'Useless' - A constructive critique of Pearson's managerial style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: useless

I like many others am extremely disappointed where we are today but believe NP is absolutely the right manager to take us forward. I just wish the teams above us would start winning as they keep stumbling ,open the door for us and we just keep failing to take advantage. In some ways it would be better for 2 teams outside the top 4 to go on a good run and put us out of our misery for this season. We have the nucleus of a squad than can get automatic promotion next season and NP will deliver us to the promised land. Here in my view is who we definitely want to keep

Goalkeeper Kasper
Defense Peltier (back up) St Ledger Morgan - need solid and reliable full backs and a leader at the back
Midfield Danns Drinkwater Marshall King (only if he can be the King of old) - need 2 more midfielders that are hungry and talented
Forwards Nugent Beckford Schlupp Hopper - this may be enough

The others are all easily replaceable and need to be replaced with players that will give all to the cause and put their bodies on the line when we are winning with 2 minutes to go.
Get as much money as we can for them - especially for Mills and Bamba who may be our most marketable assets.

I think up front we're sorted. If we keep Nugent and Beckford, we've got Schlupp, Waghorn and Hopper as backup, which should be plenty. Even midfield isn't that bad, we could do with a left winger so we don't have to rely on Dyer - he's no spring chicken. It's defence where we need to ring the changes, something's fundamentally wrong there at the minute and I expect this will be the area Pearson will be keenest to strengthen.

I like many others am extremely disappointed where we are today but believe NP is absolutely the right manager to take us forward. I just wish the teams above us would start winning as they keep stumbling ,open the door for us and we just keep failing to take advantage. In some ways it would be better for 2 teams outside the top 4 to go on a good run and put us out of our misery for this season. We have the nucleus of a squad than can get automatic promotion next season and NP will deliver us to the promised land. Here in my view is who we definitely want to keep

Goalkeeper Kasper
Defense Peltier (back up) St Ledger Morgan - need solid and reliable full backs and a leader at the back
Midfield Danns Drinkwater Marshall King (only if he can be the King of old) - need 2 more midfielders that are hungry and talented
Forwards Nugent Beckford Schlupp Hopper - this may be enough

The others are all easily replaceable and need to be replaced with players that will give all to the cause and put their bodies on the line when we are winning with 2 minutes to go.
Get as much money as we can for them - especially for Mills and Bamba who may be our most marketable assets.

Why Hopper? I'm genuinly interested as I've never seen him kick a ball for the first team.

I agree with the old fox but really hope our owners not only give Pearson a pre season plus (let's say) 14 odd games, but give him the whole of the next one as well so long as we are not in the bottom 6 after 14 games.

We have generally done very well against the better footballing sides but have struggled to outfight teams who play ugly. We need a bit of grit at the back and in the midfield, something we are woefully lacking.

Kasper is excellent so no problems there.

I don't know where to start with the defence suffice to say that bar konchesky I really haven 't a clue what Pearson should do.

Midfield has the makings of a good area but we are missing a ball winner. Danns will be superb for us with the other link in place. Dyer is dire.

Up front Beckford and Nugent will bag you 40 goals a season and we have ample back up.

Next season looks bright with perhaps 2 or 3 key additions.

Last edited:

I am not sure that I understand you. Obviously, with the glory of 20:20 hindsight, no one would have signed Pantsil or Johnson, for example but, one can appreciate what they were meant to achieve. Which players do you see as random signings?

One example would be Mills. It was sort of a case of "let's spend loads of money on a marque signing - ok well we can't get one of those so will chuck a few million quid at Reading anyway"; then as you remind me he brought in a couple of Man City invalids who can't play the game any more; then there is Pantsil as you mention who hasn't been seen kicking a ball since the African Cup of Nations.

I also mentioned Pearson who has made a strange signing in Morgan - seemed an unnecessary and also an overly expensive buy for that quality of player.

Why Hopper? I'm genuinly interested as I've never seen him kick a ball for the first team.

I've heard a lot of good things about him and he seems to be knocking on the door of the first team. I think he's only made the one first team appearance in the cup, but he did well from what I remember and nearly scored with his first touch. The staff and the players certainly seem to rate him too:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-15087221-detail/story.html
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-15332609-detail/story.html

Wellens(rubbish full of miss passes ,cant do 90 mins anymore,howard well past his sell by date.we are all over the place(is nigel pearson really to blame)

Wellens(rubbish full of miss passes ,cant do 90 mins anymore,howard well past his sell by date.we are all over the place(is nigel pearson really to blame)

Yes. yes, we are are, aren't we? Punctuation isn't just for decoration you know.

I've heard a lot of good things about him and he seems to be knocking on the door of the first team. I think he's only made the one first team appearance in the cup, but he did well from what I remember and nearly scored with his first touch. The staff and the players certainly seem to rate him too:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-15087221-detail/story.html
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-15332609-detail/story.html

Talking to Rudkins father in law last night and he had similar praise for Hopper and the club expect him to
Become the next big thing. Apparently he " has everything " strength, pace, good in the air,good ball control and he is on the bench today. Get him on I say nothing to lose.

Tery Terry where are you eh.
Nigel even recognised he got it wrong to start with and changed things.

cafe's been a bit quiet today as well although it was his big day out today perhaps he was overwelmed by it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669