Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all written with the caveat that Vardy isn't confirmed an Arse player yet.

To be honest, this entire episode makes me fall out of love with football a touch.

I genuinely thought that our achievements this year might just change the game a bit. But here we are a month later and normal business has resumed. England selecting big names from big clubs and the likes of Arsenal picking the bones out of our side. I naively thought that the accomplishments this team managed, the closeness of the squad, Champions League football, the support many of them have received from the club, the superb fans and the presence of Claudio might be enough to keep the vultures at bay.

On the one hand it makes our achievement this year all the more remarkable and special...on the other we see that it doesn't appear to have had any impact on the larger game.

While I can understand Vardy leaving, if he does, I doubt he has any idea that his decision is basically confirming the status quo that he so brilliantly disrupted this year.

Between that and this farcical England squad, I don't know...its just disappointing, isn't it?

All in all. Meh.
Bang in Miles, feels like the Heskey departure to me a bit.

keep-calm-and-dont-be-such-a-drama-queen.png

Now being reported on same thread as the agreed fee is £29.8 million.

A bit of a mess.

No doubt he'll get booed by the morons next season when we play Arsenal. He's spearheaded us to the greatest days this club has ever seen and deserves to be respected for that, whatever he decides to do next. Same goes for the rest of this team.

I'm resigned to the fact he's going now. Absolutely gutted. But I'll always have the memories

The trolls are not only nasty but stupid. Nothing would be more likely to make Vardy want to leave the club than Leicester fans trolling his wife.
I realise that I am in a minority on this but I believe the worst thing about the internet is its anonymity*. I believe that if you are willing to put an opinion - especially on a named person you have a moral obligation to put your name to it.
* I know that the police can find out peoples real names. but this only happens in extreme cases.

Obviously I don't want Vardy to go anywhere. But if he was to go to any club why does it have to be Arsenal.
Should this happen I hope we are planning ahead.

If Vardy wants a 4 yr deal at 120,000 to take him to 33. I think we should let him go.
If one of my team at work played the "I'm thinking of leaving" card once and they were decent I might offer them more money (like we did in Jan). If they played it again 4 or 5 months later I'd wish them well and accept it.
If we get 1 or 2 of Musa, Slimani, Long or the Ajax fella maybe we'll even have a more diverse goal threat than we did last year, and also more champs league experience.
Cheerio Jamie, and good luck

I can't believe that so many people are soaking up all of this media garbage. I am in no doubt that there has been a bid but I am sure that there lots of media outlets trying to increase their audiences.

The Arsenal fans forum thread on JV is now 104 pages long...

Obviously I don't want Vardy to go anywhere. But if he was to go to any club why does it have to be Arsenal.
Should this happen I hope we are planning ahead.

I really wonder if Wenger will then come back for N'golo or Ryiad. Put Kante and Vardy in that Arsenal side and they will be pretty formidable.

The trolls are not only nasty but stupid. Nothing would be more likely to make Vardy want to leave the club than Leicester fans trolling his wife.
I realise that I am in a minority on this but I believe the worst thing about the internet is its anonymity*. I believe that if you are willing to put an opinion - especially on a named person you have a moral obligation to put your name to it.
* I know that the police can find out peoples real names. but this only happens in extreme cases.
Keyboard warriors DG. "I won't say it to your face but I'll type it to the world..."
Imagine if the internet/social media was around when Brian Little wasn't going to be the next Villa manager.

I hope Kante or Mahrez don't have any release clauses. Vards is at an age where this will be his only big transfer. Kante and Mahrez have time.

On a side note...congratulations to Fleetwood! Their budget has just doubled!

Why?

He hasn't gone anywhere and he isn't.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Arsenal never make a big signing until transfer deadline day when they panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566