Thursday at the Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......... I think MM should do the same, I don't think he shold feel he has to explain why Allen went, IMO he should simply say he did it because he felt it was the right decision and the fans should accept that sometimes things happen for reasons the majority will never know.

......MM should, instead of getting some sections of the fans up in arms, just draw a line under it all.

My sentiments exactly.
MM obviously has other motives for such a nonsensical meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt give a **** if the players felt degraded, I couldnt give a **** that staf couldnt get on with him, I couldnt give a **** about anything that happened off the field, we were just starting to look like a decent team and havent looked anything like since he left.

Last edited:
.......... I think MM should do the same, I don't think he shold feel he has to explain why Allen went, IMO he should simply say he did it because he felt it was the right decision and the fans should accept that sometimes things happen for reasons the majority will never know.

......MM should, instead of getting some sections of the fans up in arms, just draw a line under it all.

My sentiments exactly.
MM obviously has other motives for such a nonsensical meeting.

I think his ego needs to be loved and admired by everyone and that if it isn't he gets insecure and paranoid about it.
Must be a lots of money thing......:icon_roll

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt give a **** if the players felt degraded, I couldnt give a **** that staf couldnt get on with him, I couldnt give a **** about anything that happened off the field, we were just starting to look like a decent team and havent looked anything like since he left.

In some part I agree, however, if as a whole it begins to affect the entire community who work at the club that cannot be a good thing surely?

Too be fair Luke we looked like a decent side for one game, don't get too carried away, IMO the writing was on the wall as soon as MM decided not to appoint Worthington on a permenent basis and the subsequent hiring and firing of Allen and the appointment of Megson has further highlighted the fact that MM's judgement is seriously flawed, he has IMO lost the confidence of the players and sections of the fans, it now means that his honeymoon period is well and truly over and the club is at present a laughing stock and in some amount of disarray.

In some part I agree, however, if as a whole it begins to affect the entire community who work at the club that cannot be a good thing surely?

I honestly dont care, its bullshit. I know for a fact a lot of 'staff' at the club hated O'Neill including players, didnt do him any harm did it?

The fact of the matter is that Allen took a lot of people out of their comfort zones and its these comfort zones that have been part of the problem over the last few years. The players had to park a bit further from the main entrance?? Boo ****ing hoo!!

I was actualy opposed to Allens appointment but I think we were showing signs of becoming a team under him, now what have we got??

(this rant wasnt aimed at you directly BF) :)

Too be fair Luke we looked like a decent side for one game, don't get too carried away, IMO the writing was on the wall as soon as MM decided not to appoint Worthington on a permenent basis and the subsequent hiring and firing of Allen and the appointment of Megson has further highlighted the fact that MM's judgement is seriously flawed, he has IMO lost the confidence of the players and sections of the fans, it now means that his honeymoon period is well and truly over and the club is at present a laughing stock and in some amount of disarray.

Even so, how far behind that are we now??

'Hornet's nest' and 'stirring up' spring to mind when I think about this meeting. I can't see any good coming of it at all with both 'sides' having so many apparent gripes. I think it's time both MM and GM took a deep breath, and accepted that taking flak is part and parcel of owning/managing a football club these days and quietly and professionally got on with their jobs.

I honestly dont care.... I know for a fact a lot of 'staff' at the club hated O'Neill including players, didnt do him any harm did it?

The fact of the matter is that Allen took a lot of people out of their comfort zones and its these comfort zones that have been part of the problem over the last few years. The players had to park a bit further from the main entrance?? Boo ****ing hoo!!

I was actualy opposed to Allens appointment but I think we were showing signs of becoming a team under him, now what have we got??

Probably the nearest thing to what I've been thinking. Valid points, DF.

I honestly dont care, its bullshit. I know for a fact a lot of 'staff' at the club hated O'Neill including players, didnt do him any harm did it?

Good post, I agree with what you are saying to a degree, the club did need and still does need a massive kick up its 'arris, but it has to be done in a way that unites the club and instills professionalism IMO Allen alienated and humilated people, you don't always have to change attitudes and work ethics through belittling people, Brian Little did it by instilling belief and values back into the club not by bullying.

The club is crying out for a Manager who can manage players, egos and discipline but at the same time treast people as human beings, the foundations MA2 was building were based on sand, so yes occassionly we would witness a 4-1 walloping of the league leaders, but also take into account what might have happened had the unforunate incident involving Clive Clarke, would you have been as full in your praise for Allen had his last result in charge been a humilating exit from the cup at the hands of one of our closest rivals :102:

I know what you mean about MON, I know plenty of people who worked at the club back then who didn't have much time for him.

I have no problems with people being taken out of their 'comfort zones' but not if it's in such a way to be degrading or patronising.
There are ways of doing things which really don't need to get so many people's backs up.

I knew with MA we'd get a manager who wasn't averse to making examples of people, because from what fans of MK Dons and Brentford told me, that's exactly what he was like at their clubs. Unfortunately the higher up in football you go, the more you have be careful because players(and some staff) are mollycoddled.

I'm damn sure a lot of thep layers weren't happy with the pre-season regime,but that's probably cos they had to work harder than they had for the whole previous year!

Even so, how far behind that are we now??

I agree, but I actually believe that the problems stem from the summer and MM not giving the job to Worthington, I just feel that he lost respect from that point on, fair enough if he could justify it with the appointment of a big name but to appoint Allen and then Megson in place of Worthington just cannot be justified and beggers belief.

Good post, I agree with what you are saying to a degree, the club did need and still does need a massive kick up its 'arris, but it has to be done in a way that unites the club and instills professionalism IMO Allen alienated and humilated people, you don't always have to change attitudes and work ethics through belittling people, Brian Little did it by instilling belief and values back into the club not by bullying.

The club is crying out for a Manager who can manage players, egos and discipline but at the same time treast people as human beings, the foundations MA2 was building were based on sand, so yes occassionly we would witness a 4-1 walloping of the league leaders, but also take into account what might have happened had the unforunate incident involving Clive Clarke, would you have been as full in your praise for Allen had his last result in charge been a humilating exit from the cup at the hands of one of our closest rivals :102:

I dont agree with you but I am not close enough to the club to argue against your point. All I know is that currently, the huge wave of optimism built up over the summer, that peaked when we played the best team in the league off the park and slaughtered them 4-1 has gone and we are now where we were sometime last seaon again - ie ****ed, with a crap manager and well in to the doom and gloom.

I dont agree with you but I am not close enough to the club to argue against your point. All I know is that currently, the huge wave of optimism built up over the summer, that peaked when we played the best team in the league off the park and slaughtered them 4-1 has gone and we are now where we were sometime last seaon again - ie ****ed, with a crap manager and well in to the doom and gloom.
the 4-1 win was a great result,but some of the other results and performances i saw were poor.so to keep harping on about one performance is a bit shallow.consistency is key to any long term sucsess.we could get a 4-1 win over stoke but in my eyes that wouldnt mean megson has got it right,or that we have become a consistant team.

lets not kid ourselves here folks,we were poor at the start of the season (ma) and we are poor now(gm)

we are in a hole, and we need everybodys shoulders to climb on to get out of it.

i believe that given time,maybe this season,m&m will get things right.i dont think a change of manager or chairman is the answer,not now,not this season.

Last edited:
well spotted :icon_roll
thats why im saying its unfair to harp on about the 4-1 win.did you read all my post.

Sorry, my finger got sore half way through. No, sorry, I still thought that you said; "the 4-1 win was a great result,but some of the other results and performances i saw were poor.so to keep harping on about one performance is a bit shallow." :biggrin:

I'm going to ask MM (if I get the chance that is) why he is dragging the good name of the club down so that we are in a position where the worlds press may be covering the fans and the owner having a "Tiff" over a rant made by some of the fans. If this was another club I would be laughing my head off but it isn't !!! Is this the great future that is promised? every time we do something that he doesn't like he gets us all in after class for detention?? I cannot believe that something so inoccuous has gone so far.

I know we played well and got a great result against Watford, but we were very lucky to take the lead, and if you look at the performance in the first match against Forest, it certainly didn't look like we were moving on. But it's all ifs and buts. We will never know how it would have panned out. We might have gone on from a defeat at Forest and remained unbeaten until the end of the season, or we may have turned the game in the second half, and gone on to have a great season, or we may have capitulated and end up relegated. Basically, until we know the truth behind the Allen sacking, we won't be any nearer to finding if it was the best thing for the club or not.

The thing is though, like you say we won't ever know what might've happened so even if it was or wasn't the best thing to happen it doesn't matter cos it's just guesswork on what might've been.

I don't care now, when you look back in the LCFC history books Allen will only warrant a small paragraph....unless MM wants to keep dragging this out.

Personally I don't think he should, he should just stand firm and tell fans it was for the best of reasons and then get on with what's happening NOW instead of what went on weeks ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669