Train prices and times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. You have a seat booked on a specific train, your ticket is only valid for that seat on that train. I think the cheapest is £7 each way now, it was £6. There are a limited number of cheap tickets on each train though, so you usually need to book several weeks in advance to get the cheapest ones.

Cheers guv, thats useful to know:icon_wink.

Suprised you can get tickets that reasonable, i thought it would be a bit of a rip off. Perhaps they have got their act together a bit more since i last travelled with them:102:.

Suprised you can get tickets that reasonable, i thought it would be a bit of a rip off. Perhaps they have got their act together a bit more since i last travelled with them:102:.

Aye Brauny and its not Steam anymore

It's still a rip off for a lot of journeys if you want flexibility, or want to buy at the last minute, but there are bargains around if you can book ahead. The system can be fairly complicated though with so many different companies having different ticket types, and some journeys working out cheaper if you split them up into separate tickets.

There are plenty of London to Weymouth return tickets, on specific trains, for £24.10. So if you'd booked far enough in advance you'd have been able to do the Leicester to London bit for £7 each way, giving you a fare of around £38 plus the cost of getting across London.
But I'm struggling to find cheap Leicester to London tickets at the moment.
There may be other ways to split the journey up, I'll also look into that.

Best I've found so far is £42.10, plus the cost of getting from St Pancras to Waterloo.
That would be if you go and return on Saturdays, and you'd have to get the 6:30 train from Leicester.

Still looking for alternatives.

Best I've found so far is £42.10, plus the cost of getting from St Pancras to Waterloo.
That would be if you go and return on Saturdays, and you'd have to get the 6:30 train from Leicester.

How about via Nuneaton on the Virgin Cross Country Service ? I only know about it because I get it from Glasgow occasionaly.I know it won't go to Weymouth but it might get him nearby.Think it goes to Southampton from Cov

Last edited:
How about via Nuneaton on the Virgin Cross Country Service ?

Virgin cross country don't go via Nuneaton, unless the line they use into Brmingham is closed and there's a diversion. Virgin West Coast do Glasgow - Nuneaton.

The Megatrain thing in my previous post uses the Virgin Cross Country from Birmingham, as far as Bournemouth.

There are no 'normal' cheap tickets available on the Friday though, just the Megatrain ones, and although cheaper Virgin tickets are available on the Saturday, it's not as cheap as going via London.

£4 each way, unless you've got an Oyster card.

No direct buses from St Pancras to Waterloo, although you can get the 91 to the end of Strand and walk over Waterloo Bridge.

Virgin cross country don't go via Nuneaton, unless the line they use into Brmingham is closed and there's a diversion

I thought you could go Coventry to Southampton direct...I might have dreamt it though:icon_lol:

I think I have done that journey in the past. But the train doesn't go via Nuneaton, it goes from Birmingham to Cov.

Anywhere South of Glasgow and I'm a bit out of touch trainwise tbh,I should keep me beak out:icon_bigg

Thanks for all the help Jeff, legend.

I will seriouslly look up the National Express and Birmingham morning options.

Once again ta. :038:

I was going to get my mate from railuk to have a look, he says forget the fridays, go saturdays..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669