Wayne Brown rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm not posting owt on here that could get others or the forum into trouble.

Ok fine, but if your not going to post it could you please stop going on about how you know something we don't in almost every other post.

That's the second time you've mentioned David Starkey recently. Can you stop it, please?
He's a vile little man and the mention of his name makes me feel a bit ill.

David Starkey has written at least two books (Henry VIII abnbd Elizabeth I) that are superb, is an excellent prose stylist and perhaps the greatest living authority on 16th century England. To use the term youngsters like - respect.

Obviously I was unaware of your medical history and did not realise that the words "David S______" had this dramatic effect on your health. Presumably it is only the second name that has causes your illness since his first name is synonimous with wisdom and virtue.

David Starkey has written at least two books (Henry VIII abnbd Elizabeth I) that are superb, is an excellent prose stylist and perhaps the greatest living authority on 16th century England. To use the term youngsters like - respect.

Obviously I was unaware of your medical history and did not realise that the words "David S______" had this dramatic effect on your health. Presumably it is only the second name that has causes your illness since his first name is synonimous with wisdom and virtue.

To be honest, I don't understand the vitriol either. I enjoyed his TV series, and I also enjoyed reading the books. :102:

I'm well aware of his stunning academic and literary achievements, doesn't make him any less of an obnoxious arsehole though.

Ok fine, but if your not going to post it could you please stop going on about how you know something we don't in almost every other post.

I'm not. I'm just using what I know to add comments as and when!:icon_razz:081:

Btw, a lot on people on here know it anyhoo.

I know something you don't too

same here.

To be fair it is a big achievement for BF keeping her mouth shut!...:081::icon_bigg

I'm well aware of his stunning academic and literary achievements, doesn't make him any less of an obnoxious arsehole though.

You have pointed out a link between Wayne Brown and David S____ that I was not aware of. I wonder whether they have ever discussed each other's merits.

In future if I am quoting David S_____ I shall not give him credit. So please be aware that in the unlikely event I write something profound or witty it will probably be from David S_____. If it my usual twaddle it is original.

Is it only David S_____ that causes this affliction or are there other historians/writers/scientists who cause this reaction and should not be named? In view of Leicester's chief coach I hope your stomach is OK with 16th century dramatists.

To be honest, I don't understand the vitriol either. I enjoyed his TV series, and I also enjoyed reading the books. :102:

I've only ever seen him on Question Time and can't really see whats so offensive either

Take your pick. He hates women, 'ethnic communities' (whatever that means) and the rest of Britain and Ireland.

I'm pretty sure that making racially abusive comments to your team mates is grounds for gross misconduct and Leicester will be able to tear up his contract if they want to. Also I'm pretty sure if DJ Campbell is found guilty of stabbing someone, he can also have his contract torn up.

Where do people get the idea that just because these people are footballers the normal rules don't apply to them?

I'd have thought knocking on the door of a teammate in the middle of night and then breaking his jaw with a sucker-punch would be grounds for tearing up a contract. Turns out I was wrong. Since something like 1 in 4 professional football players in this country are black, I would be very surprised if we can find a club prepared to take him. Meaning this looks like very bad news for city.

I'd have thought knocking on the door of a teammate in the middle of night and then breaking his jaw with a sucker-punch would be grounds for tearing up a contract. Turns out I was wrong. Since something like 1 in 4 professional football players in this country are black, I would be very surprised if we can find a club prepared to take him. Meaning this looks like very bad news for city.

The issue with Wise was we'd already punished him with the offence and then did again

By ethnic I assume he means anyone who has an ethnic origin. Which means he hates pretty much 100% of the population.

Reading the article involved at no point does he mention hating ethnic minorities or for that matter hating women or the rest of Great Britain. The historian involved - I will avoid mention of his name because of Macky's tummy problems - criticizes the feminisation of Tudor History, makes remarks about multiculturalism and derides Scotland and its elevation of Burns as a great poet.

This all arose because I quoted his comment that "we should not make gods of our opinions". Regardless of Macky's ailment was he wrong on this.

Take your pick. He hates women, 'ethnic communities' (whatever that means) and the rest of Britain and Ireland.

Hmmm, bit of an over-reaction? Hates women? What, because women do look at the personal side of things? What he said was true, and I don't find it offensive.

The second article, taken in its full context, again, doesn't raise any concerns to me, and as for the third, I think my hubby would agree wholeheartedly with him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669