The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

The walking dead is an on-going Comic book / Graphic Novel. I have mentioned it before, but recently its just got so good that i thought it deserved its own thread.

Not sure if anyone on here reads it or has caught some of it, but its by far the best thing i have ever read in my life.

I honestly advise that you pick this up, even if you dont read comics its a very enjoyable read. It comes out once a month as a single issue, or you get the trade paperbacks/hardbacks that collect several issues together (silly-cheap on ebay).

They are making a HBO style series about it, so get in there before its world famous !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead

walkingdead_cov62_medium.jpg

Not sure if anyone on here reads it or has caught some of it, but its by far the best thing i have ever read in my life.

A sad indictment of our fine education system

It's a feckin' comic FFS :icon_roll

Zombies are probably my greatest fear, I'd go so far as to say they scare me more than swine flu and climate change. Therefore, I shall not be buying these comics.

Zombies are probably my greatest fear, I'd go so far as to say they scare me more than swine flu and climate change. Therefore, I shall not be buying these comics.

It's the ones with tungsten tip screws for claws that really bother me

It's the ones with tungsten tip screws for claws that really bother me

Never gonna use them........ Never gonna use them.

You don't know what a ponce is, do you?

Do you think that throwing around insults that you don't understand will make the site how you feel should be?

That's not 'controversial', that's just immature.

Right, where shall i start.

Is there anything wrong with my initial post? no, yet i get a sarcastic response saying that im un-educated and having a digg because i read comics.

Ponce is probally the least most offensive thing anyone could say AND less than Homer deserves for his un provoked sillyness.

Fool on me for believing that i could actually get a decent convo from this place on something other than football or pickled onion flavour.
Not once am i trying to be controversial, his post annoyed me.

Right, where shall i start.

Is there anything wrong with my initial post? no, yet i get a sarcastic response saying that im un-educated and having a digg because i read comics.

Ponce is probally the least most offensive thing anyone could say AND less than Homer deserves for his un provoked sillyness.

Fool on me for believing that i could actually get a decent convo from this place on something other than football or pickled onion flavour.
Not once am i trying to be controversial, his post annoyed me.

:018: Roast Beef

Its a book thats 300+ pages long (and still going), with as much text as any book from your fine education system.

The length of the publication isn't why you were mocked.

Did you really expect anything else when you started this thread? Especially when you said this:

The walking dead is an on-going Comic book / Graphic Novel.

Then this:

its by far the best thing i have ever read in my life.

Nobody said you were uneducated - not after you'd already told us :icon_lol:

Ponce is probally the least most offensive thing anyone could say

Least or most? I'm confused :102:

AND less than Homer deserves for his un provoked sillyness.

I think Homer raised a good point.

Fool on me for believing that i could actually get a decent convo from this place on something other than football or pickled onion flavour. Not once am i trying to be controversial, his post annoyed me.

I'm glad you're not trying to be controversial. I now see it's just your usual overreaction :icon_wink Just calm down and enjoy yourself.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying comics, the problem is when you start trying to compare them with literature. You can't, they're not the same thing.
It's like trying to compare playing video games with watching a movie or going to an art gallery, it doesn't work, they're entirely different media.

The only thing that comics and novels have in common is that they're both printed on paper. Any other comparison is pointless.

There's nothing wrong with enjoying comics, the problem is when you start trying to compare them with literature. You can't, they're not the same thing.
It's like trying to compare playing video games with watching a movie or going to an art gallery, it doesn't work, they're entirely different media.

The only thing that comics and novels have in common is that they're both printed on paper. Any other comparison is pointless.

Once again, your directing this at the wrong person.

All i have said is that the walking dead is the best thing i have ever read, which it is. Im pretty sure, although im "severally uneducated" that you do read comics ?

Slightly over the top statement, im a big reader of both and i can see many similarities.

If any of you people dropped the act and actually read the book, then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

So your saying this is my fault i have been mocked and that i should have expected it?

:bang:

:icon_lol: That's exactly what I'm saying. I'd be surprised if you could honestly tell me you didn't expect pisstaking, especially when you start a thread about a comic.

Well if your living in the 50's & 60's when comics were solely for children then yes i guess so.

Nowadays they are much more widely read by a variety of people, not just for the writing but the art work as well. So a 24 year old collecting an adult themed comic shouldnt really be an issue.

I can take abuse and i can definately give it but to question my education ?

I dont think there is a lower form of wit, its just arrogant.

The writing of this book, the twists and turns and character development are second to known IMO and if that means i didnt go to school as a child, well that just shows the quality of posters on TB these days doesnt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669