Walshy out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you and Redditch aren't saying he has yet to prove it, you are saying he has proven that he isn't up to it, which is a big difference.

IMO he has proven neither way so far, but I am more than happy for him to have the chance. What I have seen of him this season has impressed me, just as much as it hasn't impressed others.

Honestly, if you are pro- a player on here you are brown-nosing, and if you are anti- a player you are apparantly a sacrastic git.

I am a sarcastic git but what I'm saying Beighton is that I want the club to get ruthless with players who aren't much cop anyway and instil a bit of understanding or even fear, if you like amongst the rest, that the manager isn't going to stand for players who are unprofessional enough to throw away a massive opportunity for their colleagues, the club and its fans.

I can accept that players sometimes don't play well. I can accept that they make bad mistakes. I can't accept that he indulged himself by f---ing around like that. I still can't believe that it actually happened.

I didn't expect us to get through after the first leg, but to create the opportunity and then contrive to throw it away in such a bizarre fashion is difficult to swallow.

2. What technique? I don't understand. I shouldn't really need to explain that a decisive moment in a crucial penalty shoot out was not the ideal time for him to f--k about and show off;

As far as I'm concerned players with modest ability should concentrate on playing within those abilities. Do you think that had he gone to NP and said "Is it o.k for me to minimise our chances by trying to chip the keeper" that his manager would have said that's fine by me son (or in this case garcon!). You have the talent and you must express it. I don't think so.

It's not valid to say that he cost us promotion, but im my opinion he has demonstrated that he isn't the sort of player that we need - and we should get rid.

There really is a lot of balls being talked about this. It's clear from Youtube that Kermit normally chips his penalties. Given the decisive moment and all, does anyone really think that he should have changed his technique at the last minute?

Really?

The coaching staff must have known that this is the way he takes them, and if they weren't happy for him to be in the first five penalty takers then we should be asking who of the other six players on the pitch chickened out - at least Kermit had the balls to go up there.

As fans we all need to man up and accept that one side had to lose last week, the team ran them as close as possible and we fans should be proud of every single one of them.

And another thing, given a decent run in the side, Kermit could well prove to be the ideal foil for Fryatt, so please let's not hound the lad out.

There really is a lot of balls being talked about this. It's clear from Youtube that Kermit normally chips his penalties. Given the decisive moment and all, does anyone really think that he should have changed his technique at the last minute?

Really?

The coaching staff must have known that this is the way he takes them, and if they weren't happy for him to be in the first five penalty takers then we should be asking who of the other six players on the pitch chickened out - at least Kermit had the balls to go up there.

As fans we all need to man up and accept that one side had to lose last week, the team ran them as close as possible and we fans should be proud of every single one of them.

And another thing, given a decent run in the side, Kermit could well prove to be the ideal foil for Fryatt, so please let's not hound the lad out.

He won't listen you know, he'll just come back and say he was being arrogant.

Unfortunately, nothing is going to change what happened.

I - and the rest of the watching world - saw a ludicrous attempt at a penalty and hopefully he never takes another one whilst at LCFC.

For goodness sake, he should have just kept his head down and thumped the ball to the left on the keeper and we might well be now looking forward to being in the box seat for promotion.

I - and the rest of the watching world - saw a ludicrous attempt at a penalty and hopefully he never takes another one whilst at LCFC.

For goodness sake, he should have just kept his head down and thumped the ball to the left on the keeper and we might well be now looking forward to being in the box seat for promotion.

The Keepers left or Kermit's left? I seem to remember the keeper went to his right which would make it Kermit's left, so if that's what you meant then it may well have still been saved, however if you meant the Keepers left, Kermit's right, then I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said :)

The Keepers left or Kermit's left? I seem to remember the keeper went to his right which would make it Kermit's left, so if that's what you meant then it may well have still been saved, however if you meant the Keepers left, Kermit's right, then I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said :)

I thought he fell on his arse and therefore the only place that would have resulted in him saving the penalty was exactly where Kermit put it. 3 feet either side of centre or 4 feet above the ground would have been okay.

Rather a large area to aim at don't you think?

Barn doors and Banjos?

:icon_bigg:icon_wink

I thought he fell on his arse and therefore the only place that would have resulted in him saving the penalty was exactly where Kermit put it. 3 feet either side of centre or 4 feet above the ground would have been okay.

Rather a large area to aim at don't you think?

Barn doors and Banjos?

:icon_bigg:icon_wink

Funny isnt it how you see different things :102:

I saw him dive full length to his right, stand up, brush himself off, smoke a fag whilst leaning against the post, bury the butt, wander back to the centre of goal, sit down and push the ball away..... :icon_bigg

I saw him dive full length to his right, stand up, brush himself off, smoke a fag whilst leaning against the post, bury the butt, wander back to the centre of goal, sit down and push the ball away..... :icon_bigg

...and he still missed...actually thinking about it, if it happened how you describe shouldn't it have had to have been retaken due to the goalie moving too early?...:icon_wink

So you are agreeing that you wanted him to change his usual, tried and tested method of taking penalties?

Come on guys, you're looking at an ex-footballer here. They aren't renowned for their quick wit and sparkling repartee. Especially if going by another ex-City player, whose company was forced upon me this afternoon...

Come on guys, you're looking at an ex-footballer here. They aren't renowned for their quick wit and sparkling repartee. Especially if going by another ex-City player, whose company was forced upon me this afternoon...

lucky you :icon_lol:

You missed him going for a shit, and watching the end of the news at ten as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669