Walshy out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the very people likely to boo Yann are those who see Walsh as some kind of God who always speaks the truth-so this will only encourage them.

Great Player and a city legend, but as a man, the blokes a nob.

Guys and Girls, let's just remember that News Papers (even the mockery) may ask leading questions like " So Steve, do you think the times come for him to apologise?"
STEVE "well...it would probably help him with the fans"

HEADLINE: WALSH Says The times come for KERMIT to say sorry!!

Sometimes people say things they are led to say without realising what the implications are, it's the frustrating side of Journalism. He also went onto say that "Some players will always be loved and others will not, but I can't see any point in ripping them to bits."

Maybe we should continue to rip Walshy to bits because he thinks we shouldn't be doing it to the current players!

Get a ****ing grip everyone! Walshy was my idol as a kid and I remember like it was yesterday the 94 playoff final with him running in my direction after the winner was scored. I remember 40 odd THOUSAND fans going bananas! I was picked up by some brut of a guy stood next to me and thrown around like a rag doll as everyone bounced up and down in celebration!! Memories i'll cherish for ever. So to see people pillar him now when they don't even really know the bloke is very sad indeed.

Sure he will have made mistakes in his life, sure he's slept with women he probably shouldn't have, but how many of you men out there can say that if you'd been a top flight footballer and had women throwing themselves at you, you'd of been able to say no. Being honest...eh..eh

In all honesty I love women, and i doubt I'd of been able to be a goody two shoes like all of you lot obviously would be AND must be...

You Women on the site, are you all perfect? have you not done things you shouldn't have?

People on this site have said things far worse than what Walshy is alleged to have said by the mockery. Should we all be digging into the skeletons in your closets for our own amusement! :102:

Last edited:
I think he is saying Walshy is my pal and as i actually know him im probably more qualified to comment on what he is actually like.

An apology would be meaningless and inappropriate.

Nonetheless - the player in question is about fourth division standard and at this stage of his career isn't likely to improve.

The way he attempted to take the penalty also indicates that his judgement is lousy.

One incident can't be blamed for not getting promotion but there is no point in clogging up the books with forwards who can't play and won't score any goals.

An apology would be meaningless and inappropriate.
Not necessarily.
Nonetheless - the player in question is about fourth division standard and at this stage of his career isn't likely to improve.
Fourth division? based on what exactly?
The way he attempted to take the penalty also indicates that his judgement is lousy.
No it doesn't. It showed he had confidence in his own (just about) proven technique.
One incident can't be blamed for not getting promotion but there is no point in clogging up the books with forwards who can't play and won't score any goals.
As has been mentioned several times, he's barely played as a forward. And to say he "can't play" is rediculous.

Well he was released from Reims who had finished bottom of the French 2nd tier, Ligue 2. That's not really Peterborough standard though, below second tier level there's a mix of amateur, semi-pro and pro clubs. So 3rd/4th tier standard seems not unreasonable, especially seeing him in action for LCFC. :icon_eek:

Well he was released from Reims who had finished bottom of the French 2nd tier, Ligue 2. That's not really Peterborough standard though, below second tier level there's a mix of amateur, semi-pro and pro clubs. So 3rd/4th tier standard seems not unreasonable, especially seeing him in action for LCFC. :icon_eek:

But that's just the way French football is established. Nothing to do with ability.

He had a French Ligue Un in for him, the same time as City.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.

No it doesn't. It showed he had confidence in his own (just about) proven technique.

As has been mentioned several times, he's barely played as a forward. And to say he "can't play" is rediculous.

1. Based on his playing record in France and England - I think that "Fourth Division" is about his level;

2. What technique? I don't understand. I shouldn't really need to explain that a decisive moment in a crucial penalty shoot out was not the ideal time for him to f--k about and show off;

3. I don't understand the word "rediculous" - did you mean "obvious"?

As far as I'm concerned players with modest ability should concentrate on playing within those abilities. Do you think that had he gone to NP and said "Is it o.k for me to minimise our chances by trying to chip the keeper" that his manager would have said that's fine by me son (or in this case garcon!). You have the talent and you must express it. I don't think so.

It's not valid to say that he cost us promotion, but im my opinion he has demonstrated that he isn't the sort of player that we need - and we should get rid.

1. Based on his playing record in France and England - I think that "Fourth Division" is about his level;

2. What technique? I don't understand. I shouldn't really need to explain that a decisive moment in a crucial penalty shoot out was not the ideal time for him to f--k about and show off;

3. I don't understand the word "rediculous" - did you mean "obvious"?

As far as I'm concerned players with modest ability should concentrate on playing within those abilities. Do you think that had he gone to NP and said "Is it o.k for me to minimise our chances by trying to chip the keeper" that his manager would have said that's fine by me son (or in this case garcon!). You have the talent and you must express it. I don't think so.

It's not valid to say that he cost us promotion, but im my opinion he has demonstrated that he isn't the sort of player that we need - and we should get rid.

The word 'Rediculous' has started appearing in recent months. I've even noticed well educated friends of mine using it on Facebook so I imagine it will just be a matter of time before it is in the dictionary. There is a serious brown nosing Kermit epidemic going around, its not permitted to even suggest he's never played at this level before and has yet to prove he's up to it

The word 'Rediculous' has started appearing in recent months. I've even noticed well educated friends of mine using it on Facebook so I imagine it will just be a matter of time before it is in the dictionary. There is a serious brown nosing Kermit epidemic going around, its not permitted to even suggest he's never played at this level before and has yet to prove he's up to it

But you and Redditch aren't saying he has yet to prove it, you are saying he has proven that he isn't up to it, which is a big difference.

IMO he has proven neither way so far, but I am more than happy for him to have the chance. What I have seen of him this season has impressed me, just as much as it hasn't impressed others.

Honestly, if you are pro- a player on here you are brown-nosing, and if you are anti- a player you are apparantly a sacrastic git.

But you and Redditch aren't saying he has yet to prove it, you are saying he has proven that he isn't up to it, which is a big difference.

IMO he has proven neither way so far, but I am more than happy for him to have the chance. What I have seen of him this season has impressed me, just as much as it hasn't impressed others.

Honestly, if you are pro- a player on here you are brown-nosing, and if you are anti- a player you are apparantly a sacrastic git.

I use the term prove himself as a bit of a compromise....as calling him shit upsets a few people. I personally don't think he is up to it but so many people think he just hasn't proven his true ability (and should be given more of a chance than most to do so) so maybe the jury should still be out.

I use the term prove himself as a bit of a compromise....as calling him shit upsets a few people. I personally don't think he is up to it but so many people think he just hasn't proven his true ability (and should be given more of a chance than most to do so) so maybe the jury should still be out.

Are you saying he's shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670