The new "Things that piss you off" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having only two home matches before the end of the year.

It's difficult to feel any sympathy at all; completely self-inflicted. You've made your bed and now you've got to lie in in it, etc., etc.

Imbeciles on Marks and Spencer counter who insist on pointing out how much you've saved on your shopping by multibuying soup at 3 for £2, wasting my time and that of the people in the queue behind me.
Perhaps, just maybe, that's why I bought 9 cans not 10.

Imbeciles on Marks and Spencer counter who insist on pointing out how much you've saved on your shopping by multibuying soup at 3 for £2, wasting my time and that of the people in the queue behind me.
Perhaps, just maybe, that's why I bought 9 cans not 10.

Live the dream, Rhydal old boy, live the dream...

AdBlock letting fecking adverts through :icon_evil

adblock.jpg

Twitter statements:

"I am hearing that..." : I have just read what a 12yr old has written in a tweet/on Foxestalk's electronic equivalent of a playschool
"Bert says..." : Bert is that 12yr old
"My sources say" : Someone I made up
"Sources close to..." : as All the previous three lumped together
"Leicester are looking to move quickly for..." : The board are still working out how to use toilet paper
"The [newspaper] is saying this morning that..." : They've made something up too
"If they appoint [manager] then I will never go again..." : I'll buy my ticket straight after the press conference
"Pearson's move has been cancelled..." : It hasn't
"MON is interested in..." : He isn't
"I have no updates..." : I have no clue but want to appear that I might
"#LCFC..." : The person typing this is a first-class, weapons grade spunkbucket

Amazingly, outside of football ****s, I'm finding Twitter interesting and useful.

You'll only see them of you're not logged in.

Not true. AdBlock has, up until then, ALWAYS blocked the adverts at the top of the TB page even when I am NOT logged in.

Firefox upgraded to version 8 and that may have had something to do with it.

Without ads a lot of sites wouldn't be able to exist. So the people blocking them are thieves...

That's an interesting statement, well worthy of a healthy debate :icon_bigg

That's an interesting statement, well worthy of a healthy debate :icon_bigg
Indeed it is. By that standard, I'm committing theft every time I use the remote control during an ad break.
Should I draw the curtains beforehand? Can the Sky Box phone the police?

Indeed it is. By that standard, I'm committing theft every time I use the remote control during an ad break.
Should I draw the curtains beforehand? Can the Sky Box phone the police?

for some reason it reminds me of that very non-PC nursery rhyme about Taffy....

Don't worry. I've shopped you to crimestoppers.

No, the equivalent would be to install a device on your telly that makes the screen go blank whenever an ad break came on

Are you saying they appear when you are logged in?

No, I didn't say that. The screenshot in my OP quite clearly shows an advert whilst NOT logged in.

And if not, what's your problem?

My *problem* is that AdBlock was missing the adverts on this site that it should have blocked EVEN THOUGH I WAS NOT LOGGED IN. Yes Jeff, I know I am supposed to see adverts if I am not logged in but for many years AdBlock has spared me from that until the other day.

Anyway, shouldn't last for long :icon_bigg

Last edited:
My *problem* is that AdBlock was missing the adverts on this site that it should have blocked EVEN THOUGH I WAS NOT LOGGED IN. Yes Jeff, I know I am supposed to see adverts if I am not logged in but for many years AdBlock has spared me from that until the other day.

Anyway, shouldn't last for long :icon_bigg

Do you spend a lot of time on the site when you're not logged in?

If so, why do you spend a lot of time on the site when you're not logged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669