Train prices and times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booking clerks are obliged to sell you the cheapest ticket available for the journey you want to make. The trouble is that most of them have no idea what the cheapest fare is!

if theyre anything like the clerk at my local station they will be friggin useless and asking for something like a timetable youd think you was asking for blood :icon_roll

if theyre anything like the clerk at my local station they will be friggin useless and asking for something like a timetable youd think you was asking for blood :icon_roll

And then they wonder why everybody with any sense buys their tickets on the net and booking offices get closed.

Boc

Can I get to derby and back on saturday any cheaper than £7-60?
cheers.

Right,

I'm going Skegness tomorrow and returning on Friday.
Is there a return i could get for this journey.

Is it an open return?

An open return would be the most expensive, you'd only need that if you're leaving early in the morning. If you're not leaving before 9AM tomorrow a Saver Return is cheaper, £26.60.

Could I get that on the day? My train is 9:05.

Do I need a railcard for example to get this?

Could I get that on the day? My train is 9:05.

Do I need a railcard for example to get this?

The 9:05 is the first train you can get that you can use the Saver ticket on, it's a standard walk up adult fare, no need to book in advance and no railcard needed. If you have a young persons railcard it will cost a third less.
You might want to buy it online anyway, and pick it up from a ticket machine, because Monday mornings are busy at the ticket office, with people buying weekly tickets for example, so there will probably be a queue. It will probably be quicker to use the machine even if you don't buy it in advance.
If you want to buy it today to pick up tomorrow please use my train tickets link, it will earn me a massive 26p in commission :mad:

An open return would be the most expensive, you'd only need that if you're leaving early in the morning. If you're not leaving before 9AM tomorrow a Saver Return is cheaper, £26.60.

It's also important to state that you won't be able to leave Skegness on your return journey before 9 a.m. either.

I agree Boc but I couldnt see that lazy bastard leaving before nine anyway.

I agree Boc but I couldnt see that lazy bastard leaving before nine anyway.

:icon_lol:

Doubt I'll be awake till at least midday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670