully but my grandad. He has stomach cancer and after chemo was told it had shrunk enough to operate and the scans showed it hadn't spread. They opened him up to operate today and it was everywhere so he now is on the ticking clock instead.

:icon_sad:

I assumed it wasn't you but it's horrible when it affects someone close to you, as it inevitably does to almost everyone these days.

Unfortunately my grandad-in-law is in a similar position at the moment.

Hope that you're able to spend some quality time with him and that everything else all goes as well as it can.

Sorry to hear that Matt. Lets just hope that the clock ticks for a whiile yet and that he gets to enjoy it while it does.

Sorry to hear that Matt my sister has been on a ticking clock for 2 years now and quite bluntly would be better off if the clock stopped.

Sorry to hear that, it's horrible, especially when he's been through all that and things were looking optimistic. (((hugs)))

cheers guys. He's been told today he should have at least 6 months which is good. The chemo shrank it a lot so he can eat more or less normally again and he feels fine in himself at the minute, so his quality of life should be good for a while yet. He is happy enough but wishes he'd died on the op table but is determined to make the best of it, so fingers crossed.

Re: People That Piss You Off

It's been raining a bit up here and I'm feeling a bit pissed off as I need to deliver some leaflets and every time we go to go out it starts raining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: People That Piss You Off

It's been raining a bit up here and I'm feeling a bit pissed off as I need to deliver some leaflets and every time we go to go out it starts raining.

I wouldn't worry MoFo. Most pizza leaflets end up in the bin anyway.

I might have to join in... we have one particular "Engineering" c*nt at work who doesnt even bother to park in an actual parking space. Anywhere he feels like ditching his c*ntish BMW will do.

The film 'Titanic'... why cant it just **** off? It was shit the first time round and its still shit now.

I live in a large split house shared betweed 7 people. The couple that have moved in downstairs seem nice but they haven't yet worked out that the nasty evil local council will only give us an small household waste Wheelie bin as they view our property as one household. This bin is collected every week on Thursdays.

The local evil arsehole council do give us a bin for recyclables and one for paper. Dodgy couple downstairs completely filled our bin with their household rubbish and all their beer bottles on Friday night.

How do you approach these people that obviously don't give a **** about the environment or other tennants wishes without sounding like a whinging twat with nothing else in particular to get worked up about?

Oh yes I believe the girls dad is the owner of the property.

I live in a large split house shared betweed 7 people. The couple that have moved in downstairs seem nice but they haven't yet worked out that the nasty evil local council will only give us an small household waste Wheelie bin as they view our property as one household. This bin is collected every week on Thursdays.

The local evil arsehole council do give us a bin for recyclables and one for paper. Dodgy couple downstairs completely filled our bin with their household rubbish and all their beer bottles on Friday night.

How do you approach these people that obviously don't give a **** about the environment or other tennants wishes without sounding like a whinging twat with nothing else in particular to get worked up about?

Write to the council and ask them for another? You can also contact most councils and they will send you damaged or out of service wheelie bins for free. They might not collect two, but if they are left out, who knows?

Is the property registered properly with the council for multiple occupancy? If it is there should be no problem getting extra bins, if it isn't the landlord is not complying with The HMO regulations http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Privaterenting/Repairsandstandards/DG_189200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566