The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you spend a lot of time on the site when you're not logged in?

Of course not!

If so, why do you spend a lot of time on the site when you're not logged in?

Not applicable for the answer already given.

My *problem* isn't with your money-making adverts Jeff, my *problem* is that a previously reliable ad-blocker has allowed an advert to intrude upon my cache without my express permission!!!

My *problem* isn't with your money-making adverts Jeff, my *problem* is that a previously reliable ad-blocker has allowed an advert to intrude upon my cache without my express permission!!!

It doesn't block ads automatically, it comes with a default profile of the most common ads that it blocks, you need to set it to block ads that it doesn't know about

My *problem* isn't with your money-making adverts Jeff

I've not made a penny from the ads on the site today. I thought I'd try a few different things, which is why something appeared that your ad blocker is unaware of.

Do you care about the fact that hard working webmasters of other sites are having to go without food tonight because you're blocking their ads?

Do you care about the fact that hard working webmasters of other sites are having to go without food tonight because you're blocking their ads?

In the words of Paloma Faith............

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not made a penny from the ads on the site today. I thought I'd try a few different things, which is why something appeared that your ad blocker is unaware of.

I have issues with sites and advertisers that serve ads based on my browsing habits. If somebody wants to serve me generic ads then I have no problem, but when I go to a site and it is showing me waterbutts and gardening bits from Wilko a few days after I was looking at those items is intrusive and deserves to be blocked.

I deliberately logged out and clicked on a few ads just to help you out Jeff. Go and buy yourself something nice.

I have issues with sites and advertisers that serve ads based on my browsing habits. If somebody wants to serve me generic ads then I have no problem, but when I go to a site and it is showing me waterbutts and gardening bits from Wilko a few days after I was looking at those items is intrusive and deserves to be blocked.

Not sure why you find that intrusive. If I'm going to have ads served to me, I'd prefer them to be something that I might have an interest in.

In what way do you think it's intrusive?

Instead of blocking them you could just set your preferences so you see generic ads instead. Google will let you do that with their ads, and these people do too: http://www.struq.com/consumer-opt-out/?utm_source=adv1&utm_medium=info&utm_campaign=alls

I deliberately logged out and clicked on a few ads just to help you out Jeff. Go and buy yourself something nice.

That's naughty. Please don't do it. I also buy advertising and I'd hate to find that I was paying for clicks on my ads because people were doing it to help the webmaster buy a bag of monster munch.

The Google ones are the only ones that earn me anything based on a click, the others require some kind of action like a purchase before I get anything.

The fecking Mcdonalds advert with the tosser singing to his burger.

The fecking Mcdonalds advert with the tosser singing to his burger.
You think that's bad?

I've seen an ad, sorry, message, from Dairy Queen for two cheeseburgers for $2.49. I expected Dairy Queen to be purveyors of milkshakes and/or ice-cream, not burgers. Though I'm guessing the cheese counts as dairy. Just.

You think that's bad?

I've seen an ad, sorry, message, from Dairy Queen for two cheeseburgers for $2.49. I expected Dairy Queen to be purveyors of milkshakes and/or ice-cream, not burgers. Though I'm guessing the cheese counts as dairy. Just.
Where does milk come from? Where does beef come from? Say red backwards.

Ordering customised calendars online that start at £4.99 and end up costing £17... wtf?! I suppose its a special present for my sister so I shouldnt grumble.

The Arab League - sound crap and haven't released a single CD. Not a ****ing touch on Phil Oakey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669