Thursday at the Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
As fringe event on Thursday evening I am organising a burning of effigies of the following:

Peter Taylor
John Elsom
Micky Adams
Chris Makin
Nathan Blake
Jason Jarret
Dave Bassett
Howard Wilkinson
Stephen Hughes

Please feel free to bring an effigy of your own personal favourite contributor to the downfall of LCFC to chuck on, and/or a bottle and nibbles.

can you add Wise to that list please...

Got to say I have to agree with you homer. I can't see MM setting himself up for a fall. I was all for going but my fear is that there will be so many others that are prepared to shout you down that I don't believe I would be allowed to make my point.

Got to say I have to agree with you homer. I can't see MM setting himself up for a fall. I was all for going but my fear is that there will be so many others that are prepared to shout you down that I don't believe I would be allowed to make my point.

Don't do it TF

You will be made to look like a complete fool, and your loyalty will be called into question in front of a horde of screaming deluded fools clapping and cheering each and every triumphant sound-bite that comes out of the Messiah's mouth

It will achieve nothing

Don't go

Don't do it TF

You will be made to look like a complete fool, and your loyalty will be called into question in front of a horde of screaming deluded fools clapping and cheering each and every triumphant sound-bite that comes out of the Messiah's mouth

It will achieve nothing

Don't go
why dont you go and ask an 'unplanted' question homer.

why dont you go and ask an 'unplanted' question homer.

:icon_roll

Good Call Biff. Sadly I fear you are correct. What is it Voltaire said? "I may not agree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to have it" Not in MM's case though I fear.

What a load of nonsense made by another loony who has totally missed the point. I couldn't give a toss about MA or Megson. It's nothing to do with them. It's about how our club is run. If you're happy with it, fine. Many fans are not because being a laughing stock is not good. Players and Managers will steer clear of us because of it. Our own players are clearly all over the place as a result of it. We are an embarrassing shambles run by a man who tells us to 'trust him'. I don't. Most people don't. That is the point.

I don't think we are laughing stock, certainly nowhere near as bad as Leeds, and yet they manage to bring in players.

I don't think we are laughing stock, certainly nowhere near as bad as Leeds, and yet they manage to bring in players.

Are we not a laughing stock?
Look at posts on this board six weeks ago, we were seriously discussing whether we would get promotion this year or have to wait twelve months. We now lie 21st in the table and our manager, who is only here because MI5 intrigue has prevented him from becoming England manager, says that we have not improved from the team that finished in the bottom third of the table for the last two seasons. We have brought in 15 (?) new players, nearly half of whom have not, and are unlikely to, play in a competitive first team match and our owner has decided that he doesn't want a three year plan, he wants to go up this season.

If we are not a laughing stock, let my wry laugh start the process!

:icon_roll
i thought the meeting was just for the ones who chanted for ma :102:

mm......And Mandaric today told the Mercury that he wanted those who sang for the former manager to attend a special meeting at the Walkers Stadium on Thursday.

im not going because i dont have a prob with mm,or gm.

how is mm going to plant questions, when those that attend are pro ma :102:

i thought the meeting was just for the ones who chanted for ma :102:

mm......And Mandaric today told the Mercury that he wanted those who sang for the former manager to attend a special meeting at the Walkers Stadium on Thursday.

im not going because i dont have a prob with mm,or gm.

how is mm going to plant questions, when those that attend are pro ma :102:

Are you suggesting that only those who chanted for Allen are going to turn up to this meeting ?

How naive can you get ? :icon_lol:

Personally I think it's good to be able to have a forum like this to discuss the matter.

But I won't be there as I am in London. And have kids. And am under't thumb. And am skint. And don't care.

Are you suggesting that only those who chanted for Allen are going to turn up to this meeting ?

theres no need for them to go.we will all read about it by means of a statement or from people who attend,you not being one of them.

if everybody takes your advice homer,there will be nobody there who chanted for ma,and only people supporting mm.which ultimately means we will all be none the wiser.

if i was as vocal as you (and im not saying your wrong,just that i dont agree with you)i would be contacting the club, the papers and radio stating that i only want people in there who chanted for ma,so as to get a proper debate. i dare say youve wasted all your energy on here instead of voicing it to the people concerned.

in fact do you want me to contact the club for you on your behalf voicing your concerns.im serious.

if i was as vocal as you (and im not saying your wrong,just that i dont agree with you)i would be contacting the club, the papers and radio stating that i only want people in there who chanted for ma,so as to get a proper debate. i dare say youve wasted all your energy on here instead of voicing it to the people concerned.

The point I was making was that attending such a meeting is utterly pointless - whether the audience is made up of 90% 'chanters' or not (which it won't, because all 'other' types of fan will turn up up regardless) - so why on earth would I want to do that ?? :icon_roll

The point I was making was that attending such a meeting is utterly pointless - whether the audience is made up of 90% 'chanters' or not (which it won't, because all 'other' types of fan will turn up up regardless) - so why on earth would I want to do that ?? :icon_roll

i have left a message with peter jones,hes organising the evening.when i know anything i will post on here for everybody to read.

...and they won the Premiership.

I think with seven consecutive wins Leeds have got past the 'laughing stock' stage.

Tbh I don't think anyone who chanted for MA at the forest will go, the lads behind me certainly won't be going.

I'll be honest, I want to go cos I want to see how far MM will try and push things to get people to accept he is the new Messiah or something..
Like i said earlier in the thread, I'm a nosy sod!:081:

Though I might not go cos Take That are on the film Awards thingy on Thursday night........decisions decisions........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669