Walshy out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his latest blog - http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2010/...agers-at-leicester-city-week-two-david-pleat/ - and he thinks a player should apologise for missing a penalty?

Walsh said:
One funny story from the Pleat era happened during a pre-season trip to Scotland. Quite a few of us went to this club; Tony Spearing, Gary McAllister, Peter Weir, Ali Mauchlen, Jimmy Quinn and me.

On the top floor, Spearing had taken a swig of his beer and spat it out, spraying everybody down on the dance floor. This Scottish guy with tattoos came bounding up towards us. I got the nod from Jimmy Quinn and we just ran upstairs. This guy got the wrong man and smacked Peter Weir before the bouncers threw us down the stairs and into the street.

Outside, the same guy was talking to Peter Weir again and I could see him eyeing up another punch so I smacked him. He never even moved. Then he ran at me and I punched him full in his face, knocking him down. I grabbed him on the ground and thought ‘I better give him another.’

I could see Ali and Gary Mac on the other side of the street staying well away from it all. I went to punch him again and the guy moved his head at the last minute and I smacked my fist against the concrete and broke my hand. Ali decided to get involved and ran across the road and kicked the guy, injuring his foot in the process! Then there was this other lad in the middle of the street giving it all these karate moves so I just ran at him and chased him away!

Weir’s got his eye hanging out, I’ve broken my hand and Ali’s done his foot and we’ve all got training the next day! I couldn’t eat my breakfast the next morning as I was hiding my left-hand, and Peter Weir didn’t even make it down, hiding in his room!

From his latest blog - http://www.soarmagazine.co.uk/2010/...agers-at-leicester-city-week-two-david-pleat/ - and he thinks a player should apologise for missing a penalty?

What a tit!

This guy was my hero when I was a nipper, Ive always tried to play football in his mold, full blooded, never give an inch etc (altho im more skillful than Walshy! And never been booked or sent off :icon_lol:) ) I even got to meet him when I did the Graphic design for his flyers and business cards for his golf thingy in Spain (not the sharpest tool in the box tho!), he even signed a picture for my mum (her obsession with him is on the level of the Oakley and Morrison obsession by the ladies on here!:icon_bigg). But my opinion of him goes down every time he opens his mouth. :icon_sad:

What a tit!

This guy was my hero when I was a nipper, Ive always tried to play football in his mold, full blooded, never give an inch etc (altho im more skillful than Walshy! And never been booked or sent off :icon_lol:) ) I even got to meet him when I did the Graphic design for his flyers and business cards for his golf thingy in Spain (not the sharpest tool in the box tho!), he even signed a picture for my mum (her obsession with him is on the level of the Oakley and Morrison obsession by the ladies on here!:icon_bigg). But my opinion of him goes down every time he opens his mouth. :icon_sad:

I think you'll find it's not just the ladies who love Morrison.

The Walsh biog book Here, There And Everywhere has all of that tale plus others.
In the book he comes accross as an honest hard working footballer. That is the trouble with these people, they are footballers.

I can't believe he's even talking about that sort of thing publicly, let alone making it sound as if it's funny.

The bloke does know that kids look up to him, doesn't he?

The bloke does know that kids look up to him, doesn't he?

Do they?
He hasn't played for about 10 years, I doubt there's many kids that even know who he is.

You may be surprised.

Go on then surprise me.

Just because you met one kid once who'd heard of him from his dad, doesn't change the fact that most kids wouldn't know him from a toilet brush.

Last edited:
Go on then surprise me.

Just because you met one kid once who'd heard of him from his dad, doesn't change the fact that most kids wouldn't know him from a toilet brush.

...and anyway, so what if every child in the East Midlands worshipped him like a god, who gives a ****, he doesn't owe them anything, so what if he acts like a cock?

****ing hell, that is horrible and what's worse is that he seems to just be laughing it off and almost taking pride in telling the story.

The worst part is that he tried to punch him again even when he was down for no reason other than he thought "he better give him another." What a cowardly thug.

He continuously comes across as such a ****, it's really hard to give any ounce of respect to him, no matter what he did for the club.

****ing hell, that is horrible and what's worse is that he seems to just be laughing it off and almost taking pride in telling the story.

The worst part is that he tried to punch him again even when he was down for no reason other than he thought "he better give him another." What a cowardly thug.

He continuously comes across as such a ****, it's really hard to give any ounce of respect to him, no matter what he did for the club.

I know what you mean, but I wonder how much of the tale was exaggerated.

...and anyway, so what if every child in the East Midlands worshipped him like a god, who gives a ****, he doesn't owe them anything, so what if he acts like a cock?

Me and several people of my age were brought up being told what a legend George Best was. It never influenced us to have wine for breakfast. The whole role model bollocks shows how little faith people have in young peoples decision making....it also allows them an excuse for their own failings as parents/guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669