This League 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the Peterborough V Bristol Rovers game and these are supposed to be 2 of the better teams in this division. The defending is absoloutely shocking. All I heard about since we went down is how difficult it will be to get out of it but on this showing there is no doubt in my mind that we will piss this division.

Possibly over confidence some might say but I am still to see a team who can touch us. Looking forward to playing these two on this showing.

What a joke of a game that was. 5-4 to Peterborough. Like watching Sunday League.

Anyone else think Darren Ferguson looks like hes from League of Gentlemen?

I watched the game, very poor, if these two teams can bag 4/5 goals against each other, theres no reason why we cant be get 6,7,8. I know im prob getting carried away, but I think thats what we should be setting our sights on, demolishing everything that gets in our way!!!

We should be setting our sights on doing a proffesional job to win each and every game, not thinking we can smash teams 8-0.

We should be setting our sights on doing a proffesional job to win each and every game, not thinking we can smash teams 8-0.

Ok ok, we should be looking to professionally smash teams 8-0!!!!

On a serious note tho. Why cant we think big? This league is a joke, as we have just seen. Good performances, Big wins, promotion thats what I want, then when we lose, I will spiral into depression and drink. Thats the Leicester way and I wont have it any other, life wouldnt be the same else!!! :icon_bigg

Certainly we shouldnt be getting carried away and I think Pearsons 'playing down' of our early success is very helpful to the team and the club.

However the defending was appalling in that game.

Ok ok, we should be looking to professionally smash teams 8-0!!!!

On a serious note tho. Why cant we think big? This league is a joke, as we have just seen. Good performances, Big wins, promotion thats what I want, then when we lose, I will spiral into depression and drink. Thats the Leicester way and I wont have it any other, life wouldnt be the same else!!! :icon_bigg

You should be ban for a month, just for that comment. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Just watching the Peterborough V Bristol Rovers game and these are supposed to be 2 of the better teams in this division. The defending is absoloutely shocking. All I heard about since we went down is how difficult it will be to get out of it but on this showing there is no doubt in my mind that we will piss this division.

Possibly over confidence some might say but I am still to see a team who can touch us. Looking forward to playing these two on this showing.

Walshiestackle.

Leeds fan here.

Well I have to admire your optimism for this season and there is nothing wrong with looking at the positives. I also saw the Bristol game on sky and I must admit the whole game although interesting was woeful, however im not too sure what you mean that you will "piss this league"?

Unfortunately this is your first season here and you will soon learn this league is very unpredictable. Anyone can (and will) beat anyone in this league plus there are other clubs fighting hard to get out here. Leeds, Carlisle and even Scunny are just 3 teams that will be near or abouts top spot by May.

Leeds have had a slowish start to the season although in 8 games (inc the cup games) we have scored 21 goals, nearly 3 per game and we have only actually lost one game so far (against Oldham) but now they have eventually found the correct starting 11 who battered both Crystal Palace and Crewe yesterday so I also expect this to be the start of good things for us.

Nothing is guaranteed in this league.Some Leicester fans think they will piss this league but Leeds and Scunny have the same mentality and belief as you. Unfortunately its a cat and mouse race all the way. I do believe Leeds have a big enough squad to see out this division and I no doubt believe Leicester think the same.

Youtube Leeds united Vs crewe and check out the top stream on the list which is the highlights from Yesterday and you will see we are not all Like Bristol Rovers when infact very good promotion contenders.

Lets see who holds out eh but don't count your chickens just yet.

We will still piss this league. No one is up to our standard.

Leeds, Carlisle and even Scunny are just 3 teams that will be near or abouts top spot by May.
100% spot on, my friend.

But only because we will have top spot, I guess that's why you never mentioned it.

Last edited:
No Leeds will piss the league. We have the best striker in the division FACT and we have the far the best squad. Ive seen Fryatt and I know how unpredicatable he is.
No one in League one will compare to Jermaine Beckford that is why higher league teams(inc 2 in the Prem) wanted him.

Leicester wont last the whole season. Leeds have proved they had enough wins to get out of this tinpot league although held back by -15 pts and we have a stronger and bigger squad that 07 season.

I expect Playoffs at best for Leicester. Leeds and Carlisle will be promoted.Carlisle have been threatening for a couple of years now.

Quote from Crewe boss on BBC SPORT FOOTBALL, LEAGUE ONE

Leeds' shooting impresses Holland
Crewe first-team coach Steve Holland admitted he could only admire Leeds' shooting as his side crashed to a 5-2 defeat at Elland Road.

Leeds' first three goals all came from long range, leaving Holland awestruck.

"If you set your side up to defend so that your opponents' only threat is coming from outside your box, you're happy," Holland told BBC Radio Stoke.

"But obviously the quality of the shooting was outstanding. Three of those shots were just unstoppable."

Says it all really.
21 goals in 8 games for Leeds, 15 goals in 7 for Leicester.:038:

No Leeds will piss the league. We have the best striker in the division FACT and we have the far the best squad. Ive seen Fryatt and I know how unpredicatable he is.
No one in League one will compare to Jermaine Beckford that is why higher league teams(inc 2 in the Prem) wanted him.

Leicester wont last the whole season. Leeds have proved they had enough wins to get out of this tinpot league although held back by -15 pts and we have a stronger and bigger squad that 07 season.

I expect Playoffs at best for Leicester. Leeds and Carlisle will be promoted.Carlisle have been threatening for a couple of years now.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: best joke i have heard today

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: best joke i have heard today

I feel sorry for you. You really dont know what this league is all about do you? 4 games in and you think you have the title.

Im looking forward to revisiting this thread at a later date, probably as soon as you have your first defeat which im predicting within the next 3 games.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Lets see who comes out on top.!!!!:icon_lol:

Crewe first-team coach Steve Holland admitted he could only admire Leeds' shooting as his side crashed to a 5-2 defeat at Elland Road.

"If you set your side up to defend so that your opponents' only threat is coming from outside your box, you're happy," Holland told BBC Radio Stoke.

"But obviously the quality of the shooting was outstanding. Three of those shots were just unstoppable."

Says it all really.
21 goals in 8 games for Leeds, 15 goals in 7 for Leicester.:038:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hartlepool_united/7595528.stm

Says it all really.

:038:

Says it all really.
21 goals in 8 games for Leeds, 15 goals in 7 for Leicester.
:038:

11 goals against in 8 games for dirty Leeds 1 goal against in 7 for Leicester

I feel sorry for you. You really dont know what this league is all about do you? 4 games in and you think you have the title.

Im looking forward to revisiting this thread at a later date, probably as soon as you have your first defeat which im predicting within the next 3 games.:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Lets see who comes out on top.!!!!:icon_lol:

Hold on, i never said we would walk this league ,unlike your self after one good win over a nobody team :icon_lol::icon_lol:.

I don't care how we get out of this league TBH ,just as long as we do.

Yes we mite lose some games ,then again so will you.:icon_wink

Can you tell me how many goals you lot have let in so far :016:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572